NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swim Platform Bracket Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swim Platform Bracket Numbers
    Posted: January-03-2006 at 10:46am
This sort of goes with my thread on swim platform dimensions but concerns the brackets.

I have been in contact with alloy marine to have some removable brackets made for my '78 SN.

In order to make them, they need the Rise angle, swing angle and the length of the bracket. Does anyone have these numbers? I might be able to figure these out myself but how do you level the boat on a trailer? Where should I place the level?

I thought Alloy might have these numbers but I guess they don't.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2006 at 10:54am
Mark,

I will try to get the dimensions and photos for you tonight. How much is a set of brackets going to cost you? I have an 81 and I have to remove the platform to get it in the garage for the winter. I am interested in a set of these if they're not too pricey.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2006 at 11:27am
They're $99.50 a side so, $199 for the set.
1978 Nautique

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 8:40am
90 degrees should work on a '78? Standard length?
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 11:00am
90 might be the rise angle, what about the swing angle? And standard length is? This would be easier if my boat came with this stuff on it but I'm starting from scratch.
1978 Nautique

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 11:42am
I started from scratch as well. Just ordered the 90 degree/0 degree brackets. I am guessing the length is somewhere between 12 and 18 inches. Either of which is fine. If you know what your platform dimensions are, then just make sure the bracket fits underneath.

The transom of the late seventies CC is fairly vertical and flat. I had no issues at all.

Here is a picture of mine (bottom photo). Incidentally, my '93 factory bracket is Marine Alloy. my boat
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 12:22pm
Thanks David. I am not sure of the dimensions of the platform yet. Alan is going to get me those measurements. I am going to build the platform from those.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 1:32pm
Mark,

Bear with me for a day or so and I'll get you all the dimensions you need. I got home a little too late from work yesterday, try again tonight.

Alan

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 1:46pm
Tonight is the national championship bowl game. I'm bettin' tomorrow night   BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 2:04pm
No problem Alan. I have plenty of time.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 7:44pm
BKH, That's why I have a TV in the workshop

Here you go mark, let me know if I missed anything.

forgot to put it on the drawing but the width of the platform at the transom is 53.75"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 7:51pm
81; Nice swim plat. Did ya build it yourself?

Mark; I see by the post that Alan sent all that ya need. Sorry I di not get to the boat like I said I would on Sunday. Unexpected company.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 8:28pm
Alan, thanks a ton. I really appreciate your help, this will really help me make this thing without guessing. It's people like you that make this site great.

If you're ever in CT let me know and I'll give you a pull.

Mark
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 6:01am
[QUOTE=jbear] 81; Nice swim plat. Did ya build it yourself?
QUOTE]

Thanks John,It's original to the boat, When I took it off to squeeze the boat in the garage for the winter I spent a few hours sanding and cleaning. I use Maguirs Gold Teak oil, that's where that nice color comes from.

Mark, Your welcome, I figure the more I help the more I'll get back when I need it. Gonna pass on those brackets, I'm saving up for a new Acme prop this spring.

Bkh, Good game til I fell asleep in the fourth quarter.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 11:21am
I want to get one of those Acme 540's as well. The brackets are an xmas gift, I'm going to try and work the prop as a bithday gift.

Thanks again.
1978 Nautique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 12:05pm
Now Alan, if you hadn't used up so much energy taking those measurements, you might not have slept through the best part of the game.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 1:00pm
I just looked and my pictures are still here. You may want to take a glance at the thread.

my 76 tique

One interesting thing to note is the degrees.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 2:21pm
Pswann,
Is it possible your Tique transom is slightly different than a Nautique? Looking at my second photo it looks like 90 Degrees to me and my platform sits properly at rest in the water. There must be a difference in the two boats.

BKH, I may have to start taking your advice, sounds like I did miss the best part, last thing I remember USC was up by 7?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 7:24pm
81; I gotta get some of that MaGuirs altho I bet there is alot more on your plat (ie: hard work) than just that Gold stuff.

BKH; agreed, what an awesome game. I gotta get up at 4:30am but I stayed up anyhow. I never have been able to figure this out but if your time is different than mine and they are playing it "live" how can we see it at the same time?. Boy there is alot of hard things to figure in life.

jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2006 at 11:03am
I think pswann's transom might be different. His looks to have much more curve to it.

Here's mine;

It looks much flatter than the tique, no?
1978 Nautique

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 11:42am
Thanks to Alan's mesurements. I have begun construction of my swim platform. I used some 3/4" ipe that I had left over from my deck and some stainless steel screws. For glue I used a gorilla type polyurathane adhesive. I need to trim the sides to the bottom cross pieces with a router, cut the front curve and then scribe the back to the transom. It only took around 6 hrs to get to this point. More pictures once I am finished.

1978 Nautique

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 3:01pm
Serious progress Mark.. Looks great !!! Mark me down for one !!! My platform has seen better days....

Moj'
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 3:13pm
Thanks.

I would like to make them to sell. However, I don't think it would be worthwhile. I'd have to sell it for $500+ and I don't think many would want to pay that. I didn't, that's why I made my own.

I was going to use the space between the slats to form the nautique "N". Using blocks of wood instead of the center spacer blocks, I would have the N formed. But, I just wanted to get it done.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 5:15pm
Hey Mark,

Glad that all worked out for ya.

Alan
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 5:58pm
Yeah, no one needs the headache if someone doesn't like your work... I just need to take a sandblaster to mine it's so grey hahahaha...

Moj'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic