Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Alternator Wiring Help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Alternator Wiring Help
    Posted: January-19-2005 at 12:14pm
Could someone lend me a hand with the engine wiring on my '79 SN PCM 351?

I had pictures of which wire goes to which pin on my alternator but due to some computer problems I lost the pictures of my engine teardown. Could someone send me a picture of the alternator wiring, or tell me which color wire goes to which terminal?

Thanks,
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2005 at 3:13pm
field - green
auxiliry - brown
output - orange
ground - black

if you look in the refence section and select the 302 - 351 pcm engine manaul and go to page 22 it has the wireing diagram.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2005 at 6:40am
I single wired mine and got rid of the external voltage regulator and solenoid. A rewind shop upgraded an alternator for the single wire applicaiton. The old Interceptor starter has a solenoid. Takes away a lot of mess and the wiring confusion.

It's been about a year since the modification and it's holding up well.

Reducing the amount of wire on a Marine application just feels right.

Did the same in my Bronco.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Ride_Kelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ride_Kelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2005 at 3:24pm
64 Skier-

I'm having charging issues with my 86 Ski 2001. A previous owner replaced the externally regulated alternator with an internally regulated one without removing the external regulator as far as I can tell. I noticed you posted on a conversion you did that removed the external regulator from the system. Could you provide some insight into that conversion? Was it something you did yourself, or had a shop do?

Thanks for you help

Ryan Brown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic