Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89-92 Sport Nautique WFO wake pics wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
diggit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89-92 Sport Nautique WFO wake pics wanted
    Posted: October-21-2013 at 11:28pm
An '89 with only 130 hours just showed up on CL in Minneapolis:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/4143230583.html
'93 Ski Nautique Black/Teal
'77 Ski Nautique. Loved it. Let it Go.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 11:20am
Definitely a little more rooster tail than I was hoping to see, but that can be fixed with a plate. If anyone in your crew is brave enough to ride a ski or two @ 70', 80' and 90' of line (plus a 5' handle) that would also be appreciated.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 10:01am
Damn, thats not what I was hoping to see. If you have any better pictures of the wake that show the table in greater detail, it would be good to confirm. Basically looking at the area shown below, taken from as high a vantage point as possible:

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 4:54am
Brent whereabouts in Oz are you??

Nice looking gen 1 Sport. Do you have any more pictures from just before the rooster tail back to the wake. That picture shows the sidespray quite well, which is much like a 2001 :).

Maybe we could catch up and compare Sports.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
oznautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 2:15am
Maybe I'm spoilt. The lake is like that probably 75% of the time. Even better is that the ramp is only 1.5 miles from my house

Sorry to rub it in but I have been lurking on this forum all winter watching you guys have fun...looks like it's my turn.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 10:19pm
Dang. All hopes destroyed. Table looks very much like a 2001 hull :(.

Thanks for the pics that was some wonderful looking water!
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 9:58pm
I love my little old Sanger
This is the life
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 9:46pm
Tuber Red isn't it Steve?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 9:40pm
Table looks about the same as a Ski Nautique. It appears there is a secondary wake developing off the rooster tail. Really tough to tell though with out a skier out their. Beautiful water though, as Chris said, hope you ripped a few! Boat looks beautiful too, love that color combo...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 8:13pm

Heres a pic of the boat after I wetsanded the hull and put the new decals on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 7:58pm
Definently a nice start to the season, lake was like glass. Shots were taken on the way back to the ramp. No way were we wasting water like that!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 7:53pm
Wow, hopefully you snapped these after you'd skied till your hands wouldn't hang on any longer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 7:14pm
She snapped a few shots. If you like I can crop and zoom specific areas of the photo if that helps.

Cheers Brent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2013 at 7:12pm

Hopeing the photo uploads correctly.

I had my daughter snap this shot with my IPhone so apologies for the quality. GPS 43 MPH with 5 people in the boat.RPM 4300 spinning what I believe to be the stock Federal Prop.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 12:27pm
Haha.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 12:27pm
ghost ship. don't even worry about it
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 12:22pm
True, We were however recently accused of that ha. Now if the Benjamin barefooter came in the shop I can't say I wouldn't put it in the river ;).
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Bang shot down! There is one in the shop now but I don't think the guy wants us to take it out footing.

Don't you have to do a drive test, or since its probably in for winterizing, need to warm up the oil?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Bang shot down! There is one in the shop now but I don't think the guy wants us to take it out footing.

I figured all you boat shop guys took our boats out joy-riding, who would ever know?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 12:07pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 11:49am
Sorry Zach (and Mark), but you know the #1 rule around here.

Pics or it didn't happen!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 11:35am
Ok so Mark has been in a Sport at speed. From memory he says it produces a similar wake to a BFN.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 10:30am
Tim, washy lip sounds like a personal problem.... Make a call to Dr. Quinn.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 8:18am
The "pad" is certainly a go fast trick for some boats- but for it to do what you're talking about, it needs to end up being the only running surface left in the water at high speeds. Obviously all of the 40-50mph inboards aren't going to get there- too much weight, no ability to trim, fixed downward strut angle, etc- and there will be a lot more of the hull in the water than just the pad.

I'm guessing sanger's hull design was born from their go fast boating history, and just happened to produce a nice barefoot table. Just like how the bfn's table came from the smooth riding deep vee southwind. I have no idea where the 1st gen sport hull gained its inspiration, but it certainly doesn't look anything like the deep vees or flat bottoms that cc made before or since. Regardless, I'm curious if it has a nice barefoot table and a smallish wake, unlike the bfn, whose table is sweet, but the wake is tall and has a washy lip (toe catcher).
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 2:47am
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

That Sanger also has a delta pad, the triangle shape on the bottom. That's go fast trick, the boat rides on that at speed instead of the whole back edge of the boat. It makes for a more stable ride with less chine walking. I've never seen that on an inboard, usually on outboards and a few I/O's.

On the Sanger, I would agree. But, the 16 degree rise runs across the entire surface of the boat, and the flat spot in the middle is over a foot wide.

On the Nautique, I don't think it has much to do with speed. I think it is more related to wake shape and knocking off that extremely hard lip that we all know and love on earlier version of the Nautique. ICBW.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 1:50am
That Sanger also has a delta pad, the triangle shape on the bottom. That's go fast trick, the boat rides on that at speed instead of the whole back edge of the boat. It makes for a more stable ride with less chine walking. I've never seen that on an inboard, usually on outboards and a few I/O's.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 7:01pm
Air = Sport = very closely related to NWZ and 2001... at least as far as the barefoot wake/table goes. In other words, not good.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:36pm
HW, Tom has the Scarpa plate on his Christmas list from his lady friend for his 02 LX. Hopefully come March or April we will know what it does for the wake and how it effects the boat.

That's a mighty fine looking transom Gary!

The guys from Texas used to use a 99 or so Python Air for the Buckethead so it can't be that bad of a footing boat.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:29pm
Same? No. 19'6" vs. 21'. Related? Absolutely.

The 2nd gen Sport (1993+) is based on a stretched version of the NWZ Ski Nautique hull (1990-1996). The Super Sport is allegedly the v-drive version of the Sport with the same hull. I buy that, as the dimensions match (21'x91").
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Steve, no- the "padded keel" was a feature on the Ski Nautique hull starting with the 2001, and is largely still in place today on the 200. It is the \_/ addition (to the center of the running surface that keeps it from being a perfect flat bottom (like the '81 and earlier SN's, etc).

So is my 95 hull the same as the one above?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic