Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WOW what a difference....

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW what a difference....
    Posted: December-02-2010 at 1:07am
Got the new Acme 1210 today for my Mustang - here is some pics of the comparison b/w old Federal and new Acme - cannot wait to get it in the water. Nice thing is there will still be some 50deg days in Atlanta to get it on the water for a test drive.
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 1:10am
Forgot to add that I got the prop from Delta in the "Links" here on CCF - they have a 25% off deal going through 12/5 and what a pleasure to work with they shipped the same day I ordered and answered all questions extremely promptly
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 9:42am

Mark,

What size is your old prop ? 12X15

And is the new prop the same size, because your old prop
look's like mine. And boy that is a big difference, like it's my
time to order one for my boat !!

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 10:03am
I believe the old prop to be a 12" x 13 pitch Federal prop - I cannot read the second digit on the pitch side and since I got the prop off and can read all the list numbers I didn't take the time to look it up last night - and yes it is alot of difference in the total surface area of the blades - pretty awesome when you look at them stacked over each other
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 11:50am
Dave- you should've been at Santa's house at Lake Norman. You'd got to try out some props on that 'Flyer'
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 12:12pm
The original prop *should* have been a 12x14 Federal paired to that 4bbl 302. My Skier supposedly came with a Federal 12x15, but I think that is a rare case. My sister's '69 Mustang with the 165hp 2bbl came with a 12x13. The 1210 is 12.5x12 and will spin about 300 RPM higher at all speeds- I get about 1:1 speed vs. RPM with it on my Skier. Holeshot is vastly improved, and top end is comparable to the old prop. My boat is an underperformer (45-46mph @ ~4500 RPM) but Ive seen the prop push a stock 302 2nd gen Mustang 16 to 49.6mph on the GPS. Even with the extra 1/2" of diameter, I still have 1" of hull clearance due to the aft rake of the blades.

If anyone is looking for one, I may have an extra one (new in box) I would sell. Shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 12:54pm
Okay - I just received my 542 and it too has much more surface area than my original Federal 13 x 13 (Tim - let's hook up soon as I need to get you your prop back!)

Can't wait to get it on and out on the lake.

ManGA - shoot me a note when you are thinking about getting out there - will meet you.

Dave
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 2:16pm
Dave, no worries mate. Just keep her til whenever or SJRR. I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 540 for my 88. So I'll have the one on there for a spare. Will probably end up selling one here on the site.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 2:28pm
Thanks Tim - I need to get the 542 on there and I don't want to loose yours! Would love to hook up regardless over lunch and talk through the plans for the river run.   Looking forward to it and have set expectations with the Mrs. as it is looking like a guys trip on this end.

Hope to get up on the lake this week-end to see what how the 542 performs.

Pull the trigger on the 540 before the deal slips away - I saved over $100.
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 2:52pm
Man - GA,

I have the ACME 208 4 blade.

One thing that you'll might notice with the extra surface area, of even the 3 blade, is you'll get some degree of engine braking, which can be helpful. When you throttle back quickly, it'll be like you hit the brakes.
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2010 at 12:34am
Any of you Lake Lanier fellas put in at Holiday Marina? My brother and I are bringing the '77 SN up to run the new motor one last time before winter.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2010 at 4:26pm
Well......Merry Christmas to me...ordered the 540 this morning so it should be here next week.

BIG THANKS to Delta Propeller for offering us CCFans a great deal on these. We may just have to get an Atlanta gathering on a decent weekend and have an acme run day.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2010 at 6:10pm
The weekend trip sounds great to me
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2010 at 11:28pm
My wife and I were just talking about "how many more months till boating weather?" My boat is winterized, and I take the trailer tongue off to tuck her in the garage (so I can close the door). So, I may have to tag along for a ride when you Atlanta guys get together for a run.
I bought an Acme 422 four blade a couple of years ago. My original 14 x 16 three blade got a ding in it and bought the 422 cause I needed a new prop quickly. Loose about 1 mph on the top end and a little bite in the water when manuevering around the dock, but it does pull and handle very well. Been very happy with the Acme. Would like to try an Acme three blade on my boat sometime. I bet it would do very well.
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 5:01pm
No Lanier trip for me tomorrow. My brother bailed on me. Something about not wanting to endure the cold. I think he lost his thermal panties. Tim, if you're doing a water test with that new acme and want a chase boat next weekend, the weather might be better by then. Hell, I'll come out if the lake is still unfrozen!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:18pm
I was going to give you guy's a hard time saying it's cold. But then I saw it's supposed to be in the 40's for you. Is that normal for this time of year?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:56pm
Normal? What's normal?
When I was in Georgia in 2003 of Dec- it was snowing!
Here in High Point,NC today Dec.4, it started snowing at noon. Weatherman said only a dusting then not starting until 10pm Sat. nite. He was wrong of course
Man, those guys get paid for predicting nothing It snowed till 8 pm, then started sleeting. Probably 2" total.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Well......Merry Christmas to me...ordered the 540 this morning so it should be here next week.

BIG THANKS to Delta Propeller for offering us CCFans a great deal on these. We may just have to get an Atlanta gathering on a decent weekend and have an acme run day.

Tim,
I think the ACME 540 is what you and I tried on my boat at Reid's in September. Is the prop you got basically Delta's version of that ACME? or a totally different prop? I got the impression after trying that ACME 540 on my boat that maybe neither of us were blown away by it. Just curious.
Steve
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 2:50am
Yes Steve, its the same prop. We both werent too impressed by its performance compaired to the four blade on yours. I think for the deal that I got it at and if I can sell one of the soon to be spares I think that compared to the original prop that I'm still running on mine it will be worth the cost. The quicker hole shot and less vibration just cruising around the lake will be an improvement too.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:06pm
Well boys - I am heading up to the lake to day at noon to test out the ACME 542 that I mounted up yesterday!   Let me know if anyone is up for meeting up there.

Jim - want to join me?   I will have two of my three boys with me so I will have plenty of room for you.   Wont be up there long, however I may put the old style top up and side curtains to cut down on the cold if needed!!! (my boys are hitting me hard to put up the top!)

Can't wait to see how improved the hole shot is and what the WOT RPM's and MPH is.   I was running 4,200 RPM's and 42.8 MPH with my 13x13.
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:09pm
I can't be there today - good luck with the new prop and I side with the boys put the top up - the wind is cold today and will only be worse on the water.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:52pm
The wind has been pushing the limits of safety all morning. It'll be cold AND rough.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Nautique Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 1:08pm
Steve,
You are hard core. I might not even leave my house today. The Gainesville airport is showing a steady wind of 12 knots with gusts to 20 knots and a high temp of 41. I wish I had your enthusiasm.
1997 Nautique Super Sport

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (Sold)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 1:38pm
Dave, not able to make it today. Got Christmas decorating chores to do.
You guys be careful up there today. That wind is going to be something to deal with.
Although...a good tail wind will help the speed! Have fun.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 1:45pm
I did say DECENT weekend guys. I'm up here in Illinois where the temp is 10'F and 6" of snow on the ground. Headed to the airport now for the trip home. Its pretty up here but I hope I don't bring it home.

Dave...you go man
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 2:06pm
Ok - now I'm rethinking my plans.   The wind has me concerned at the ramp and although my handles the chop pretty well, not so sure it will be worth the effort today.

I may keep an eye on the temps, sun and wind and head out around 2:00pm or so - if the wind is still blowing I may just bail and look to another day.

Will keep you posted!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Nautique Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 3:09pm
Sorry Dave, I called you Steve in an earlier post.

I play the part of the village idiot really well, just ask my wife.

The wind is supposed to be gusting to 20 knots all day.
1997 Nautique Super Sport

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (Sold)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 3:35pm
Hey Dave, you ever read Pete's post regarding lapping a prop to the shaft. You may want to search for that topic. I have the lapping (valve grinding compound) and high spot blue that you are welcome to borrow and use. A little goes a long way and I have plenty. Save you time trying to find it.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 4:56pm

Yes Steve, its the same prop. We both werent too impressed by its performance compaired to the four blade on yours. I think for the deal that I got it at and if I can sell one of the soon to be spares I think that compared to the original prop that I'm still running on mine it will be worth the cost. The quicker hole shot and less vibration just cruising around the lake will be an improvement too.

So is the Delta 540 and the Acme 540 supposed to be spec.d the same? Is the choice of Delta just b/c of a better price?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

So is the Delta 540 and the Acme 540 supposed to be spec.d the same? Is the choice of Delta just b/c of a better price?

Steve, Delta is just a distributor, they don't make props but are a full service prop sales and repair shop. The 540 Tim is buying is an Acme 540. It's usually better to buy a prop from a distributor because they can discount if they want to, if you buy an Acme direct from Acme you will pay list price. They do this to protect their dealers and not undercut them.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic