NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rise of the Buckskin Beauty

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 12:47pm
Pep talks will help ha. That extra 25hp makes Reid sleep at night!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 2:12pm
Any chance this will make it to the SJRR or is the 83 staying the winter at the BBC?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Any chance this will make it to the SJRR or is the 83 staying the winter at the BBC?

Whoa there trigger this boat needs a set of stringers and floor... along with wetsanding of three square miles of gelcote.. the engine and transmission are the fun and easy parts. It would be awesome to see it in the water sometime this summer.

Even after that I doubt it will ever be a boat I would pull down to a watersports heavy vacation week, much less down on the river, high freeboard and no platform is too much of an advantage for the gators following you back to the boat!

And yes I left the 83 down in NC for the winter..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Scared to say although the floor is crunchy the stringers look surprisingly good at first glance.

Was hoping this meant you were going to squeeze a few years out of them.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 4:46pm
Sadly I took a second look, the secondaries are really bad and the primaries have had some shoreing up to make them as solid as they are but under the floors I am guessing its all not good.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 5:25pm
Wow that is a wide block up top !!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 5:46pm
Joe, Are you going to try and slavage that carb? There is a very good shop here in Indy that rebuilt the correct carburetors for my uncles 66 Hemi Coronet and they looked and ran beautifully. Just an idea.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 6:00pm
I have yet to find a carb I couldn't get back in service if I wanted, I am hoping this one is no different. Once I get it tore apart and bead blasted I should know more. It is just a little bitty 4 barrel and the manifold doesnt look like anything bigger will work so the best bet appears to be to use it if at all possible.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 6:12pm
Joe, look at the 65 rebuild thread, i have pictures of the Sherwood pump.

ALso let me know if you want the carb, i'll sell ya it pretty cheap if you wish.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 6:17pm
I am likely interested in the pump assuming it matches what is on 65cuda's engine... if you get a chance post a pic of the carb as well..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 6:25pm

I am likely interested in the pump assuming it matches what is on 65cuda's engine... if you get a chance post a pic of the carb as well..

Will do, it worked last time the engine ran, ( obviously!). I have no idea what brand it is, but if i were a guessing man, i'd assume it's a carter.

I'd like the copper gasline coming off it so i can make my 1970's safe!
1970 Mustang
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 6:29pm
There were alot of Chrysler manifolds in the day that wouldn't except a larger venturi size. That company does the bead blasting as well. Just an idea. The ones on the Hemi car were that bad or worse!

69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 9:39pm
I think it is great to see another Debonnaire on the site. I wish that mine was in as good of shape when I picked it up though! I like the interior layout on your boat, plenty of room for you and 9 friends! I am just curious how it would handle full of people. Good luck with your project!
1963 Debonnaire Deluxe
1972 Separator Jet Boat
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 10:56pm
My marauder takes a long time to get on plane when loaded with people but handles well after that.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 8:27am

I have yet to find a carb I couldn't get back in service if I wanted

Joe,
Steve should have sent his YH to you for a rebuild!
I have not had any problems with my dual YH's after rebuilding them. Just the normal tweaking of the float levels.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

My marauder takes a long time to get on plane when loaded with people but handles well after that.

What kind of engine is on your marauder, i noticed they had much bigger engine options.
1970 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 12:00pm
Pump looks like I can use it, carb, maybe electrical system if it is in my budget – send me an email to jhf6659 at yah00 d0t com and let me know what else you got that I should probably get along with some prices

His Marauder had a twin turbo 440 at one point… now its got a perfectly competent 318 LA engine. Bill what prop are you running on that boat? I am thinking this one will perform just fine.. hopefully with the right prop it will top out close to 40 unloaded and cruise at 30 with a crowd. It was used as a waterski boat for a summercamp most of its life (hence the school bus seating).

I am thinking I will need to find me a vintage surfboard, get me a pair of win trunksto go along with my favorite win win shirt and embrace wakesurfing 60’s style.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 12:28pm

I am thinking I will need to find me a vintage surfboard, get me a pair of win trunksto go along with my favorite win win shirt and embrace wakesurfing 60’s style.   

"Surfing, 60's style"

Plus you could get a top like on this san juan, just so we can watch Tim's head explode when he sees it
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 12:53pm
Ha, and everyone thinks wake surfing is something new!!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 1:36pm
That boat screams for the big water of the Great Lakes.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 2:10pm
Joe. You will get more than 40. 44 was my best gps. Prop is the standard. 13 x13 I love the bus seating.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 2:13pm
I would love to get a Bimini like that in the brochure.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

I would love to get a Bimini like that in the brochure.

Some people around here, especially the old-schoolers, like them, I guess because we (I) grew up with them. The younger crowd thinks they are hideous (led by Tim B). Technically, I don't think they are biminis, just "tops". I think bimini just refers to the style we typically see on our boats these days.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

The younger crowd thinks they are hideous (led by Tim B).

Larry, I like to think my taste is half way decent... all except one boat I own is older than I am- so I like to think that my dislike for that top isnt purely generational. A lot of people think Im old school, but at the same time, not everything "old" gets a "pass". Ugly is still ugly! I do hate it less on the San Juan than I do the Mustang though... what a way to ruin an otherwise beautiful boat!

Bill, remember that Joe's hull in question is a good 2' longer, probably a foot wider and a good bit heavier... it could very well be a 40mph boat at best with the lower output (210hp) 318.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 4:08pm
I am a fan of low slung Bimini tops on modern SKI boats when absolutely needed. I would love to watch some of
You guys crawl in and out of your Mustangs and Skylarks with those tops on (especially an SS).
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 4:11pm
Everything I own is older than me save my truck! haha.... Wonder how a Bimini would look on that

I could never stomach drilling holes in a deck of a boat for something that was never there before.

Now if you're talking SanJuan fly bridge im game ;)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 4:34pm
The tops were called "folding tops" and according to the 1966 Skylark brochure cost $78 which was the most expensive option for that boat other than perhaps an engine upgrade. They are pretty rare as not too many people liked them even back then. I thought they were hideous back then, but for some reason now think they look pretty cool. I remember our neighbor had a 62 Tournement Skier that my brothers and I thought was totally ruined when he put one on it. Pete would probably add a few points for you if you had one in a show.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 4:54pm
Tim, not questioning your taste at all. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

Surfing behind an I/O within inches of a spinning propeller. Brought to you by the same 60's that thought "Lawn Darts" were a good idea.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I could never stomach drilling holes in a deck of a boat for something that was never there before.

You could then have a basic boat,look at the options in 64, quite alot of them require holes!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 5:48pm

Gary, I'm ok with the holes as long as someone at Correct Craft Drilled them haha.

Riley, The top definatly adds points when using the PBOJS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic