NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. Mapple

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. Mapple
    Posted: October-28-2008 at 4:21pm
Funny how the company "Correct Craft" has reduced to small print......

Nautiques alliance with Mapple

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 5:13pm
Too bad Keith closed the thread on the questions to Bill Yeargin. It would be a good question asking if he works for a boat or a corporation.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 5:32pm
They've been selling nautiques for a while guys, Correct Craft has been in the background for quite a few years. They're selling a brand not a company, do you know who makes Kleenex? Not without Googling it I bet.

Mr Yeargin works for a corporation. We touched on this topic over beers last week and in my eyes Correct Craft as we know it is history. Buy the reference book when it comes out and put it next to the Criss Craft one. All Correct Craft has left is what Keith has put together right here, thankfully he didn't name the site Planet Correct Craft.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 5:49pm
You beat me to the exact same thought Alan, I was wasting my time compiling a list.

Tide, Bounce, Downy, Dawn, Crest... all Proctor and Gamble

Band Aids, Tylenol... Johnson and Johson

Scotch Tape.....3M

Its all marketing.

Alan, did you notice a year or two ago, when Keith was working to get some recognition this became the "definitive site for Correct Craft enthusiasts and Nautique Owners.

Its all marketing and the way the world works. Hard on us traditionalists but I think I'll survive.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Alan, did you notice a year or two, when Keith was working to get some recognition this became the "definitive site for Correct Craft enthusiasts and Nautique Owners.

I never noticed that. It sure does make sense though since there are people out there probably looking for the NOA.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:00pm
You got to wonder if it has actually helped them or hurt them. I can't think of another boat company that has done that.

I never noticed Keith's change either. Good idea on his part.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:02pm
Swiped from PN.

Originally posted by Jeff Carroll Jeff Carroll wrote:

Does Correct Craft plan to begin publishing the Nautique News magazine again? Does Correct Craft plan to bring back the Nautique Owners Association?

Originally posted by Bill Yeargin Bill Yeargin wrote:

As part of our new marketing plan we do want to do a better job communicating with our customers and prospects and you will see something new in this area very soon. I doubt we will publish an actual printed document but we would like to do more electronically.

We are considering some ideas related to the Nautique Owners Association (NOA) in our new marketing plan. No promises yet but we are thinking about what we can do in this area.

Edit: I agree with Riley, very slick move on Keith's part.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:11pm
Hey Guys,
Yes, the official status is the company is Correct Craft but the brand, i.e. boats, are Nautique. Everyone at corporate works for Correct Craft (i.e the have xyz@correctcraft.com email addresses) but the make Nautique boats. They are trying to make it less confusing for the consumer. Some people in the market place think CC and Nautique are competitive brands.

I wondered if anyone would notice the "... and Nautique Owners".

Another interesting fact that many don't know ... nautiqueowner.com and nautiqueowners.com point to CorrectCraftFan.com.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:17pm
Bottom line to me is for the general public Nautique is the name they know. I am sure everyone of us "correctcraft" owner's has more than once needed to describe the company as the company that makes ski nautiques. They would be fools to forego that name recognition on any of thier products, publicity, or advertising at this point. This decision was effectively made back in the eighties when everything not directly called a nautique or ending in que was renamed or removed. Would I be a fan of them adding a couple correctcraft branded inboard sport boats to the lineup at some point, sure would, will it ever happen probably not, and if it did would be another 20 years before they would be old enough for me to buy them anyway...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:22pm
I guess they did it when they decided to limit their line to competative boats only. They really haven't made any sport boats since.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

They've been selling nautiques for a while guys, Correct Craft has been in the background for quite a few years. They're selling a brand not a company, do you know who makes Kleenex? Not without Googling it I bet.

Mr Yeargin works for a corporation. We touched on this topic over beers last week and in my eyes Correct Craft as we know it is history. Buy the reference book when it comes out and put it next to the Criss Craft one. All Correct Craft has left is what Keith has put together right here, thankfully he didn't name the site Planet Correct Craft.

Yes of course it's branding at it's finest.. Oh, Chis Craft is still making boats.. I guess that name is to powerful and historic to change though...
It's to easy to market "Nautiques"... There arn't any individual model names. Everything is a "Nautique".. All make sense, except that JDPowers & Assoc. hasn't figured out to put "Nautiques" on the face of the awards,,, hahaha..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Oh, Chis Craft is still making boats..

Moj'

I'm well aware of that but they're not the same company that they were after they were sold either.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 7:55pm

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Oh, Chis Craft is still making boats..

Moj'

I'm well aware of that but they're not the same company that they were after they were sold either.

Same with Century. Center console fishing boats now. Same logo, though.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 9:01pm
I'm always looking for Correct Craft branded gear, since I don't own a Nautique anything.

Yet.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 1:26am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

I'm always looking for Correct Craft branded gear, since I don't own a Nautique anything.

Me neither...probably never will...

Correct Craft...what a name..just sounded right....sounded Correct.

I must be getting old..why does everything have to be changed to be "marketed"?

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 1:57am
When someone asks what kind of boat I have, if I answer Correct Craft they just stare at me. I almost always have to say, "Nautique." I say CC anyway, but I can see why CC would play the name game.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 2:00am
btw, Ike hit me the weekend of the Lake George reunion. Who got the Orange?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 2:09am
Wow musta hit you hard...there has been like twenty threads about that weekend plus pictures.

Anyhow...ReidP got the Orange 409.

Did you get much damage? I do remember Mrs. Dude putting on a post that you stayed home for all the excitment.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 8:37am

They've been selling nautiques for a while guys, Correct Craft has been in the background for quite a few years.   

We touched on this topic over beers last week and in my eyes Correct Craft as we know it is history.

I concured with this the other evening and was just just doing some "older group venting"!!

Yes, it all comes down to marketing and what brings in the $$!! I wonder what the marketing guys are up to now with the CC plant down to 1/2 weeks? Bring out the old molds for a broader product line?? Maybe a up graded crossover Fish Nautique - Dual purpose fishing and boarding boat? No need for a tower - just beef up the tuna tower!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 9:50am
Enzo Ferrari said - something like we don't race to sell cars. We sell cars so we can race. Worked out pretty well don't you think?
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 11:38am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

They've been selling nautiques for a while guys, Correct Craft has been in the background for quite a few years.   

We touched on this topic over beers last week and in my eyes Correct Craft as we know it is history.

I concured with this the other evening and was just just doing some "older group venting"!!

Yes, it all comes down to marketing and what brings in the $$!! I wonder what the marketing guys are up to now with the CC plant down to 1/2 weeks? Bring out the old molds for a broader product line?? Maybe a up graded crossover Fish Nautique - Dual purpose fishing and boarding boat? No need for a tower - just beef up the tuna tower!!

My tone may have sounded like I was getting after you and Mojo but I was not. Whats happening at CC are just a sign of the times, I would not want to be running the show over there right now.

As for the marketing people, did you know that PN tried to start up a "reunion" this summer? It fell flat on it's face for a number of reasons but what a missed opportunity for CC to connect with their core market. As far as I know no one from corp stepped up to get involved.

CC seems to leave that grass roots contact with their customers at the dealer level but from past experience the dealers just aren't going to do it, it's expensive and time consuming for them. I would bet that 95% of boat dealers marketing budgets go to their websites and to attend boat shows. A select few get involved in local events but dropping a boat at an event with a sign with their phone number on it doesn't cut it for me. Support your customers and they will support you.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Enzo Ferrari said - something like we don't race to sell cars. We sell cars so we can race. Worked out pretty well don't you think?

Well Put, I thought it was just awesome when Ken Maloon put on his trick ski at Green lake this year and took a run. Not sure if that ideology is still in place or not.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 12:30pm

CC seems to leave that grass roots contact with their customers at the dealer level but from past experience the dealers just aren't going to do it, it's expensive and time consuming for them. I would bet that 95% of boat dealers marketing budgets go to their websites and to attend boat shows. A select few get involved in local events but dropping a boat at an event with a sign with their phone number on it doesn't cut it for me. Support your customers and they will support you.

All the more reason to appreciate what a great job Adirondack Marine did stepping up to support the LG gathering this summer. They really added to the experience and did a lot for Keith.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

All the more reason to appreciate what a great job Adirondack Marine did stepping up to support the LG gathering this summer. They really added to the experience and did a lot for Keith.

Absolutely, In editing my post I inadevertently dropped out a comment specific to the 2 dealers that help Keith out, they are certainly the exception to the rule.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic