NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

23' Fish Nautique Restoration Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 11:15am
Rebuiid is coming out great
Did you ever consider a Velvet 1.5:1 transmision?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 12:56pm
wow!! nice work there..almost there.
Man engine sits real low in the hull...And not spacious either..servicing it must be real hard...changing plugs, oil filter etc...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 2:45pm
Looking good there!!
Thanks for posting lots of pictures... We kinda love that over here
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2011 at 9:40pm
awesome restore!!
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
firefight-n View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:32am
looking awesome brother!!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:33am
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad84/firefight-n/135.jpg
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:34am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:36am

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:39am

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:42am
Thanks again John for building the transom cap piece for me, it came out unbelievable!!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:46am

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:48am

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 10:55am

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 11:40am
Really nice work there Rich!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 11:15pm

jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 11:39pm
Look great Rich. Running into some issues with my rebuild. Hope to have some updates in a day or so.
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 8:02pm
Rear Bilge floor coming together......
Well I have spent the last week figuring out where things are going to go for the final stretch of this restore. I hope I made the right decisions because there is really no turning back once I get the rear bilge floor NIDA-BONDED down. I made all the hatches and the calves for the boat and about have them installed. Just have to do some minor glass work to them. I decided not to make the rear bilge floor removible like I was palnning. I was able to pick up a center console from a 22' Shamrock for cheep and make it work. Now when I need to work on the motor I can just flip the front of the console up and get to where I need. The rear section of the console also removes so I can pull the motor in the event things go wrong...Well enough of my chatter Enjoy the pic..........

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 11:26pm

Haven't got that far. I am planning on running the 1:1 and see how it does. If it does not run as good as expected I will def. think about a 1.5:1.

John
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 11:18am
Finally got to work on the boat this week. I have been busy figuring out where the heck I am going to put everything. The front wall for the anchor locker is done. The floor to wall tie behind the calves is done. For the last week Shawn and I where trying to figure out how to make the back wall for the boat. I wanted it to look good but still be able to access all the hoses behind it. So after staring at it for 20-30 mins yesterday we decided to just do something and see where it takes us. One shhet of 1/4 NIDA-CORE and a few quick measurments and we got it. Well I have to give Shawn most of the credit for this I was working on all the other stuff while he cut and trimed the NIDA. Well Here are a few pictures. Hopeing to float it next week to mark the water line for the exhaust holes.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefight-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 9:59am
Nice John!!I just fired up the outboard for the first time yesterday, The only thing im waiting for is my throttle cables. I ordered them about 11 days ago from someone on ebay and he still has not shipped them. Im started to get HOT over it. So once those come in the mail, I will be splashing her. Ill give you a call when i do.
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 10:08pm
Bilge work progressing....
I have been working like a nut trying to find a place for everything in the bilge. Pumps, Batteries, exhaust, Trim pump, battery switch and all the other goodies that need to go in. It has not been an easy task. Here is where I am at....

jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 11:03pm
Spent the first few hours in the morning floating the boat to mark the water line. Put a few of my friends in there to replicate the weight of fuel and misc. stuff. Then it was time to drill baby drill :), the exhaust holes that is. The transom was alot thicker then I was thinking, 3.5 inches thick. Took a little time to drill a 3" hole in 3.5 inch NIDA-BOND, that stuff is very hard.... So with both exhaust holes drilled and pipes installed there is only a few more things left before I can start to finish the inside... Enjoy the pic....

jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 9:07pm
Getting it done.....
Today I met with my Buddy Ed from Stix Welding to dry fit the tower and take measurements. Tower will need to be extended 8" up and a few inches in, in the rear. I also installed the trim tabs and exhaust flappers. Spent most of the day running around picking parts up for the boat. Hoping tomorrow will be more productive. Enjoy the Pics.....

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 12:39am
JZ - That is going to be an awesome rig. Any artwork going on the sides? Will you have dual controls?

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

JZ - That is going to be an awesome rig. Any artwork going on the sides? Will you have dual controls?

Yeah on the Artwork and yes on the dual controls. Not sure what the art work will be, but as soon as I decide on a boat name I will start designing something.

John
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by jzarski jzarski wrote:

Not sure what the art work will be,
John

John,
How about "Fish Nautique" in original script? I'm trying my best here with my "keep it original"!!

I haven't commented in awhile - It's looking fantastic!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 9:56pm
Need some help fellows!!! Trying to locate a pair of valve covers for my 81 PCM 351w for my motor. The ones I have on the motor are all dented up. If some one has a set lying around that just needs a paint job let me know or if anyone has a leed on where to get them at a reasonable price please let me know. Also looking for someone in my area to help me align the motor in the boat. I have tried by watching the video on the forum but I don't think it's right. This is my first inboard so would like a pro to help out. If anyone has a name or number of someone in the Melbourne FL. or within 30 miles let me know.

Thanks
John
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by jzarski jzarski wrote:

. I have tried by watching the video on the forum but I don't think it's right.

Thanks
John

John,
Not right?? Really, I'd be curious about what you don't feel isn't correct. Maybe I can fill you in on some "gray" areas.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 11:08pm
Well I just don't really what is right or wrong. Is the shaft centered in the log? Is it in the cutless right? Do I have the shaft packing tight enough? I know nothing really about the inboard stuff. I know what is all does but as for making sure it is right, no clue. I have the tranny set to the shaft, with no bolts yet. It seems like it is even all the way around but how close does it need to be? Can I pull or push the shaft in or out to make it fit tighter? This is my issue...

John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic