NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey 62wood, lets see pics of the new baby

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey 62wood, lets see pics of the new baby
    Posted: September-10-2007 at 7:05pm
Come on, Steve, you can't squirrel her away without giving us the 'before' shots.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 8:18pm
I got to meet Steve up at Reids place last weekend, Awesome guy !! The Barracuda SS he got is nice a little TLC and its good to go.

Mike
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 2:04am
Hey Dog,
Man, you dont waste anytime....

Most of you probably dont know that Mrs 62 and I made a "white-knuckle" flight down to the "Pinkham Plantation" in North Carolina last weekend to pick up my ultimate project, A 66 'Cuda,with the SS package.
We drove nearly 1800 miles and packed as much fun as we could in three days..The Pinkhams make sure of that!

Mike, It was also great to meet you and your family as well at Saturdays boat show... (btw...congrats on your newest "addition") Always nice to put "faces" to the people on the site!

As for pics, give me a few days ... got home this morning at about 1AM.... also have to get caught up at work...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 8:58am
Steve, I want to see pics of the Higgins!! Yes, the 66 would be nice too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 4:09pm
First here is what the boat looked like at one time.........66 cuda
I love the console with the shifter and throttle levers...

Here are a few pics of the boat down at Reid's Marine Supply....   

The boat had been painted a dark blue..looks like with a brush. The PO had started sanding the hull..getting ready for refinishing...

The PO had also pulled the engine to fix an oil leak...This is Jerry, Reids "on-call,do all" mechanic getting the motor/trans ready for a quick transplant..

Reid getting ready for some serious lever action!

getting ready to lower motor in the hull..

At Reids Sunday morning just before we took off for home..btw, we decided it was best to remove the loose windshield..

a pic of the boat in tow , going thru the Appalachian Mountains...note the hulla girl dash emblem, just above the bow light ...not as nice as Pauls hull ornaments, but you have to start somewhere!

Will take some pics of the 66 in her new IL home in the next couple days..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 5:26pm
Congrats Steve...
I know you've been looking at these for some time now.. Perfect hook up with Reid that had one he could part with...

Good Luck with the resto. Can't wait to see that thing next Spring !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 9:19pm
Good going Steve.
Thanks for the pics.
It looks like she's all there.
318 I'm guessing?

I vote to keep the leopard print paint scheme. It is very unique!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 9:28pm
Steve, not to get any thing stirred up!!!!!
why would you bring that junker home,it's ugly and will take far too much time to get it into shape. You , my boy made a bad choice.
But being the friend and fellow boat lover and glutton for the unfinished projects,I will take her in the present state of decay.
I will meet you at the Arkasas state line too.After all what are buddies for.................boat dr/ boat nurse
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 11:59pm
Dog,
Its got a 318 Poly, "semi-hemi"...I think this is the last year before the "modern" 318 Chrysler.

Billy,
Geee 'ol buddy,It sure wouldnt be fair to pawn this ugly old tug off on a good friend Since its sooo bad,I guess I can just haul her of to that final resting place in the sky.... NOT!... But thanks for the offer!

As for the unique paint...Reid just called her "spot" ...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:09am
Steve...that thing will look great once you get the swivel bass seats ,trolling motor decking and live well in! You going to convert it to an outboard???

Have fun buddy...can't wait to see it after it's finished...can't wait to go fishin with ya
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:19am
steve has finally moved up to a V-8 what's up with that?

Going back with gel or paint?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:38am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

steve has finally moved up to a V-8 what's up with that?

Going back with gel or paint?

Chris, Ive alway said ...I just about didnt buy my 64 because of the six beater....Altho I do like the six's economy ,there are times I need to get back to a V8.

As for the gel-vs-paint...my heart says gel, but I need to do lots of homework yet....

Gary,
How big a trolling motor can we put on this hull?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:11am
Thanks for gettin' the pictures up for us. You know how nosey we all are.

Good to talk to ya on the phone.

If you could get her done by GL...can I have a ride?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:45am
Steve Thats great . Just what you wanted . Wendy and I will have to take a look at her in the near future . Good luck on the resto.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:46am
Congrats Steve,

May your stable grow ever larger.

Chuck

P.S. Always glad to have another Chrysler guy around.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:56am
Very cool project. What will become of the 64? BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 2:05am
Steve,

Apparently "you are trying to have them all" and I think Mrs 62 is an accomplice!

Gotta love that Pinkham compound as much as the people who are there.

Congrats, cool boat, looking forward to the work in progress thread!

CQ
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 2:32am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Very cool project. What will become of the 64? BKH

Im probably not going to be able to start the 'cuda for at least a year So for the time being Im keeping the 64... Altho Pams a good sport , she has "strongly" suggested that I get my Chevelle and Higgins projects done before starting anymore! ...then theres a little issue with remodeling a bath Ive been promising for a couple years...welllllll...I wont even go there...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 4:39am
I want to see more pics of the boats in the shop.

PLEASE !!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 7:19am
Steve, With your skills, I would go gel. It's mostly labor as the gel cost isn't that much more than real fancy paint. Have you checked on ORIGINAL colors yet?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Steve, With your skills, I would go gel. It's mostly labor as the gel cost isn't that much more than real fancy paint. Have you checked on ORIGINAL colors yet?

Pete,
Ive been thinking candy apple red with BIG metalflake...

Actually, I have a piece of original liturate with the color wheel. You can see a copy here

and here

At first I wanted the original Mahogany color, but Im looking hard at the Tangerine and maybe even the Yucatan Yellow. Would sure like to see actual boats first. Plus I know the color on the literature isnt very accurate. What you think?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:51pm
Steve, I know the new gels are a lot more fade resistent than the old ones but I think the yellow will hold up better than the tangerine. I also know of two yellow ones from my early teens that I was always in love with! The colors in the literature are pretty close. The yellow is a lighter one and not a real deep yellow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:59pm
Pete,
Do you know of any gel suppliers with the original formulas tha CC would have used?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:18pm
Steve, Your not going to find a supplier with a direct match because of it's age. None go back that far. You can get damn close by picking from a stock color. Mini Craft of Florida has lots of colors as well as several different gel types. Their newest is one that is supposed to level out better than most. We had the guy post some pictures here (remember he was using orange gel) but then never came back in with the end results. I would stick with the standard gels and let someone else do the experiments.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 7:59pm
Terry: The shop is awesome! When me and Patti were there a month ago Reid took me there. I think there was 12 different Correct crafts, a beautiful Chris Craft, A Stars & Stripes mc,a Donzi Sweet 16, Some other pig boat IO and a V8 MGBGT or Rover or something just done by Josh. Plus a refrig filled with every known to man brand of beer. There was some pics of all the boats in there on a post awhile back.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 10:16pm
Spectrum is also a source for gel coat as well they are based in Washington state and do tons of oem colors.
Check them out.

Mike
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 2:41am
heres my pic of spot!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 2:42am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 3:06am

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2007 at 4:52am

blondiegurl has Dibs on this Ski-tique!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic