Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Trailer Options?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tcpatton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcpatton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Trailer Options?
    Posted: February-25-2007 at 9:29am
I need to replace my rusted out trailer and it seems the only option I've found for a SN is to get a Ram-Lin through the Nautique dealer... very expensive. I live in eastern NC. Are there any other options? Are there other companies out there that make trailers for Nautiques cheaper?

I would consider a used trailer too, but my searches aren't coming up with anything either.

Chris
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 9:37am
Why don't you just freshen up yours, new bearings, tires some paint, bunk carpets, maybe a new set of lights.

If you have to buy one then check some of the local inboard dealers and see what they have laying around. When we where over at southwest CC last week-end they had two or three sitting empty that would have worked. You will still want to go through them and check the bearings and such.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 1:10pm
I replaced the junky shoreland'r mine came on last summer. I ended up with a Trailmaster. They're made down the street from me, and I was able to do a plant tour. I absolutely love it. Pulls like a dream, and under $3000 fully loaded with options (tandem, swing tongue, LED lights, chrome wheels, matching spare, etc, etc). Made my boat look 1000 times better. You can see it in my signature link, as well as the old Shoreland'r.

www.trailmastertrailers.com

Hope this helps.

Rob
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 1:26pm
Rob, Very sharp looking rig. That seems like a great price for such a nice trailer with all those options.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 6:49pm
i too im debating weather to fix existing trailer buy a new one used one ........dam nthings are pricey for what they are
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 7:04pm
Ryan, i would spend the money fixing yours up, i think it would be cheaper
"the things you own will start to own you"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 8:45pm
ill price out 2 fenders, somewhere to have it sand blasted and new lights etc...see what the price difference will be...figure sandblasting new paint carpet lights wood gotta cost some loot...whats a new trailer go for?..2500 ish??/
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 11:11am
I just had my trailer sandblasted and primed at the same place for $275, Then we painted and put new rub rails, led's, guides, fenders, jack some decals and new bearings. I did all the work myself and I spent about $1,000. It turned out great! I have a Happy boat now! I got all of my parts on ebay.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:41pm
thats me...got more info on where you got new fenders etc..much cheaper than a new one.looks great from the pics
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 6:33pm
ryanandrews

One can get all kinds of tools and trailer parts at www.NorthernTool.com or a store like Tractor Supply

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 12:24pm
ryanandrews

I got all of it on ebay and These are the fenders that I got and they look really good when they are painted! They are only $55 but you pay $50 for shipping but you cant get them any cheaper anywhere that I could find. I got everything off of ebay all the way down to the decals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-14-GA-TREAD-PLATE-STEEL-TRAILER-FENDERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50071QQihZ002QQitemZ4619781954QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Brad
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 5:59pm
I've had very good luck with dealing with etrailer.com

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic