NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Florida CCFan Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Next Florida CCFan Reunion
    Posted: March-16-2008 at 3:44pm
I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but for the next CCFan Southeast Reunion, Mt. Dora, Florida is calling our name. Fans, it's the closest venue to being the the Green Lake of the South, and if it's possible, with the same ammenities. (Mojo, you should come on down and check it out). I've been there several times and was amazed. Just Google Mt.Dora and also the Dora Canal and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's history rich with a quaint, charming but eclectic downtown area, with ample restaurants and bars, just a block off the water. And a chain of lakes connected by the Dora Canal which is the epitome of cruising beauty rivaled by few. And for the ladies who may not want to spend the whole time boating, there are antique shops galore (sorry guys, but it may help your chances). As you may notice if you do a search, and as Pete is already aware, it's home to one of the best Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) shows out there. Nautique John, Matt and myself will be down there for that show with the 'Skiff at the end of this month. Jbear, Eddie and Mark, you need to meet us there Saturday, 3/29, for a reconnaissance mission. Mt Dora is about an hour north of Orlando.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 5:13pm
I have a work camp starting Sunday the 30th but if I can get away we will meet ya.

No Correct Craft Reunion means we gotta come up with something ourselves. Plenty of guys here in Florida and Georgia. Count in the boat dr and kytom plus your posse and now we are talking.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 5:59pm
Reid

About 25 years ago, I had a T-shirt that read "I climbed Mt. Dora" My grandparents lived in Eustas/Eumatilla (sp).

John,
I mentioned possibly heading your way, sometime during the week after Easter. Looks like I won't be able to make that trek. I'll be in St. Pete Friday through Monday, then in Sarasota (Longboat Key) until Sunday 3/30. Wednesday evening, 3/26, My wife and I are picking up my son and his buddy from Orlando, taking them back to Longboat. Kind of a crazy schedule.
Thanks for the invitation, It would be great to meet up with you and Eddie.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 7:49pm
Sounds as tho you are really gonna be on the move.

Maybe next time. Would love to meet ya and maybe ski. We've met so many great people from this site.

Drive safe. Lots of not so good drivers here and you are gonna be putting on some miles.

Don't know if you've ever been there but...we visited Longboat with my brother and his wife some years ago...its pretty cool. You'll get to see how the other half lives.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 11:05pm
jbear

My parents have had a condo at The Water Club on Longboat Key for about 10 years. For 20 years before that they had condos on Siesta Key. Siesta is much more fun. There is a show ski team on the north end of Longboat, the Ski-A-Rees. They let me run with them on a barefoot line at one of their practices, also pulled a bomber.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 11:18pm
Very cool. Bomber (grave jump?) in salt water. A friend of ours from our ski club had a condo on Siesta about 25 years ago...when guys like us could still afford them.

Have fun.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 10:50am
Reid,
Mt Dora looks great.. I'd like to learn more about the area once you scout it.. Look for sand bars and shot skis will ya hahaha..

It would be very cool to have a Fl reunion, especially when the weather up here sucks.... I still look at the pics of the St. George weekend you guys had....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 12:29pm
What time of the year are you figgerin'?

I'd plan to attend if Fall 08 or spring 09 reunion is in the works.

Us WI-IL boys could do one hell of a caravan.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

I'd plan to attend if Fall 08 or spring 09 reunion is in the works.

I like spring 09. Either would probably work for us, though I think the crowd would be bigger in the spring with so many up north buried in the snow!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 1:08pm
Would have to planned before boats go into winter storage for if they are like where mine is stored I can not get to it. It comes out Thurs of this wk and went in during the last wk of Oct.
Would be fun during the winter - would have to store at a different location. Could combine with a visit to my in-laws in Ft Myers, FL.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 1:38pm
Spring or fall 09' works for me.. This year is booked by my cruise director/wife.....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 1:56pm
I'm torn and indifferent as to the fall 08 or spring 09 issue. I can see a good time in the fall, as the northern boys may be seeking some relief by early November and needing a fix. But would any of these guys be able to get their boats out or even think about that and hauling in potentially bad weather, or just plan to drive or fly in. Or would the spring be better when everyone might be looking for a getaway and an early splash. How many snowbirds however, even then would actually think of hauling that far vs flying or driving boatless and then hoping in one of the other members' boats? Thinking more here right now, 2008 already seems to be filling up as Mojo mentioned above, and with two other reunions on the books already, Spring Bash 09 might be the best bet. This would give us all the most time to plan and clear schedules. But this is the Mark-Eddie-Jbear Affair, so I'll roll with whatever they think will work best.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 2:16pm
I would prefer spring, as the temps are coming up (I got the boat ready yesterday), but the lake is still iced over. We ski into November as is.

Dreaming... I wouldn't mind dropping the boat off Thanskgiving weekend at MM's house, and being able to fly in all winter!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Dreaming... I wouldn't mind dropping the boat off Thanskgiving weekend at MM's house, and being able to fly in all winter!

Stop dreaming and start planning. That's a great idea! You could even bring your boat as far south as Lake Norman in November and get in a few runs. Leave it here and we'll tow it to FLA with us when we head down and stash it at MM's or Jbear's lot. Check your email in a few minutes.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 2:43pm
Spring for sure guys... We're all chomping at the bit and have had enough with winter by then. Still months away from any real water fun....

Spring break time would be great for me as the kids are off. I think Raindog would agree as well. April time frame.. And yes, I would tow the boat and stay a week or so.. Probably have to tie it in with Disney, but what the hell...

Keep us informed if this is really something that can be put together..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 5:08pm
Moj, brother, you read my mind!

I want to drop my gaggle of girls off at WD World (I place I hope to never be forced to attend again) and do a CCF weekend. I'd even fly them down and I'll drive and trailer.

Do the same and we can carpool or caravan.
Montecristos in the Sequoia sounds good to me!

As for accessibility and storage, I think if we know ahead of time, arrangements can be made.

I'd vote for spring just because right now I got a bad itch that can't be scratched...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 5:16pm
I think we'd be in and early spring would be best for us. Probably hook up to the Bounder and maybe split some fuel cost with another couple or two.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 5:43pm
Cool Alan, I'll let the girls talk your ear off for a few hundred miles... I don't know what they have in their piggy banks, but it would be all yours .....

Steve, we can plan a few days where all the girls go to the park, while we booze it up with our buddys on the lake.. Oh and yes, bring the monte's hahaha...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Probably hook up to the Bounder and maybe split some fuel cost with another couple or two.

What would you charge for drafting?
Payment in draughting at the destination, perhaps?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 5:58pm
I'm with RainDog

Fly the family down, Guys caravan down with the boats. Spring '09 sounds good to me.
We head to FLA every spring. We stay at my moms for 4-5 days and are aways looking for something else to do for another 4-5 days.
Heading down in 4 days.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 11:29am
Spring sounds like fun. We northerners get pretty antsy about april. Sort of a Spring Break for pudgy, aging, balding,
middle-age-crazy men. We could even make a video "CCFanners Gone Wild" Wait....that's already been done.
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 1:49am
Reid,

any more thoughts on this mt. dora trip? i have never been to any other ccfan get-togethers, but seems this is as close to me as one will ever be.
bill
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 1:45pm
Bill,
Judging by the initial interest above, it looks to be a pretty sure bet. John, Eddie, Mark and myself, and how about you as well, can make plans to visit the area together before too long. My trip down there last month unfortunately fell thru at the last minute. Something not mentioned before, and maybe Keith can shed some light on it, but could we get access to the Correct Craft mailing list or some other source's list that would give us access to numerous other CC owners who may not visit here, and possible send out a mailer? Similar to how Correct Craft previously sent out reunion notices to owners. Or is that a bad idea? I also thought it could open up more owners to CCFan. Thoughts?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Or is that a bad idea? I also thought it could open up more owners to CCFan. Thoughts?

Whether or not it is a good idea is largely up to the organizers. If this is a volunteer effort, the larger the group means a much more time intensive effort by the volunteers.

If it is a profit generating event for Keith and the organizers are compensated accordingly, scaling up could provide better revenue.

Personally, I enjoy meeting folks that I'm familiar with through the forums. I prefer reunions over mass gatherings, however, I'd still attend as many as I could.

As far as a FLA reunion in spring 09, that would be high on my priority list.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 4:58pm

Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Or is that a bad idea? I also thought it could open up more owners to CCFan. Thoughts?

Whether or not it is a good idea is largely up to the organizers. If this is a volunteer effort, the larger the group means a much more time intensive effort by the volunteers.

If it is a profit generating event for Keith and the organizers are compensated accordingly, scaling up could provide better revenue.

Personally, I enjoy meeting folks that I'm familiar with through the forums. I prefer reunions over mass gatherings, however, I'd still attend as many as I could.

Keep it a mini reunion.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 5:55pm

Same here. REALLY high.

Rob
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:13pm
Either way sounds good to me. I have not met any of you before and therefore would probably benifit more from a CCFan reunion over a Correct Craft reunion, but that is just me being selfish and wanting to be able to get to know everyone. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I am in Jacksonville, but am not opposed to weekend adventures to new lakes and rivers further south.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:59pm
Maybe keep it an unoffical ccfan event the first year, gage interest, scout out locales, and whatnot with the eye to a possible expanded offical ccfan event in later years if it seems a good fit and brother Keith wants to take it on.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:59pm
I agree with keeping it more of a CCFan reunion. Opening it up to all CC owners could be an organizational nightmare. Then getting to meet and know fellow CCFers is much more fun. It would be interesting to find out what kind of turnout we really get for something like this. Reid, let me know when you plan on being in the Mt. Dora area and as long as I don't have anything else scheduled, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you to look things over. I would love to help out with this thing.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Maybe keep it an unoffical ccfan event the first year, gage interest, scout out locales, and whatnot with the eye to a possible expanded offical ccfan event in later years if it seems a good fit and brother Keith wants to take it on.

I agree Joe. It was our intention just to get a few guys from the midwest to Green Lake a few years back. Now we sign wavers, and have a financial and organizational program..

Just start by throwing a date out there, who makes it, makes it. Then go from there.. I think the draw would be great seeing as there's many lakes, nice weather, etc etc. many of us would love the escape from the cold and come down if the timing of the event is right...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic