Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

red kneck engine hoist

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red kneck engine hoist
    Posted: April-25-2014 at 1:32am
Uh think you might have voided the warranty on the crane.
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2014 at 12:38am
You guys will get a kick out of this. A friend helped me pull the 318 I sold out of my donor hull. We used his 24' moving truck with a heavy duty lift gate and his large engine Hoist. A few straps and on the fly engineering made for a few laughs. The hull was on blocks and high enough off the ground that the extraction process presented a few minor challenges. No large trees around and I didn't have a hoist of any kind. We used the lift gate to give us the height and the boom on his hoist for distance. He backed his truck up next to the hull and then the fun began. We ran into the foreseeable problem (evident in the photos) when we began swinging the boom around to clear the hull. Enjoy!

1968 Barracuda Super Sport
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 10:38pm

we used these uprights from some industrial racks.One set to pull the engine and second set to flip the boat.

Watch your fingers.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 2:38pm
Moving this over....

Originally posted by MustangMadness MustangMadness wrote:

In trying to be creative and safe, I managed to yank my 307 using a come-a-long, 3/4" nylon rope and and willing maple in my driveway.

I then just pulled the boat out from underneath.
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 3:37pm
It's a little ugly but it was strong enough to lift a 390 Ford Interceptor and trans (Tim - this is the one you gave me the heads up on)

-Phil
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2009 at 6:41pm
one hand on the chain..And one on the beer!!LOL

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2009 at 1:41pm
one of her legs maybe HW
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2009 at 5:29am
Originally posted by Tomski Tomski wrote:

I'll join in, this is what I used.

It's vital in this life to have good friends with useful stuff!

How right you are!
Here's what we used on Tom and Jo's barefoot:

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I always gauge things as if they were 180lb guys, in this case it wouldve been around 2 and a half guy's hanging from the pipe...

or 1 of quinner's girlfriends
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 12:30pm
I'll join in, this is what I used.

It's vital in this life to have good friends with useful stuff!
Easily Parted From Money
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 12:13pm
I just pulled a 150hp Merc at the guy's house, we used a steel pipe across 6ft on center rafters, that was fn scary. I always gauge things as if they were 180lb guys, in this case it wouldve been around 2 and a half guy's hanging from the pipe...no problem i guess
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 6:37pm
Jim,

I love it. Little stuff is all I use it for too.   Grading the driveway, PTO for the hay elevator, mowing the pasture, lifting boat motors etc. Had it for 12 years. Never had a problem with her other than a couple minor self inflicted ones.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 5:31pm
Wakeslayer, we had a D-17 when I was growing up. It was our "little" tractor we used to run augers, harrow the arena, haul hayracks,etc. All 4 boys in our family learned how to drive tractors starting with that good ol' A/C D-17. I have John Deere's now but I would pay a pretty penny to get that orange one back!
1999 Sport Nautique-Python Powered

1999 Ski Nautique-Python Powered
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Nice Mike...Allison Chalmers? Looks orange?

Yep, D17. Not positive on the year, 58 or 59, I believe. I have a couple Allis lawn tractors too. Early 80's models, built like tanks.

Pete, I actually borrow a Bobcat when I have to clean the paddock. I don't have hydraulics on the bucket, just the lift.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 11:19am
This may not count because they're not mine but thank God for Neighbors with toys.

This one is BJ's down in FL.

And this one is my neighbors back home
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 10:47am
Mike,
Glad to see you hosed the bucket off after bringing the tractor over from the barn!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 2:59am
Nice Mike...Allison Chalmers? Looks orange?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 2:55am
Mike N

1968 Mustang

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 2:40am
Don't you love that Bobcat? We've got the same thing...its perfect for movin the boats around. A little slow to take to the ramp tho!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2009 at 10:29pm
That dolly's gonna scream!!!!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2009 at 9:57pm
your puttin that on some nice chassis but you might need a steering wheel and radiator
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2009 at 6:43pm
Thought I'd throw this one out there.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2009 at 10:31am
check those counter cams on those BBC's if you plan on re-using...2 out 2 on both counters were bad. also i found a burnt valve in one of them...probably from the bad cam lobe on that cylinder.. 2 righties in the same week go figure. i almost was going to plug the one back in but found a sharp point on them.....god damn, im really sarting to believe this zinc myth thats been going around
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 7:32pm
I don't know Tim, I don't think anything you Benjamins do is red neck.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2009 at 11:58am
my guy pulled a big boy boy out Friday as i am finihing one up for another, starting to gather some parts for them, they like to bend the engine stands
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2009 at 11:56am
flirt with 70, then 60 will come real easy lol
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

so what are you doing with the engine?

Not sure yet, Eric. The boat is getting new stringers and floor. Compression on the engine came back good (all within 10%), so as long as the bearings check out when we pull the pan, we dont have an excuse to touch the bottom end this year (damn). We may add a cam and an intake once we figure out what we have for a bumpstick and compression ratio now. The foam is all out (wet!!!) and the boat should be a bit lighter once finished- Id like to be flirting with 60mph next summer.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 11:42pm
so what are you doing with the engine?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 3:55pm
We've added a second tier to our hoist... the BFN wouldnt have cleared if we used the lower rung.

I now have 3 boats without engines on my parents property... yikes.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 2:21am
Gary, it's a 1960 Atom that is beyond our abilty to restore.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic