NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1980 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 12:35pm
Ken, I must have owned a half dozen pair of plaid Bermuda's myself. Very hip in my college days of the early-80s. Fortunately, I think all evidence of such ownership has been destroyed.    

Now the pink banana hammock - that aint right. The gentleman is kind enough to post a great pic of his boat and . . . . well, let's just say payback are a b***h. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 12:40pm
Wow, this thread got jacked-up quickly. I'll defend my shorts to the very end. I don't know if my cropped legs are a male or female. No need to pick apart any details, this is a family site. Glad nothing appeared on my chest!
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 1:02pm
Regardless...nice boat...and the legs aren't bad either.
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 2:03pm
Nice Boat!

but that last pic is just too scary!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 2:14pm
Thanks for the positive feedback on my previous boat. It was my pride and joy for years. Believe me, it wasn't easy to sell. That's a difficult process.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 4:49pm
I have some pictures of it but I've never posted on the boards. How do you do it. I would like you all to look at it. I talked to him today he said it is extremely soild and he thinks the stringers and foam is dry because it floats in the water with the platform about 2 inches out of the water. He says it has new carpet and the floors feel soild. He said it has some scratches on the bottom of the hull and a few bubbles in the clear and there are a few rips in the seats but all in all it runs good and shifts good and tops out at about 48 mph.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 4:55pm
Ken: I have had the vapor lock problem on my '78, '81, and now my "new" '80. Only problem tho.

Love the shorts. Knew there had to be speedos under there. Hope your "cousin" has his own boat. Might need a pull now that he dropped a dime on ya.

Larry: You gotta have way to much time on your hands! Like the idea of posting those 70's pics. Someone else go first!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 5:08pm
Ken,

All kidding aside that's a very clean looking boat. I can't tell if the stripes are multi color brown or just a solid. Either way I don't recall seeing that on that year boat before. Almost looks like a 2001 graphic scheme. Looks very different in brown don't see too much of that either. Do you regret moving to the bigger boat or was it the right thing for you to do?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 5:32pm
Ken, just looked at your pics on a different computer and I see it is two tone, interesting, do you know if that was factory stripes?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 8:16pm
    Ken, thats a nice boat. I had to look at the pics a few times as someone had the EXACT same boat on Mousam and was trying to see if it was.
    I think Jbear needs to hook up with Larry! That was pretty cool, and makes me chuckle!! I guess your popular now Ken!!

Jeff..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 7:50am
Yes, those are solid brown stripes. I was wondering if this was factory or not. On the original bill of sale, it wasn't sold from the dealership until 1982. It sat for two years before finding a home. Maybe the dealership painted it that way to sell it? It always confused people who knew their Correct Craft boats. The first question I would get is "what year is that".

I sold it to a gentleman in Exeter, NH. It's very possible he's using it on Mousam. I put 1990 Correct Craft decals on the rear where the plastic Correct Craft emblems were. They kept cracking and snapping off. That's what would stick out the most, unless he switched it back to the original emblems that I had just purchased.

My only regret is that I wish I could have held on to the 1980 and bought my 1986. I would have been happy to own both. I paid cash for my '86. I don't ever want to finance a boat. I miss the nimble feeling that the '80 had. It feels different than the 2001 model because the bow is shorter. Kind of gives you a sports car feel. I like the 2001 better because of the interior room, rear seat and smaller wake at 28-32 MPH.

Hang on to your 1980's. They're one of a kind.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 11:20am
Hey JBear,

By the way, I will purchase another 1980 in the future. I would like one in excellent condition like yours. I will not sell my '86 because that's the 25th Anniversary year. My goal when everything is said and done is to own another 1980, keep my '86 2001 and buy a 1998 SN. I also see a nice garage in my future to house them. Great hobby!

Ken
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:09pm
    Ken, I will check that boat out this summer on Mousam. It just may be a twin sister or yours, who knows?? If I recall, I remember the guy at Converse upholstery saying he had redone something for that guy with that Nautique. I think then he might be from NH.

Jeff...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic