NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mouse control

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mouse control
    Posted: January-14-2006 at 6:52pm
    Ive heard from several people here in Maine that if you put fabric softner sheets (like you put in your clothes drier - like Bounce),it will keep the mice out. Supposedly, people use them in their motorhomes during winter storage. Just buy a box and toss sheets here and there. Anyone else ever heard of this?? It should work for boats in storage garages???
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 8:15pm
JEFF; Every time I try to control my mouse by spreading Bounce around it just makes it to hard to roll it around on this pad thing and I can't point at whatever I want. Quit worring about your mouse and get those Stangs on the diaries for us!...jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 8:25pm
ok jbear, you know I have junk photos, but you win!! I dont want to be like dchris!! lol.. I will see if I can figure it out and put something in there.

By the way, I never knew you had mouse problems too!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 9:21pm
JEFF; I got problems with everything connected to this computer. It used to belong to Mrs. jbear until I discovered this web site. Now she has to get up early in the AM to get on it....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 9:29pm
     Sweet!! Thats the way it should be right? Anyway, I sent in the 74 M17 to the diaries thanxs 2 u. I even posted that in the ending. It has to be approved before posted according to the email I got. Thank you for the butt kick!! Will post the 76 soon, (sure you say).

PS: What about my mouse question anyway????
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 9:32pm
Jeff, I use the dryer sheets in my motorhome all the time, even during the summer. We put em in every cabinet. Some people use mothballs for long term storage but I could never catch enough of the little buggers.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 11:17pm
81; Always used mothballs in my motorhome also but shared the same problem: catching enough of the little guys.

JEFF; I'll be lookin for that new post tomorrow. Any guy lucky enough to have two Stangs has to sharin' em with the rest of us.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 7:01am
I use them in my motorhome too, and have no trouble with mice. I also think that my newer motorhome is too tough for them to get into. They say Holiday Rambler is the best for a reason, I guess.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 4:09pm
I was wondering if the Bounce worked because mothballs smell terrible and are hard to get out. It took forever to get the mothball smell out.

jbear: not there yet. I posted the 74.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 5:18pm
Jeff; Looked for the 74 in the diaries. Why can't I find it?...jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 5:50pm
jbear, I posted it last night and received an email stating it has to reviewed by the staff and will be posted shortly. Are you familiar?
Anyway, what about my Bounce!!...??
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 7:01pm
Jeff: I'll look for your Stang in a day or two. Seriously, about the bounce, never used it, always used the old fashioned moth balls......john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 8:56pm
Where I live the cockaroaches chase the mice out of the house. We usually keep a hammer on the end table to control the cockaroaches.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 11:15am
Hey Jeff,

If you don't mind me asking, where in Maine are you? My family's summer place is in Waterboro - near Sanford.

I'm curious to see the responses to this topic. It would be interesting if it works.

Haven't tried it myself, but I've heard fabric softner sheets are good to keep in your pockets in the summer to keep mosquitoes and other bugs away...

Best wishes.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 8:18pm
Hey 66skylark, We are in Shapleigh on Mousam Lake. You must be Little Ossipee or close. Mousam is next town from Sanford.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 6:59am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

JEFF; I got problems with everything connected to this computer. It used to belong to Mrs. jbear until I discovered this web site. Now she has to get up early in the AM to get on it....john

Sooo...she likes it in the AM You lucky guy.
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:47am
Actually, Scott, Mrs. jbear likes the computer way more than me in the AM. We've been married over 30 years, bless her heart, so we don't do to much of "that" stuff anymore. But she puts up with going out in the boat all day, can drive better than almost any guy and can back a boat trailer down the ramp better than any guy, will ride on the back of the Harley rain or shine and she is even better looking that when I married her....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 1:27pm
Damn jbear....Find me a wowman that can put up with me for 30 years and one that gets better looking,can back a trailer,harley rider,boat driver........ Damn i think i'm in love with her. Sounds like a fairy tale.. Your a lucky man and sounds like she is lucky also! (signed.. Jealous)
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 1:33pm
She probably just loves him for his boat!

I'm right there with ya jbear. Mrs jameski shares most of the same qualities (she's still working on her trailer-backing abilities).
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 1:41pm
Jeff,

You're correct, we're on Little Ossipee. It is a nice little lake... My family has been on Little Ossipee for 70 or 80 years now.

If you're ever going by the lake on Route 5 some summer day, you'll see our seafoam green Skylark sitting across the cove from the road.

Our Skylark needs a some work, but my daughter is the 4th generation of the family to enjoy the boat.

I want to post the 66 in the diary section, but would like some better pictures.

Since my last post I saw your Mustang in the Diary section. Very Nice. Would love to see more pictures.

Keep in touch!
Kyle
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 2:08pm
jbear, Mrs 81 backed our rig down the ramp this year behind the 31' motorhome. She was shaking in her boots but did just fine. She had a whole line of people watching and cheering her on when she pulled out, that was awesome. She's never driven the motorhome anywhere but in a parking lot and she had the balls to try that, that's my kinda woman. Gotta love her. In fact I love her so much I got her a backup monitor for the motorhome for x-mas. Ain't I romantic.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 6:30pm
81: Mrs. jbear learned by using our Honey motorhome. I'm easier on her now, I let her use the F-150. But I love youe Christmas gift. You are a romantic guy! But it is fun when they do something like back 'em down because no-one expects a women to be able to. Makes ya awful proud, huh?

67; I guess I just got lucky. When I met Mrs. jbear she couldn't even ski. But she ended up by sking in our club's show.

Jameski; I think she loved me for the '03 206. She loved the open bow. She thinks the '80 is way to loud.

jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 6:53pm
John
I'm sure you already know...You got a keeper!
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 7:21pm
scott; Agreed. Did I mention it was cool to talk to ya in person?...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 7:48pm
Wow, Im AMAZED!! My post on "mouse control" should of been changed to "sex control"! In the AM is good for you huh Jbear??? This is way too cool!!
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 7:53pm
Hey John, I was just letting my wife read some of these postings and she said she feels like she is letting me down because she cant back the trailer down the ramp. But I told her our system works just fine - I get the get the van and boat nice and straight and she backs it in the water, pulls the trailer out and parks it. That's good enough for me.
Plus she's beautiful, a great mom and wife.

It was good talking to you too. We are looking forward to meeting you and your wife in May.
Scott
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 7:56pm
    66Skylark, I know exactly where youre talking about. When your up this way, shoot me an email. Ive never had the boat on Little Ossipee. It sits at the summer cottage at Mousam most of the time!! This site is way too cool!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 8:06pm
Scott; Guys like us are just lucky that we have wives that will put up with all this stuff. Somtimes the wife looks over my shoulder also while I'm on here and just chuckles and shakes her head at us guys.

Jeff; Nice post ya started here. Wonder how long we can keep it up! OOps. Gotta watch the "net nanny".

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 7:40am
You all sound happy!! Maybee someday i'll find mrs. 67? Hell all of them i find always want one thing......MONEY, Imagine that. I've yet to meet one that can back a trailer much less a motor home! I did find one here lately that is a country girl and i guess this weekend i should take her to the farm and see if she can pass the test? She is a former FFA girl. Wish me luck....Happy for ya all!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 2:05pm
Paul,

Don't know if I'm buying that. I've seen the photo of your boat loaded with beauties.

I didn't find Mrs. Right until I was 41. Always time. She skis, wakeboards, snow skis, and drives the boat. Just for motivation, link below is to the swimsuit show at our local boat show. Mrs. BKHallpass is amongst the photos.

http://www.discoverybaylions.com/swimsuit.htm

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic