NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tim’s Tique Refurb

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tim’s Tique Refurb
    Posted: October-21-2008 at 8:03pm
Hey Tim,
Congrats on the 78' refurb. Tim's 78' She was a wreck when you first got it. Looks bullet-proof now.. Good luck with the sale.. It'll give someone years of enjoyment !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 11:45pm
I'll second that! Looks great Tim! We expect nothing less

Great job with it!

-Brad
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 7:30am
I'll say it looks great too. Love the blue. Now Tim and I have twin boats!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 10:28am
I would have to agree, the tique looks great now!! Hope to have mine looking as good as yours and Pete's one of these days/years!! Honey do's and house projects may put it off for a winter.

Best of luck with finding her a good home.

Kenny
Kenny <>{
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 11:28am
Nice work Tim, the upholstery work looks awesome as does everything else.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 12:58pm
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

It was a fun project, but its time to turn my sights to another one. I assume it wont be going anywhere until spring, but thought I would put a feeler out there just in case. Ill be winterizing it this weekend.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 1:03pm
Timmy, the only man on this site who has completed more Rehabs then Britney Spears!!

Great Job Dude!!!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 1:06pm
    Looks really nice Tim.Wouldn't it be nice if you had the room to keep 'em all! Great job.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 12:14am
All I can say is wow!

Of course it is what we would've expected.

Nice job Tim!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 12:50pm
Great job on the refurb Tim.
Another excellent example of how a bit of effort, funds, and caring can bring these great boats back to life.
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Looks really nice Tim.Wouldn't it be nice if you had the room to keep 'em all! Great job.

Reid may have room !!!! Reid always has room for one more
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 3:21pm
Tim,
Just a top job as usual! Great work!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 3:43pm
Tim - I need to repaint the blue stripe on my '76 Southwind. It almost looks like it has an airbrushed finish in the spots that haven't faded. Did you airbrush yours or paint it "solid" blue. What color did you use? Safety Blue? Looks great!
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 3:54pm
My only thing I'm not a fan of is the fact that it doesn't have that same exhaust that your Nautique has....whenever you do something, I've come to hope for that because it was so kickass.

but all in all...not too shabby Tim ;) Well done man, it looks awesome!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by kman kman wrote:

Tim - I need to repaint the blue stripe on my '76 Southwind. It almost looks like it has an airbrushed finish in the spots that haven't faded. Did you airbrush yours or paint it "solid" blue. What color did you use? Safety Blue? Looks great!

My stripes are airbrushed. It was repainted like this by a PO, looks pretty good. I have never been sure if it was just his personal touch or if they came from the factory like this. Based on your question, kman, I guess this must mimick a factory stripe, although other Tiques I have seen just have solid stripes.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 4:37pm
Larry,
Love the trailer decal! Very nice.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 5:13pm
kman, I actually havent touched the Ski Tique graphics- they had been repainted before I bought the boat. They dont look *too* bad, but a few spots could use some touch up. If I were to keep the boat long term, Id probably repaint them slightly darker to match the vents and carpet. In the few spots that need touch-up, the original paint is still visible- it was a lighter blue with a black airbrushed border. Larry's repaint is similar, but has the extra pinstripe around the whole thing.

Nate, the stock exhaust on these older boats is pretty badass- no need to meddle with it!

Thanks again to all for the kind comments. I hope to find it a good home. If anyone has any interest (or know someone else who does) please contact me!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

...it doesn't have that same exhaust that your Nautique has....Nate

Nate - And to think that Tim is going to f79k up the 90's note with mufflers. Joe too. Mebbie you youngins jus need more unprotected Punk/Metal concerts so the boats don't seem too loud.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 9:28pm
Tim - My wife says I can't have more than 1 boat - otherwise I'd be calling you to work a deal!

It looks Class 'A' all the way!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:11pm
Tim,

Very nice refurb. just as i thought it would be with you doing it!!

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:39pm
Nice job Tim. Your going to need more friends and family to get all your boats to the reunions.

Are you putting mufflers on the '90? They may take a little of the bite out, but I can't believe that they make anything that will tame that engine.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:53pm
Thanks again guys!

Bruce, I am planning on putting some new mufflers on the '90- I might add an H-pipe at the same time, just for kicks.

Not to worry Steve, neither of the Skiers will be getting mufflers!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 2:16pm
Yep Steve is out there searching out a late model super air to pull the family around on, and yet me and Tim are accused of crimes against correct craft gods for putting some lightweigh muffling to our primary pullers...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic