Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SAN Teak Platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gymboarder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gymboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SAN Teak Platform
    Posted: February-01-2006 at 12:20pm
I have for sale a teak platform from a SAN. The platfomr is in excellent condition. Looking to get $150.00 plus shipping. I no longer need one because I purchased the correct one for my boat. I believe this one will fit any anutique. Measurements are 61" in lenght and 18" wide. Please email me for pictures.
roddbod1@yahoo.com
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 12:31pm
What is a SAN, where would you be shipping it from, and does it include brackets?
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 12:39pm
SAN = super air nautique

1999 model and up

air nautique with the super sport seating arrangement
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 1:11pm
Over on planetnautique, he said he was keeping the brackets.

Just a subtle difference to what 79 said, the
SAN is the wakeboard version of the Super Sport Nautique, a 21 foot V-Drive. The Super Air Version features a wakeboard tower, built in ballast, and air graphics. I have a 2001 SAN.
If you click on my signature link below, you'll see a photo. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gymboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 7:51pm
I am in CA. Like BKH said I need to keep the mounting brackets because I am mounting another platform.
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4813
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 8:35pm
Could You send me pictures of the platform. I think it would have to be reshaped to fit my 1970 Torino. My email is in my profile.

Thanks Scott
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 8:53pm
Scott, FYI, gymboarder has pictures at the URL he provided in the above post. BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 11:02am
Sorry..I got to the planetnautique page, but I just can't find the pictures.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 11:09am
Bkh
Thanks.. I figured it out. I remembered my wife telling me about "copy and paste"
Scott
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2006 at 8:58am
Is this still for sale? Any idea what the shipping would be to Indiana?
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2006 at 7:28pm
I have already offered the asking price. I am just waiting to hear on shipping cost. He told me he would get back to me on this coming Tuesday.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 6:56am
Rod
Are you going to leave me hanging here?
Scott

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gymboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 11:36am
Scott,
I have been a little busy with work. If your going to be this impatient then maybe I shouldnt sell it to you.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 4:06pm
Rod,

On the contrary, I am very patient. It's just you told me you would definitely get back to me Tuesday and when you didnt respond to my emails, I figured you sold it to someone else. I really just wanted to know what was going on.
Scott
woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 7:56pm
I'm a new 79 nautique owner (2-10-06) and a woodworker. I'm thinking of reproducing exact swim platform replicas for any model. My only delema is where to find teak resonable. It will cost approx $150 in supplies plus labor. Any thoughts.
Lake Livin' Rocks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 10:59pm
Hey Woodboy, welcome.

Don't know where to buy the Teak, but there was a discussion on here previously. They also discussed IPE??? some king of Brazilian hardwood. I suspect if you do a search on teak and IPE you'll find the thread. BKH
Livin' the Dream

woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 10:41pm
bkhallpass

The IPE they refered to was also called "Iron wood". This grows as a native in the Midwest. Not sure if it is the same but it too does not float due to its density. I have a few Ironwood trees in my yard in northern Indiana although none large enough to harvest I read a post that was discussing the inability to obtain original parts and wondering if there is a market for reproduction wood items that are original not oak or IPE etc. Do you think this would be well received by the CC owning community?
Lake Livin' Rocks
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 6:31am
Woodboy,

FWIW, I think what you probably have up north here is American Hornbeam. Not to be confused with another great american "Jim Beam". It is north america's "ironwood". IPE "ee-pay" is grown in south america on managed forests and is replacing Teak as the wood of choice for outdoor use because it is renewable and has even better resistance to rot and insects.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 11:45am
Woodboy,
From what I've read, there is always someone looking to add, replace or reconfigure their platforms. You probably aren't going to be rich off it, but you would certainly help the many whom don't want to tackle the job of making one, and make a few bucks in the meantime..... Now if you could make the Removable brackets from Alloy Marine for less than one's left arm per pair, that would be something.....
woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 11:48am
   Mojoman,
I agree I referbished one bracket on my newly aquired 79 that had missing rivots. They dont look difficult to fab. However, tooling would be expensive to create them from flat stock. Sorry Mojoman I just realized you are refering to platform brackets I was refering to seat brackets I'll let you know as soon as I learn how to weld buy a plasma cutter etc etc and build a legit machine shop
Lake Livin' Rocks
ncboarder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2006 at 12:55pm
Do You still have the platform i need one bad please email me at mleeharrington@hotmail.com

Thanks
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 3:19pm
Can someone post a pic of the platform brackets that cost an arm and a leg? A buddy of mine has a machine shop and is looking for good product ideas.

THANKS!
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2006 at 4:17pm
Here is a picture of the platform backets off my old 81SN.
Scott
Our 94 SN
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2006 at 6:29pm
Here's the website with pics. I'll be ordering a pair soon @ $99.00 a piece. Unless, your friend makes something sooner. ;)

http://www.alloymarine.com/qrs.shtml
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2006 at 8:09pm
So, it's $99 each for the brackets with the quick release. I'll check with my buddy. How much are the regular brackets?
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
76 tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2006 at 11:41pm
WHAT ARE THE BRACKETS MADE OF SS OR ALUM.
mbrash1071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrash1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 10:15pm
Do you still have the plat form? please e-mail a pic to mbrash1071@aol.com
mike B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic