Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted, Old Style Nautique decal files

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted, Old Style Nautique decal files
    Posted: April-25-2007 at 9:16am
As my subject indicates I'm looking for the original "old" style decals for the side of the Ski Nautique.

The old ones with the long arrow shaped stripe under the "Ski Nautique" (notice the capital and lower letters).

If someone has the vector files or possible a high res image of the side + stern and would be willing to email them to me I would be a very happy man.

This is the style I'm looking for: Old tyle decals

Br

Johan Falkman, Sweden
Ski Nautique 1975!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 1:42pm
To create these files, we need someone to take some good straight-on photos of them for both the port and starboard sides. From these photos, the vector files can be created.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 6:04pm
If someone ever does create the vector files I would love to get a copy of them

DB
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 2:53am
I can sure create them IF i get hold of some high res "straight on" pictures!. It's kinda hard to get them here i Sweden cause not many Nautiques around.

Please, someone got any pics??
Ski Nautique 1975!
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 3:18pm
What type of format would the vector file need to be in? Illustrator?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 3:34pm
I believe "vector" is the type of file. Going from memory, .ai and .eps are vectors. I think Illustrator uses the .ai extension.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 4:43pm
Adobe Illustrator uses vector, Adobe Photoshop uses bitmap.
Tim D
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 3:15am
Yes,

I can create Vector files from a decent high res (3mp, 5mp?) close up photo of a "decal" by tracing the photo.

I.e in illustrator tracing the photo and creating a .eps (vector) file. This vector file can then be resized to whatever size you want without loosing any detail.

So please, any photos out there????. The ones in the Diaries are to small/to low res.
Ski Nautique 1975!
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 12:12pm
I can try to get some pictures tonight. Where do you want me to email them.   Also, on my graphics their is a gradience from black to blue around the lettering. Would this be lost if your doing it in illustrator?
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 5:47pm
I can try to retain the gradience if you like to. Please email them to correctcraft@featured.se and I'll try to fix the files this weekend.
Ski Nautique 1975!
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 5:49pm
I had my girlfriend take some pictures but they are not usable. I did however manage to create a vector file from one of them.   Whoever wants to use/edit it is welcome to it.   Here is a link
link

Ill get some better pictures later.

db
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2007 at 3:31am
Great work on the rear vector file!!

Yea, need some more straight on for the side decals. Keep up the good work!
Ski Nautique 1975!
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2007 at 12:54pm
Anybody else that got some high rez photos?

It doesn't have to be 5,6 or 10mp. 2-3 mp is good enough.. or the right straight on 1mp prob does it aswell. Any?
Ski Nautique 1975!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2007 at 8:46pm
trying to take a picture to create the vector files will not create the proper vector files needed as it will not and can not account for the compound curvature of the hull and when you apply them it will look funny and be disportional.

Mask them off and paint them back on like they did orginally.

The transom graphic's have all ready been done contact the shop that created them and order it in the color you need.

Use the search option for this site to locate the thread that contains the info you need.
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 1:03am
I disagree. the vector files can be created properly if the pictures are taken from the same distance and proper angle. Which makes this really hard to do. If someone wants to take the time to get the pictures accurately than i think it is possible. Also, the chances of the vector file being 100% accurate to the original graphics are probably going to be pretty slim but close enough that most people wouldnt be able to tell a difference.

Sorry i havent gotten anymore pictures   I have been busy and kind of lazy.

db
falkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 4:06am
Thanks dborrelli,

I'm just trying to get help, and dborrelli did a great job on the rear graphics.

The issue for me is:

1. I dont have any graphics on my hull
2. The shop (who has the files) I have found will not give away the files for free.
3. I'll try to spray the graphics on rather than ordering new vinyl graphics for about + $400 here i Sweden.

So I'm just looking for the files or a photo. The chance to get them here i Sweden (north) are slim..

And about the problem with the "bent" hull. This is no problem since it's quite easy to fix this distortion in programs like photoshop etc etc..
Ski Nautique 1975!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 9:50am
Originally posted by dborrelli dborrelli wrote:

I disagree. the vector files can be created properly if the pictures are taken from the same distance and proper angle. Which makes this really hard to do. If someone wants to take the time to get the pictures accurately than i think it is possible.
db

wrong you have no clue what properly projected lines on compound surfaces react and truly look like once projected upon the compound surface.

So once you take the picture create nice straight lines with all of the letters at the same height, then you transfer them to the hull and stand back and look,

what the f**k why does it look like the lettering is tappered and getting small and closer together the further it goes towards the bow, they where right before I transfer them? Huummm, what's up with that? dumb ass
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 10:35am
I feel that 79 is correct!!! Even the simple transom graphics I had made for my Tique had a dramatic curvature to them in the flat so they would come out in a straight line on the curved surface of the transom. When Kieth gets a chance to add the eps file into our ref section, you will be able to take a look at what I mean.

Kieth, You did get the email with the file didn't you? If not, I'll resend it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 11:05am
I got the eps files and will have them up in the Reference section shortly.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 1:14pm
Easy killer I didnt mean for you to take that personally. I have had some experience in this before. It is possible to do.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by dborrelli dborrelli wrote:

Easy killer I didnt mean for you to take that personally. I have had some experience in this before. It is possible to do.

ya with a special camera it can be done correctly but not the bullsh*t way talked about with a run of the mill camera, you have to have one that can map in 3-D. You can do what you want and it may look fine to you but don't be upset when someone else say's it looks like sh*t and isn't proportional.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic