NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almost had two BFN’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almost had two BFN’s
    Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:32pm
It's not like there was a hole in the hull or it was missing the dashboard. Typical wear and tear issues with the 80s vintage boats, and a few questionable band aids.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Johnny = Saturday. He didn't even make an offer. Heading towards Reid's this weekend and hopefully coming back with a boat.

I doubt the guy who posted it on here will ever read these forums, but I still don't want to disclose much as it's not my business. Use your imagination. If the new owner isn't the "drop it off at the dealer" type, I'm sure we'll see him on here soon...

What was the problem with this boat.?

I note that the asking price has been reduced again.

He must really need to move it.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 4:07pm
haha, sorry Tim. Though it's no so much my reading comprehension that's the problem...moreso my lack of reading previous posts.. & look what happened, you corrected me & actually quoted the necessary post, so i didn't have to read the whole thread.
Thanks Tim!! hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 2:16pm
Nate, you really gotta work on your reading comprehension.

Johnny went and looked at it but passed. He didn't even make an offer.

I doubt the guy who posted it on here will ever read these forums, but I still don't want to disclose much as it's not my business. Use your imagination. If the new owner isn't the "drop it off at the dealer" type, I'm sure we'll see him on here soon.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 2:12pm
6k for that 87? has anyone looked at it in person? that's looking like my kinda deal..

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 1:54pm
Kurt
The seller emailed me to let me know that the sale didn't go through. Trust me, it's killing me not to jump. If I had a pole barn to store the boats, It would be much easier.
I've been working on another deal, to convert the Wrangler that we won into a Saturn Sky for my wife. That would help any boat purchases look better in her eyes.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 3:21pm
Steve, It was the one in Fenton. Also, the 87 was just updated today to 6000 obo. Apparently it did not sell, you might be able to take a look.

87 updated for $6000

Kurt
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 11:26am
Kurt

What 88 did he pick up? Was it the one in Fenton?

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2008 at 4:49pm
Larry,

He snatched up the 88 BFN in MI yesterday, I'd assume he'll post up some pictures and side story by the end of the weekend.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2008 at 4:30pm

Johnny = Saturday. He didn't even make an offer. Heading towards Reid's this weekend and hopefully coming back with a boat.

HW - did Johnny go for that BFN down in West End NC?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

IF they prefer to slalom instead of foot or wakeboard, it make sence to me. Else, I concur.

Tom, my Dad had a late 70's Ski Supream,a very fast boat by the way,but made very cheaply.I hope the newer ones were better

Gary, Im guessing you didnt know- but Tom owns a Supreme. If I remember correctly, its a '82.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 1:08pm

I couldn't keep oil in the lower unit so I junked it to keep someone else from polluting but regret not trying harder to fix it now.

Good luck on the hydro, I think you'll need more prop so you don't overrv.

[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem, and the rear shaft seal was nla put the motor in the shed for a couple years. Ended up having to make a bushing that would allow what I think was a 70's 18hp seal to work had the same seal diameter but a small outside diameter. I have had/do have a lot of small omc outboards but that is still favorite.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 11:45am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Great motor, I still have a 1957 18 evinrude in the basement, the exhaust being diverted to pressurize the tank gave it a very distinctive sound and it basically accelerates as fast as you can turn the handle. Going to build a little hydro for that motor one of these days.

I concur, it would really launch out of the hole hard, not like todays outboards that need time to buzz up.

Broke the front mount jumping wakes, was able to use a housing from a late 60's era machine.

I couldn't keep oil in the lower unit so I junked it to keep someone else from polluting but regret not trying harder to fix it now.

Good luck on the hydro, I think you'll need more prop so you don't overrv.

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 12:37am
Kurt

Johnny sent me a very complete email on the boat. Sounds like the boat would work for the right person, but I'll stick with my 85
Thanks for the offer of the info.

Saturday, July 19th. We have another show on a different lake on the 20th.
You and your brother are deff invited. Should be a good party after the show. I'll see if I can get Joed out also. No extra boats though. Damn lake rules not allowing inboards.
but I'm sneaking mine on.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 11:29pm

IF they prefer to slalom instead of foot or wakeboard, it make sence to me. Else, I concur.

Tom, my Dad had a late 70's Ski Supream,a very fast boat by the way,but made very cheaply.I hope the newer ones were better

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 10:43pm
tullfooter,

I was with Johnny on saturday, you want any info

hit me up at kurt.fleischmann at plboatclub.com

Kurt
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 7:13pm
Great motor, I still have a 1957 18 evinrude in the basement, the exhaust being diverted to pressurize the tank gave it a very distinctive sound and it basically accelerates as fast as you can turn the handle. Going to build a little hydro for that motor one of these days.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

In his listing he says he's going to sell the CC and keep his Ski Supreme.I can't imagine how bad it could be that you'd want to keep a Ski Supreme

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 5:57pm
heh, I had scraped the '1' off my 1957 red metal-flaked/finned Johnson 18 hp/14' alum then pick races with new 9.9 mercs on 12ft.
I'd stay even to play with then then give'm the go sign, then double my speed up to 29-30 mph or so.
good clean fun at 14 years old.

and if there's not a quote in here for hollywood, I don't know what does.

River Rat to Mole
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 4:13pm
Tull
All week end or just sat or sun? Let me know which. I'll come out even bring a boat with me if want.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:24am
I will be on July 19th.
We're doing a ski show on my lake. It's the only time inboards will be on the lake. I will drop the BFN in as a "pick up" boat, but also rip off a couple of barefoot runs.
Anyone near SE Michigan that weekend, the party is at my house.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:19am
i think different of you now, i think your the fastest boat on the lake lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:18am
I have a 16' Larson Flyer with a 90hp Johnson. When I bought the boat, we had a 60hp limit. Had our graphics company make new numbers. Did the same thing with the 85hp Force on my pontoon.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:14am
we use the old sticker trick on the 9.9 lakes, you run a 15 or 20 and use 9.9 stickers,
you could always put a mock up outboard on the back of a new CC and some 90 hp stickers
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:11am
Eric
If I lived on a lake that allowed inboards, there would be one parked out back. My lake has a 90hp outboard limit. My BFN is a trailer boat.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 11:56pm
tull, sell the jeep and put a downstroke on an 08,
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 11:43pm
Tried to buy it last week, but old mate didn't want to sell it to me when he found out I was from OZ. Don't know why

Interior was rough.

Oh well.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 10:34pm

I doubt the guy who posted it on here will ever read these forums, but I still don't want to disclose much as it's not my business. Use your imagination. If the new owner isn't the "drop it off at the dealer" type, I'm sure we'll see him on here soon...

In his listing he says he's going to sell the CC and keep his Ski Supreme.I can't imagine how bad it could be that you'd want to keep a Ski Supreme
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 10:32pm
Wood

Can you email me Johnny's feedback. I understand your respect for the seller and buyer.
If I wasn't so jammed this past weekend, I'd have taken the road trip.

Thanks, Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 8:53pm
what boat are you guys going to get from Reid's?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic