Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

teleflex elapsed time hour meter

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
coeperc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coeperc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: teleflex elapsed time hour meter
    Posted: December-09-2014 at 11:20am
If anyone has a Teleflex elapsed time hour meter in working condition available for sale like the one pictured please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 11:30am
Funny looking Correcr Craft dash...

Shouldn't be a hard find, hang in there.

I have this should you get desperate.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by coeperc coeperc wrote:

If anyone has a Teleflex elapsed time hour meter in working condition available for sale

Matt,

I have been looking for several years and they seem to be hard to find. I have gotten two from boats that were being parted out and all of them were also not working. I am not trying to bring you down, it is just that this model seems to be hard to find any that still work.

Good luck with your search,

Donald
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:08pm
Here is a Teleflex hour meter, but I suspect you are looking for one that specifically says "Elapsed Time"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:12pm
I would jump on that and I think I just sold my gauge sorry
coeperc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coeperc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:13pm
Yea I'm looking for one that will match the original. It's also illuminated and all the newer ones and most of them on Ebay and such are not. I've already taken this one apart and found that the pivot rod that the dials move on was rusted. I cleaned it best I could and it worked for a few months, but now its frozen again. I'd rather just replace it instead of taking it apart again so if I can find one that would be great. Appreciate the comments and the help!
-Matt
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:19pm
you need it to illuminate why?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

you need it to illuminate why?

Lighted stuff is always cooler!!! Especially when they randomly flash red and green like they are doing something, I always have the engineers build in flashing LED's on stuff
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:25pm
^annoying.

I don't do a lot of night skiing, or boating in general, but even when I do engine hours are irrelevant.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

^annoying.

LOL!!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:40pm
I agree... Lack of lighting on an hour meter wouldn't be a real deal breaker to me. When I do go out at night, I really appreciate the older boats that allow you to turn off the dash lighting separately from the nav lights. Allows you to turn them back on periodically to check vital engine functions but otherwise saves your eyes! It's nice when your eyes can adjust fully to the dark when you're driving without any headlights, ha.

Those elapsed time teleflex hour meters are hard to find, like Donald said.
coeperc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coeperc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 6:54pm
Ha! I know a little crazy, but I want an illuminated one...looks cool.
-Matt
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 8:08pm
I agree with TRBenj the less dash light the bether. Also with Hollywood, the hour meter is not something you have to check very often. In fact on my century I put a depth finder in the hour meter hole and moved the hour meter out of sight under the dash.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 9:42pm
I spent just about everyday for a year on ebay until I found that nos one for my Mustang. Just have to keep looking.Try changing your bulbs to red ones if they bother you at night I think my 95's are all red but then again it's a Team Red boat
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2014 at 10:04pm
Matt,
Have you looked into having your old one repaired?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
coeperc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coeperc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2014 at 11:08am
Nope I haven't, wasn't sure who repairs Teleflex gauges since they are not in business anymore. I repaired it myself and it worked for about 3 months but I really don't want to mess with it again as it isn't all that fun taking it apart...lots of small parts and I haven't got the time right now. It's also not worth spending tons of money on when I can get a cheapo to replace it. I was just hoping to find an original one which would make things easier. Thanks!
-Matt
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2014 at 2:18pm
so random thought to go along with Pete's repair suggestion...   Small airplanes us a HOBBS type meter for billing rental customers and for maintenance intervals.   this meter is the same type, so you may be able to find an instrument repair shop locally that could repair for you.   Since the HOBBS is not critical equipment, you are not likely to have to give an arm or leg for the repair.   Since all the one's mentioned above also needed repair, you may be in the same boat with a used piece.   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by coeperc coeperc wrote:

Nope I haven't, wasn't sure who repairs Teleflex gauges since they are not in business anymore.
-Matt

Instrument repair There are many instruments that aren't made anymore!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2014 at 6:44pm
There is a speedometer repair shop in Orlando that does good work too..... They are proud of their work, but it seems top notch. Velde99 can chime in with more info....
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2014 at 1:05pm
http://wichita.craigslist.org/boa/4803924567.html
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

http://wichita.craigslist.org/boa/4803924567.html

Here you go Mark. Another direct link for Tim Since he must be using his cell phone!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2014 at 1:44pm
Always, Pete... Feel free to follow me around and fix all my links as the mobile site functionality is somewhat limited. Don't want the ctrl+c and ctrl+p buttons on anyone's keyboards getting worn out :)
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

There is a speedometer repair shop in Orlando that does good work too..... They are proud of their work, but it seems top notch. Velde99 can chime in with more info....

If we're talking about the same speedo shop I'd advise caution. Last truck of mine they f'd up and claim current truck can't be adjusted.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 11:58pm
I think I have one or two hour meters. I will check my inventory.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2015 at 5:29pm
I have these 2 meters. I have not tested them. 1 needs to be cleaned internally.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2015 at 7:45pm
Scott,

I want one of them, but I do not want to snake Coeperk, the guy who started this thread. Can you send him a PM to see if he still wants one of them? I will take the second one. I will pay what ever you feel is a fair price plus shipping to 28037 Denver, NC. ( lake Norman - Charlotte). My e-mail is tilley166@bellsouth.net. text is seven zero four, 308 000 two. They can be tested with two leads and a car battery.

Gary S.

These appear to have been pulled from a Gardens Boat, Master, Sea World, and Bush Gardens, so I am not hurting the high value of my float.

Thanks,

Donald
coeperc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coeperc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2015 at 1:24pm
Yes I'm still looking for this meter, I said I would take one of them, so he should still have the other available.

-Matt
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 1:59am
I hooked each one up to a battery to check them out. Neither one of them work. There is a slight chance I might be able to come up with another 1 or 2. Maybe they will work.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
coeperc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coeperc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 10:51am
Scott,

I'll still take one even if it isn't working. Maybe I can use it for some parts to fix the one I've got in my boat.
Thanks,
Matt
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 11:53am
Ok pm your info.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic