NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chicago beers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3940414243 45>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2008 at 11:37am
We are expecting 6-12" of wet heavy snow Thursday. I'm willing to do the cruise down, but not when the snow could double the drive time.

Sorry guys, It looks like I'm out unless the forecast doesn't develop as expected.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 10:51pm
I'm out,the 18th is the only day that I can't make it. I'm sure we can work something out come January.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 4:52pm
any dollar bill tips involved?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

RoseMONT

Crap... Of course, Rosemont, near the airport. Thanks HW..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 1:10pm
RoseMONT
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Mojo how is it you know every watering hole in the county?

I work with Chinese...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 12:30pm
I might miss thursday now cause I'm going to Rico's and don't want to be late!!!

Roselle would be cool, I'm in.

Mojo how is it you know every watering hole in the county?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 12:15pm
Well, I'm not sure how Ohare could be considered to far West, and since we all surround that location, it makes the best site area to congregate. Niles is North, Schaumburg is way West. You can take trains right into River road (we can pick up Chris, not a problem).

Hey, if Raindog, Copcraft and Gotwake and 81' all come in from the sticks, Niles isn't the ideal location, and the Glenview house is a dump, not easy to get to, and has bad food, Alan is right..

Pete, you could sacrifice one night every couple of months and drive to down a few beers with your CC buds????..

{{{{{{Man-Up people}}}}}}}...

"Shoe-less Joe's", Devon and Manhiem, Rosemont, next Thursday... Whata-ya say??

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 12:00pm
Rico's, Friday 6:00, be there, Im buying
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 10:45am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

it was easier organizing Woodstock

I see the "Ohio Beers" thread is really taking off!!

The fact is if Dave called it for Glenview House next thursday those that could make it would be there so just do it Dave. We're all trying to be considerate of everybody's situation but it really doesn't matter with this group, it all works out. I just have to eat or I could lose my Cherub like demeanor!! hahaha
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 10:30am
it was easier organizing Woodstock
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 10:08am
Next thursday should work for me and anywhere in the regular area is fine but just not too much further north if you can. I don't mind driving but more than an hour might be tough during the week.

Roaming would be cool but the majority does live or work in the area we now meet. I thought the Schaumburg Hooters worked out good so maybe next time there. Major concern is like a lot of you guys I start my day at 4am and I have to eat a good dinner before having a few drinks or the drive home is no good. That place in Niles had a decent burger didn't they? The Glenview house is a dive, I'll go back there but I'll wear my "this place sucks" t shirt
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 8:46am
Roaming is really the only fair way to accommodate the group being scattered but it then does create the "where to meet" problem each time we meet!!

I certainly have been spoiled by being close to Glenview (and Chris getting off the train). If it comes down to roaming, I probably won't be able to make it to all the gatherings (the 3:00am at work is the kicker!!) but feel it's not a major hardship since we do have this great site for communication! Of course face to face communication and a couple beers is always great.

I'm in for Thursday the 18th and vote for Dave's idea of meeting at Pinstripes. We can discuss the issue further then.

A central O'hare (not to far west) location to consider is The Great Escape on Irving between River rd. and Mannheim. Quiet with a large bar area. Very historic with the original bar from the teens.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 4:03am
Just let me know where you all decide and I will do my best to get there. Either day will also work.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 12:07am
Weather and job permitting, I'm in for Thursday the 18th. Anywhere close to 94/294 is good by me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 6:27pm
you guy's have alot to talk about lately...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 4:37pm
O'Hare is a bit west IMO. I like the idea of the place right on Willow east of 294 by 3 miles. Great central location.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 4:37pm
roam
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 2:51pm
The vote was to allow the location to roam (person to person in a rotation), or to solidify a location in the middle for guys like Raindog (Milwaukee, or Copcraft, Kankakee) to get to, like the Ohare area...

Also, the day will always be Thursday come rain or shine...

Let's try this again Kids..

1. Moj' Ohare permanent location
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 2:18pm
M3Fan- Near Arlington Heights or Northern Lake County area
Day - Wed or Thurs next week
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 1:07pm
Mojo,

Weds never works for me, how about a Thursday?

BTW, near a North Central or Northwest train station works great for me!

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 1:01pm
Ken - A bar (north is better)
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 12:40pm
Since we're so spread out, there really is no good location for any one individual. Each could pic a realitively easy place to get to near their perspective area, or we could agree on one central location like around Ohare?? Plenty of places there.. We'll meet next Wed Dec 17th

Vote: (add your name)

Mojo' --Ohare Central
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2008 at 8:03am
Next week is certainly "better" than this one, location change is good with me as long as they have "FOOD". Don't think I'd be able to go much further north though during the week.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2008 at 7:43am
It seems setting a day always gets complicated! Ok, it was Friday but now it's been suggested Wed. or Thur. Or, next week? I'm very flexible up until the week of Christmas through till after Jan. 4th. (I'll be up north)

I hate to leave anyone out so we need some input.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 7:19pm
I just found out this week is no good. Next week should be fine though. How about Wednesday next week, 12/17?

2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Can we fire up our own heaters in the conditioned outdoor area, Moj?

Don't know Steve, never been. I'll try and find out more about it. I just know it's a hell of a lot easier to get to than The Glenview House for many of you..

Moj'
(Pick a day)
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Pete,
It's right off the highway on Willow , just East of 294 by a 1/4 mile. Easy for everyone to get to..

Moj'

It's 3 miles east of 294, btw.

1/4, two, chree, whatever it takes hahaha..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 3:22pm
Can we fire up our own heaters in the conditioned outdoor area, Moj?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 3:12pm
Anyone coming from the north down 294 may want to consider taking the Edens spur (94) and getting off at Waukegan south. 6 of one, half dozen of another but finding it may be easier. You'll be west bound on Willow so you'll be on the same side of the street as Pinstripes.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3940414243 45>
  Share Topic