NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old ski pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2008 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Cool pics Craig.love them old shots. Lets get some more up here. Larry...I know you got some!

john

I think I've posted most of my older stuff before John, but what the heck, its been a while and maybe they'd be new to some of our newer folks.

Kind of funny, Ive got some photos from the 80s, but think they dont qualify because that wasnt long ago enough, then I realize some of our members werent even born yet.

To me, to be "older" its gotta be 60s or 70s. I'll do some searching and maybe post a few or maybe some of the better repeats.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2008 at 1:54am
I bet some of the guys on here will think the 80's are old. But it ain't funny...I think it just was the 80's...where has the time gone?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2008 at 2:22am
I'm just wondering where the 90's went.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 1:42am
I love that yellow hydroslide 81 we still have a yellow and an orange and green pro xl's just like that one.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 6:29pm
There is nothing wrong with being born in the 80's...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 11:26pm
Born in the 80's...c'mon we got boats older than that here!

LOL...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 12:15am
My dad's first CC was older then me as well. He had a 78 SN. Yes JBear your boat is older then me too, your boats an 80. I was born in 81.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 1:04am
Thanks James....I really needed to know that.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 1:27am
Sorry Jbear...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 2:04am
At least I know you'll be a year older soon. And I am gonna quit counting.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 1:58pm
James
I graduated the year you were born
I read an article this morning in Crains Business that made me feel a little old. It was titled "Grays On Trays". It was about 40 year olds, riding snowboards. I feel pretty proud to be in that group.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 12:38am
Jbear and Tull
Don't feel bad I work with guys that had twenty years in at ford when I was born. Yes they still work here they have just under fifty years in. I think they need to retire and enjoy the rest of their lives. But sadly they will not, I think they are scared of what they will do after they retire. I know eveyone says they want to retire as soon as they can. I just hope I can make that choice when it comes time. I admire the people on this site that retired.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 2:28am
James: I once had a crew of young new to the company guys I was training. To get aquaintated we went around the room saying where we were from and how old. I went last. I started in '70 and there wasn't a guy in my crew born BEFORE '75. So they were all pretty impressed. Or..thought I was pretty old.
There are still guys at my garage that could've went when I did but had no money and no plans. I am glad I went and would never change my decision. As I have said on here before to Gary S, I miss somethings but not much. Love what I do now and where we are at.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 11:09am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I think they need to retire and enjoy the rest of their lives.

James, My dad retired at 65, now at 80 he decided he'd quit his 24 hour a week "side job" as he calls it. I'm glad he's not doing it anymore but he only stopped because it's too much physically and Mom put her foot down.

I like your take on it though and hope to give it a try as soon as possible.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

There are still guys at my garage that could've went when I did but had no money and no plans.

john

Jbear the guys at my work with fifty years have the same problem. Hell someof them still have teenage kids at home. Some are taking care of their grand kids because their kids can't or wont take care of them. I just hate the idea of seeing guys work their whole life, then be carried out of the plant in a wood box. With out ever taking the time to enjoy life.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 7:18pm
James, that is sure making you look like you're counting down the days "not" enjoying life until you can retire. 75 yr. olds working full time to support their grandkids is crazy.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2008 at 2:14am
HW is right...I enjoyed everyday working...was glad to get to work every morning..even the last day. Felt I was lucky to have a great fun job, made good money, worked with mainly great guys, had a awesome partner the last few years that knew me and would put up with me. But when its over..its over. I really enjoy where we are now.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2008 at 4:30pm
HW
I love coming to work most days, some bosses make it hard to come to work. But for the most part I really enjoy my job. As to enjoying life, I enjoy it as much as possible. Just get bored with not being able to use the boat or the snowmobile. This time of year really sucks for me, no snow and it's cold. But I am finding things to do around the house.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2008 at 5:52pm
Hey James...got lots to do around this house...c'mon down and help me out and we'll use the '80 and ride my motorcycles. You just might need a mid-winter break.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic