Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft 19 Foot Bridge erection boa

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Schneider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft 19 Foot Bridge erection boa
    Posted: July-26-2008 at 12:14pm
Hello

We have a Correct Craft 19 Foot Bridge Erection Boat built for the Corps Engineers of the US army in the 1950 and we are looking for manuals on this boat we have the Instruction manual for the engine but are looking for more details on this boat pictures and books welcome.

Thanks from the Netherlands.
Dennis Schneider
Bridge erecetion Boat 1952 Corps engeneers 19 Foot Gray Marine Express Six-244
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2008 at 1:25pm
Dennis, Sorry but you will not find a manual on the boat. Some pictures of the basic boat may exist but it sounds like it has been modified. Is there anything specific you're looking for? Post it and we may be able to help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Schneider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 6:50am
Hello

The boat has not been modified its a model made for the US corps of engeneers in the 1950ies they made a 19 Foot and 27 Foot model in aluminium.
I am looking for general information on the boat I have engin manual's.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:10am
Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the site! Good to see a neighbour from Europe here.
Do you have picture from your boat? We love pictures here
Does it look like this?

I also Googled on this boat and came across some links, maybe they can help you?
BEB 52-5 (1952)
Maybe there are some guys here from the US army that can help you... Good luck with your quest.

Kristof
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Schneider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:20am
I have pictures in the Diaries section under the year 1952 you will find pictures. The boat is my brothers and is located at this moment in Schoten Belgium where its undergoing big reconstructions after compleation it will go to greece to our summer house at the sea side.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:23am
Aha, I will have to take a look then! Schoten is not too far away...
Just saw it in the diaries. Not the same thing as my picture above...
Maybe you could send an e-mail to Correct Craft. Or even contact these guys. Who knows, they could have some information stuck deep in their archives somewhere [
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Schneider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:35am
Hello Kristof

I asume you speak dutch but we will continue in english. You have the double engine 27 Foot in that picture. We have the little brother the 19 foot. Is it yours in the picture?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:39am
No no, not mine, just some googling and searching for pictures. And yes, I speak Dutch, but only English allowed here, those are the rules

nutsaboutboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutsaboutboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 1:26pm
Hi

Do you still have your bridge erection boat?

I have one that is the 83 boat built out of 220 in 1951. I am about 50% through the restoration process. The motor is the Grey Marine Express Six and it is ready to install. The hull has been sandblasted and after a little metal work will be ready to paint. Trying to locate paint now. I have redo cradle, just need to fabric bumpers to complete.

I am missing push knee and the aluminum floor.

What condition is your in?

Regards
Nuts about boats
nutsaboutboats
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by nutsaboutboat nutsaboutboat wrote:

Hi

Do you still have your erection ?

Regards
Nuts about boats

Sorry, just had to!

Interesting topic, love seeing pictures of these rare gems!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 7:42pm
edited: Both redundancies removed.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2012 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Schneider Schneider wrote:

Hello

We have a Correct Craft 19 Foot Bridge Erection Boat built for the Corps Engineers of the US army in the 1950 and we are looking for manuals on this boat we have the Instruction manual for the engine but are looking for more details on this boat pictures and books welcome.

Thanks from the Netherlands.
Dennis Schneider

Hi Dennis.
Sounds like you need the military Technical Manual (TM 5-8022). It looks like this place has one in stock.

http://www.newportaero.com/home/manuals/army/browse/__16499/tm.html

They have one listed on their site. The TMs are very complete and detailed, and were used by the military to properly maintain anything from a military issue bicycle to a tank,or a B-36 aircraft. As a military vehicle collector and member of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA) I am very familiar with them. Most maintenance procedures include photos. They are usually quite detailed. You should be able to find one since there are several businesses that specialize in TMs. I will look through some resources if it is not available through the link I sent you.

BTW, the MVPA would love to have you and your boat as members.

http://www.mvpa.org/
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

lwdcruiser21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdcruiser21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 7:47pm
Hello, I just wanted to say I opperated a boat exactly like this in Germany for 3 yrs. I loved my job and the boat opperated beautifully. I used to build bridges on the Rhein river with it or sometimes raft accross the river. Wow sure brings back great memories. I always wanted to own one myself. They were so much fun. Thanks for the memories. Enjoy, and I hope you have as much fun as I did as a 18 year old lad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdcruiser21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 7:56pm
does this web site help I hope so military manuals on bridge eretion boatshttp://www.emilitarymanuals.com/militarybridgeerectionboat.html
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

erection boat.

Seems redundant to me.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdcruiser21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 12:40pm
sorry typing error. Just trying to be helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic