NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Correct Crafts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Correct Crafts
    Posted: April-17-2007 at 9:01pm
I've been seeing this boat boat spring and fall in a Kennebunkport boat yard for the past few years. I don't believe it's for sale, but it is the type of boat I am interested in. It appears pretty original, probably a 64-66. From the green on the underwater gear, I would guess it's seen salt water. The entire hull has spider cracks, but for the right price I could live with them. Are the spider cracks typical for the age, or are they much worse than average?
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/88Skier/KportCC2.jpg
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:52pm
I'd say right thats typical and yes it is worse also.And probably still useable.

Munday
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:59pm
I'm by no means an expert,but this is the first one of this vintage that I've seen with those,is that below the waterline?
My 68 before I got it, was always left in and has no cracks or blisters,but the 64 I used had cracks in the deck you could stick a dime in. Just so you know thats an Correct Craft trailer of the same vintage.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 6:52am
Entire hull, from the shear rail down. You got to look close. From about 5 feet back, the boat looks great.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 3:15pm
This is not a Correct Craft, but some people on this site like classic stuff, so I thought I would post some pics. I'd appreciate any info anyone has. I believe it's a Manta Ray Cat, and was a hot boat in its day. It needs a total restore, but if I could pick it up for the right price, I'd be interested. Anyone ever see one?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 3:27pm
yep, it's a manta ray cat. Don't ask me why I know that.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 3:31pm
Alan and Riley,

If those caught your eye, I'm sure you must be familiar with the fiberglassics web site. If not, check it out. Great site, lots of old goofy original fiberglass boats on it. It features one collector, name escapes me, who has made it his avocation to collect collectable old fiberglass. He has some real beauties.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 5:00pm
Larry, That would have to be Kevin Mueller. He has quite a collection. I see him at some of the ACBS shows I go to, He always puts kevFIN on his name tag and his email address is lotsatailfins!!

I think he runs the site now. Yes, anyone who hasen't looked at the site should take a few minutes. It's real interesting

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 5:17pm
Pete, would you buy that boat for $100 or so? The windshield is inside it. It's full of water. Does it look to far gone?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 5:59pm
Riley, They have become collectables lately. Just like wood boats there are fewer and fewer. They do clean up and with a paint job are unique. With the trailer you probably can't go wrong for $100 if you have a place for it.

You would also need a outboard to go with it. How about a period correct Merc in line 6 cylinder! They were about 4' tall but remember they were hot. I also remember they didn't have a gear box. You would turn off the engine and then start it in reverse!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 10:04pm
Larry: Love that site and visit there from time to time. When I am not on here that is!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2007 at 10:08pm
I just took a look at that site myself, its way cool!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2007 at 8:13am
Pete,

I meet Kevin at a Lake Geneva Classic boat show a few years ago, he brought 4-5 old bug eyed classics with him and a scrap book the size of war and peace of all his toys. The guy loves those old things and does a beautiful job putting them back together.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2007 at 10:19am
Unfortunately it would appear that the Belfry section, where Kevin's collection is featured, is
down right now. But I did find this in the "glassified" section for only $1500, even has the
9-foot tall inline merc...always liked those. Real popular when I was a kid. May be a better
deal than the one above...but I agree, the one above would be a fun project with a little neater
end product.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2007 at 10:43am
That exact same boat, except with a 1958 50 hp Johnson was the boat I learned to ski on. We had it until 1970, when we got our 67 Barracuda.

Our's was a 1960 Cutter. As much as I love old stuff, one was enough.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 2:19am
Heres a few that never move..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic