Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First post-looking for parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MISFITS1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISFITS1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First post-looking for parts
    Posted: November-14-2007 at 6:39pm
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum and I've got some questions about getting some parts. I have a 1991 Ski Nautique that is in ok condition but I plan on fixing it up this winter. I'm looking for some info on who would have a glove box lid, maybe some new hull decals, and some input on a new interior. The interior is the major concern. There are some local people that I can take it to but I would like some more input on the interior. Has anyone had this boat or one similar re-upholstered? If so, what should I be looking at in price range? Thanks to all!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by MISFITS1981 MISFITS1981 wrote:

I'm looking for some info on who would have a glove box lid,

There are 2 members here who are looking into producing some glove box lids for the late 80's/early 90's boats (Morfoot and Behindpropellor). Nothing definite yet- stay tuned.

maybe some new hull decals,

I got a set for my '90 from White Lake Marine last year. You should be able to get the 91-93 decals from a dealer as well. Check with White Lake, MWCC or SWCC first.

and some input on a new interior. The interior is the major concern. There are some local people that I can take it to but I would like some more input on the interior. Has anyone had this boat or one similar re-upholstered? If so, what should I be looking at in price range?

If you want to stay original (including CC embroidery) then you have 2 options: MWCC and Christines (see upper left of the forum). I had mine done by Christines and was pretty happy with her work. Youre looking at ~$2500 for all the skins, plus another $1k for a shop to replace foam as necessary and install the vinyl. I rebuilt all my seat bases myself, so that may be something to consider.

A local shop would be able to make you something (for much less $$$), but they dont have the advantage of having the patterns already on hand- they would use your old skins to make the new ones. No guarantees on the quality of the vinyl or stitching either, and forget about any embroidery.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 7:15pm
What is with these glove box lids??? Did CC go and find the cheapest thing they could get? I just used the search feature and there must be 20 threads on it!! I'm assuming the original was injection molded out of a breakable plastic and not something like a polycarbonate.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MISFITS1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISFITS1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 8:18pm
Thanks for the input TRBenj. I have to check those out.

As far as the glove box lid, yes it was a molded plastic lid. But, in CC's defense, mine did last for 14 years.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 10:12pm
Kris, I'm sorry that i neglected to welcome you to the site. Welcome and I hope you find it useful. Plenty of help and lots of knowledge available.

I'm glad you got 14 years out of the lid!! I think there are others here that haven't. By the way, I got 30 years out of one boat, 43 on another and finally 53 on the oldest. This of coarse was with some work along the way!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

What is with these glove box lids??? Did CC go and find the cheapest thing they could get? I just used the search feature and there must be 20 threads on it!! I'm assuming the original was injection molded out of a breakable plastic and not something like a polycarbonate.

I think injection moulding is a little advanced for CC at the time. They look like heat moulded perspex to me. Cheep to make and easy to break.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic