Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 Barefoot Nauti

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 87 Barefoot Nauti
    Posted: November-20-2007 at 1:23pm
For all you Big-Block junkies.
Ran into an old friend who's selling this baby:
Nice 87 BF
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 1:26pm
Damn, well now that the cat is out of the bag that is the boat Johnny is looking at.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Damn, well now that the cat is out of the bag that is the boat Johnny is looking at.

Well, maybe that will light a fire for JJ to get moving on the boat rather than throwing out excuses. I didn't have any money when I got my first boat, and, last time I checked I still don't have any
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 2:17pm
Hollywood,
Tell Johnny you will sell him the jet skier a lot cheaper than that!
Greg

86 BFN
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 7:15pm
That looks interesting...

Hollywood, is that really the one johnny is looking at. has anyone seen the boat inperson and looked it over. If it's as nice as they say it tells johnny to go pick it up and I trade him mine and some money. Minus the hi-teks of course.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 8:12pm
502...wow.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 8:18pm
My wife has been asking me what I want for Christmas.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 10:08pm
Tull,

That's funny my wife keeps asking me the same thing. I keep telling her I don't want anything but I might have found it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 10:58am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Hollywood, is that really the one johnny is looking at.

Yes. I was going to look at it for him, but the guy wouldnt unwinterize. Can't do much til spring without a test drive.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yes. I was going to look at it for him, but the guy wouldnt unwinterize. Can't do much til spring without a test drive.

Yep, winterized & no water in his pond.
Not many test-drives going on in N.E. this time of year.

Although I bought my 84 - Feburary in Ohio.
Drove out, looked it over, pulled it home.
A week later it had a foot of snow on it.
I mustuv been young & crazy !
(But I just did the same with a Motorhome - Flew out to Tenn., bought it and drove it home.)
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Although I bought my 84 - Feburary in Ohio.
Drove out, looked it over, pulled it home.
A week later it had a foot of snow on it.
I mustuv been young & crazy !
(But I just did the same with a Motorhome - Flew out to Tenn., bought it and drove it home.)

I drove our 00 home on 2/4/06 in a snowstorm, 220 miles. The entire time I was envisioning what seemed like an inevitable horrific accident with the boat and trailer, but it never happened. At the end of the ride the guide poles on the trailer had a wedge of ice on them facing forward- aerodynamic!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 1:38pm

It confuses me why people even bother listing boats for sale if theyre not willing to let a potential buyer test drive them. This is not the only instance Ive run into lately and it baffles me!

I test drove my '90 with Joel in Nov '05. You test drove your '00 when you bought in Feb, right Joel? Unless a boat is severely underpriced and is worth taking a chance on, I cant imagine buying a boat without driving it first.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 1:51pm

I test drove my '90 with Joel in Nov '05. You test drove your '00 when you bought in Feb, right Joel? Unless a boat is severely underpriced and is worth taking a chance on, I cant imagine buying a boat without driving it first.

Yep, test drove a 95 siggie in October of 05,98 in November 05, and then the 00 in late January of 06 in Indy. The 00 dealer didn't hesitate to dewinterize it for one second, one of the several reasons they got my business.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 2:14pm

It confuses me why people even bother listing boats for sale if theyre not willing to let a potential buyer test drive them.
Unless a boat is severely underpriced and is worth taking a chance on, I cant imagine buying a boat without driving it first.

Tim,
I guess it comes down to the feeling you get about the sale.
With my 84, I had talked with the guy, he was a fanatic, beautiful boat, great condition, already winterized (no water in his lake either) I jumped on it! No regrets.
With my MH, they had a nicer rig than they knew they had, hard-luck story and had to sell. Paid the low asking price on EBAY, took a 1000 mile test drive driving it home. No regrets.
You can get a pretty good gauge by talking with people.
And by taking a good look, you can usually tell how things were cared for.
A little risky - yea. But, if it's really what you want, it's also risky that a guy like me would come along & it won't be there in the spring.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 2:14pm
Maybe the buyer should pay for the re winterizing if he doesn't buy the boat. That would eliminate the tire kickers.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Maybe the buyer should pay for the re winterizing if he doesn't buy the boat. That would eliminate the tire kickers.

3 gallons of anti-freeze, no problem!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 4:06pm
Bought my 85BFN the first Saturday in December 06. I had footed behind it one time the previous September. It was a gamble that nothing had changed, but the price was nice. The photo in my link below is from the day I bought it, notice the snow?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 6:11pm
I am with you Hollywood, hell I will rewinterize it for him if I didn't buy it.
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2007 at 3:44pm
Is the 502ci motor a marine only and who built it? Im also surprised its fuel injected what year did PCM start using FI on there motors ? Thanks
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2007 at 3:56pm
there using it in 3500 series trucks and you do see them alot in the marine world, the king builds it, Chevrolet
i believe it is a stroked 454 and possibly a different bore, some of the race guy's get 572 cubes out of this engine. it is a torque monster. i was kidding about the king thing im a chevy guy, and we always need controversy on the site
"the things you own will start to own you"
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2007 at 10:23pm
Fellas,

I believe it is a *gasp* Merc engine.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 11:33pm
how much different is the merc from the PCM python, anyone know.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 10:26am
the internals i imagine are the same, the stuff hanging on them may be from different companies, i know merc has a no pump no crank carb out on the carb models
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:27pm
So if it is a merc then I believe it would be a bulldog instead of a python.
NEDLUTZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEDLUTZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 10:28pm
OK GUYS WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THAT 87 BFN WITH THAT 502 IT IS FAST . THERE WAS NO WATER IN THE POND TO TEST DRIVE IT.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 4:32am
Originally posted by NEDLUTZ NEDLUTZ wrote:

OK GUYS WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THAT 87 BFN WITH THAT 502 IT IS FAST . THERE WAS NO WATER IN THE POND TO TEST DRIVE IT.

What can you tell us? Is it your boat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:41pm
I guess we better take it to a pond with water, mine will work.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 4:05pm
the bull dog is a 8.1 litre 496 cubes, they have a black scorpian which is speced for ski boats but its a small block, 350 mag mpi, they also have the mx 6.2 black scorpian 377 cubes also for tow boats 340 hp rpm range 4800 to 5200 niiiiiiccccce
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 4:12pm

For all you Big-Block junkies.
Ran into an old friend who's selling this baby:
Nice 87 BF

Holy Sh*t!
I thought my computer jumped over to Planetnautique after checking back in on this thread!
I posted the link because I thought some of you motor-heads on here would drool over this boat.
But, it's turned into a bullsh*t thread over winterizing???
If your interested, make a call. I'm sure you'll be able to find out anything you want to know about the boat.
This guy knows ski boats up/down/inside-out! His family has had ski boats since they started to walk.
(4) brothers (all excellent barefooters/skiers) w/ (4) ski boats.
(Seeing their boats over the years is how I caught the Ski-boat fever.)
If ya want to be clowns head over to the Planet. If you want straight Nautique talk stick around here.
As I said before- My understanding is that it was already winterized & No water in the pond!
Enough bull-sh*t!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 4:48pm

I posted the link because I thought some of you motor-heads on here would drool over this boat.

I do believe there was some drooling going on here.

But, it's turned into a bullsh*t thread over winterizing???

Easy, just a few jabs. Wouldn't necessarily throw it under the BS bus quite yet although you are helping.

This guy knows ski boats up/down/inside-out! His family has had ski boats since they started to walk.

Now I'm a bit more surprised that winterizing would be of absolutely any concern.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic