Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake 2011 UPDATE !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
whitelakerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 1:16pm
Hey guys!!! White Lake Mini 2011 is on!!! Just wanted to drop in and say that we are excited to have you guys back! Last year was great and we are going to take that and improve on it! Be ready for awards, door prizes, great fellowship, and of course incredible Correct Craft boats! I am working on lining things up as far as lodging. Let me hear your input and ideas and lets make this year great! Take care and God bless!!

Townsend Link
White Lake Marine
NautiqueParts.com
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 12:08am
OK- Guys. There it is. The 'Official' Invite to White Lake 2011.
The dates are set. Any input on what you would like to do,or bring to the table- Post them here. White Lake will monitor this post and post on what will be happening at this event.
Thanks again and Hope to See Ya There!!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 9:30am

Last year we tested the waters at White Lake Marine.

And all I can say is the water was perfect!!!

Thank you White Lake Marine for asking us back this year.

We only ask for simple things at the events. Thats how
it turns out to be so much fun.

I will be bringing the sunshine from Florida with me......

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 6:11pm
We are ready to book our room. Thinking about bringing the three kids. Hope there will be some other families there as well. Looking forward to it!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 6:55pm
Not familiar with the area...did everyone stay in a hotel last year, or is there camping nearby? My dad and I are going to try to come, don't know if we'll have one boat or two, just want to know what the lodging options are before we finalize a plan.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

White Lake Motel & Campground

Back on page 1 of this thread
Probably wait a few weeks to see what White Lake is gonna come up with. Says he's gonna see about a 'Lodging' Discount for us- probably at this campground/motel. We stayed there last year, almost one whole section we had!
66 Skylark
93 SN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Back on page 1 of this thread
Well sure, if I had wanted to go to the trouble of "reading"...but that's a lot to ask before noon.

What do you suppose "Our lots are 30' x 50' and will accommodate only RV's" means? I hope they won't be pissed if I show up with a tent and a fire ring.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 9:30pm
I do not remember seeing any tent camping. The hotel rooms were very very very cheap. They are concrete block but very clean.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 9:46pm
I dont know if I remember very very very cheap.. they werent tent camping cheap.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 10:17pm
My family and I are planning to attend. We plan to arrive on Friday afternoon and to leave out on Sunday morning.

Keegan, I have 2 young daughters (6 and 4) so if that encourages you to make it a family thing, then great. We'll be staying at the motel which isn't 5 star but it's clean enough for us. To the others, the campground doesn't allow tents so I wouldn't plan it based on that.

I'll give fair warning that my CC will be towing an inflatable at some point during the day. My 4 year old got a new one for Xmas and I'm not telling her that we can't take it just to keep you CCFan people from giving me hell about it. Anybody that wants to ride it is welcome and I'll promise to keep it between us.

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 10:23pm
Forgot to mention in my last post. Marty and whoever else, I'd be happy to participate in some of the planning and organization. I've joined CCFans at two things in the past and never really did anything other than show up. If there's anything I can do, please let me know as I'd like to help if it's needed.

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 12:52am
Steve,

Please do not have a Fram Filter on the engine for the boat show. LOL!!!!!

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 10:04am
Donald,
Fram removed. After months of research and scouring over the maintenance section, speaking with my pastor and life coach I decided to go with a Wix filter.

On another note, did you find a boom yet? I found one on ski it again.com. Hoping to receive it tomorrow.
Sorry for the threadjack
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

After months of research and scouring over the maintenance section, speaking with my pastor and life coach I decided to go with a Wix filter.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 12:13pm
Steve,
Glad to see your comin'round. Now what oil do ya recommend ?    
I have an old carb we can rebuild at the motel after hrs. if anyone wants to. Can't wait, I'll be spending the nite this time. That drive home on Sat nite was rough!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 12:51pm
Great Steve! My daughter will be a month shy of 4 and we have a 10 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter. Looking forward to it.

So Marty we are waiting to book rooms to see if they can get us a group rate?
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 4:12pm
I think WLM went to a boat show this weekend in Raleigh. Let me get him an e-mail Monday and see what's in store. Motel room wasn't much last year though. Maybe by next-weekend, everyone can start booking a room.
I'm gonna get Keith to post one of those CCFan Boat sheets so everyone can fill it out and tell about your boat. If it's all OE, restored,re-powered, etc.
Fill it out guys, so the Judges know how to judge your boat. Get those notebook plastic covers or get it Laminated when done, then you can use it at all the Events. This helps the Judges out, plus gives a little History on your boat.

Thanks again Guys, and hopefully I or WLM will let ya know about lodging next weekend.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 5:20pm
Steve,

No I have not found a straight BI Boom yet. I just checked out one that was listed last night without a picture on Ski it Again.com. The person sent me a picture today but it is a Contour Boom.

I am just now looking hot and heavy for a BI Straight Boom. I know that BI offers the extension for the kids. I am not sure if that extension will mount on the other makes of booms.

My kids ( 13 and 10 girls) will be coming to White Lake with me and possibly the wife. The wife has not said no yet and has not said yes. I think that is a yes.

Wix makes a good filter. I was using PCM, but I am now using a Motorcraft filter. I am just trying to help you out because you will need it if you break out a Tube and Beach that beautiful boat at White Lake.

Donald
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 5:48pm
There may be a few guys from the north coming to crash your party. We'll be boatless so will trade beer for a spot in a boats. Not picky, just happy to thaw out for a few days!   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 5:55pm
Im penciling this in on my calendar... would be cool to make it down that way at the end of April.

Donald, Ive got a Casad boom if youre interested. Same design as the BI. The parts are completely interchangeable- so its compatible with the BI extension. I wouldnt be surprised if the 2 booms came out of the same factory- the only difference I can see is the color of the end cap and cables (yellow instead of red).
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 6:46pm
Tim,

I found your e-mail on another post. I will send you a message. I am intrested in the boom.

I hope you do make it to White Lake. It would be good to see you again.
Yellow and Red or good for me. However, Marty likes Pink and Purple. Just for future notice.

Thanks,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 6:51pm
Chris,

There will be plenty of room on the boats. Steve is offering Tube Rides. You are welcome to join us.

We can pick you up at a local Air Port (Charlotte) and take you to White Lake with no problem. Wilmington, NC is about 45 minutes ( I think) from White Lake, NC. It may be best for you to fly to Wilmington. We can work it out.

Donald
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 7:06pm
Thanks for the offers Donald! I will be flying in earlier in the week to visit a friend who just moved to Raleigh last week. We'll probably make the trip down on Friday morning and stay for the weekend. Hopefully everything works out, looks to be a go as of now but we'll see what happens! Would be a blast to meet up with you all. I owe Marty more than a few beers for sure!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 9:54pm

O.K. now we are talking !!!!!

Come on down......

You guys are gonna love seeing all the Correct Crafts on one lake.

This time I will be bringing the wife and of course "The One".

Gonna stop by Mr.Martymabe house on Thursaday like last year.

And then head to the dealership Friday morning.

I just love looking at this months photo......hehe   

Me and my photoman Tim are gonna try to get more air this year..

Ken Meloon looked at the photo from my desk at work and said man look at the air under that boat.   And I said YEP !!

So come on down and have some fun with us.

Dave

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2011 at 1:59pm
Chris,

Raleigh is very close to White Lake. Sounds like a great plan.

Donald
whitelakerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2011 at 4:59pm
Okay guys sorry for the delay as we are in the middle of boat show season. I called White Lake Motel and Campground which is where you stayed last year and got y'all squared away. The rooms are $50 per night and she is wide open that weekend so feel free to start ringing her phone off the hook to book your rooms. I am working to get some more stuff offered to everyone this year. I have some things up my sleeve that I hope will work out. (just wanted to tease a lil bit!----hey a lil suspense never hurt anyone!) We can't wait to see you all!!!!

FYI- Since I have another boat show coming up within the next two weeks I may not be able to check the forum as often as I would like. I will keep tabs as much as I can but if you have something pressing feel free to email me at townsend@whitelake.com or call me at (910)874-8088. Take care!
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2011 at 9:41pm
OK guys, Make those Reservations now! Hope ya'll can make this event. And if you're working on a boat, you don't have to rush to finish it. You can come without one, as there will be plenty of boats there.
I'm getting Keith to post the Boat 'Form' that lets you tell about your boat. Even a place for pics of your boat. Once done take it to Office Depot and get it laminated. If you need help on it, he can help or maybe some of us can help you get it filled out.
Also I might start a sign-up post. Let's have a GREAT Showing and hope to see ya there!

Thanks Again Guys    

Marty Mabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2011 at 5:40pm
We are booked and bringing the whole family. Looking forward to it!

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 10:56pm
So, you guys are wanting to make this like I hear the 'BIG' reunions are.
Most of you are leaning towards:

Tune Up Clinic

Alignment Clinic

Winterization Clinic

Carb Rebuild Clinic

Electrical/Mechanical Diagnostic Clinic

Anything else? Post here and Townsend/WLM will monitor this Thread and see what they can put together.
Also if something simple like Burgers and Dogs are OK, let us know here and we can figure out if 'we CCFans' will need to bring any of these items or if Townsend is gonna 'spring' for this

66 Skylark
93 SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2011 at 12:40pm

Marty & Townsend,

I think a good raffle on some old parts..

Would be a great way to raise some money for the site...

And don't forget a nice T-shirt as well.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic