NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lost Lake Four-Man Foot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 12:04am
Ken- Next year I hope you can make it out more often than you did this summer. I know you've been busy with your new job and I'm glad that's going well for you. We'll get you going on some long line starts and there will be plenty of opportunity for multi skier runs behind the ol 86er. Tim is lookin for excuses for me upgrade the old girl, but I don't see any need for it. Bring on 5!
Bone stock and proud of it!

We're gonna get out there tomorrow morning, burn some 89 octane and rip up some glass
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Tim is lookin for excuses for me upgrade the old girl, but I don't see any need for it. Bring on 5!

If you expect me to barefoot any slower than 36, Im gonna have to go on a diet! Bring on some heads and an Acme prop!

Doesnt look like Ill be able to make it in the AM, Brad. Gotta get to work on time so I can jet back to CT early.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 11:06am
Thanks, Brad. I really appreciate the pulls earlier this year when I was boatless. My year would have been a complete bust without you and the 86er on crack. Thanks to you and Cheney for opening up your home and lake to us. I really miss Cheney's post-skiing cooking.

If and when we do a five person BF pull, we can give my boat a shot with the 540. I have a FlitePipe too. I've put a total of seven hours on my boat and it runs like a top!

Hope you have a great morning.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 11:10am
BTW, Brad, I'm very impressed with your 21 year old stock motor and stock prop pulling four, deep-water start footers. Truly amazing stuff. What brand of rocket fuel are you pumping?

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

BTW, Brad, I'm very impressed with your 21 year old stock motor and stock prop pulling four, deep-water start footers.

Well Ken is back, and 1/2 wrong. Keith looks like he started off a kneeboard and Larry stepped out of a ski. Nonetheless, still impressive.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 12:54pm
Hollywood is correct on how we started. Actually based on the solid pull we got doing three, the boat might have done four deep just fine. At the beginning of the evening we came up with the plan how we would start, thinking the boat wouldnt do four deep and just stuck with the plan despite the boats obvious but hidden strengths. We didnt have much time to experiment because we were running out of daylight. This living at the arctic circle really starts to suck this time of year.

Oh and note to Alan, since I am now chiming in for the first time. Although just to be cool is always an acceptable excuse, they are not shades to be cool. I wear swimming goggles over my contacts since I am rather blind and the lenses tend to get washed away.

Anyway, as the others have said, it was a great night out, lots of fun, good way to wrap up the season. At the end of last year, although it was a stretch, we said we would give the midwest boys a run for the money. With Keiths and Brads impressive progress this summer, I think we got their attention. I have a feeling the competition is going to get a bit intense next year...and Oh, I'm not forgetting the spur of the moment Lake Norman crew and their 6-man (does it count if you bring in ringers from all around the country?)

Sorry, long post.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Oh and note to Alan, since I am now chiming in for the first time. Although just to be cool is always an acceptable excuse, they are not shades to be cool. I wear swimming goggles over my contacts since I am rather blind and the lenses tend to get washed away.

That's alright Larry, you're still cool. I was wondering what happened when you went down with shades on. I had Lasik years ago and took care of that problem but I remember dropping off at the wrong dock at the end of a run many times.. Once again, you guys look great, keep it up for a couple more weeks if you can.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 2:20pm
Larry,

The midwest contingent has done 4 many times including 4 CCFan's like your line, I don't really count the 5 we did on my lake because it was being pulled by an MC plus 1 guy had shoes on. As far as Lake Norman the 5 was all CCfan's, Jbear, Quinner, Nautique John, Hollywood & Johnny + Reid P at the wheel for bonus points, the sixth man in was John's Buddy Eddie. I think the new challenge now is going to be length of run's plus tricks, like that wicked cool double tumble by You and Timmy. We still have a couple weeks to pull one out of the hat so let's see what happens.

5 behind Brad's boat is going to be a challenge, when we did the 5 behind the BFN on Norman it was no problem however when we added the sixth it really slowed down and was a challenge for my 210lbs, couldn't see a thing. I think the 206 can do 5 but it's going to be a bit slow, 6 only if all are under 200.

Great work by all and nothing like a good challenge!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

5 behind Brad's boat is going to be a challenge, when we did the 5 behind the BFN on Norman it was no problem however when we added the sixth it really slowed down and was a challenge for my 210lbs, couldn't see a thing. I think the 206 can do 5 but it's going to be a bit slow, 6 only if all are under 200.

Great work by all and nothing like a good challenge!!

See, Brad? Time for heads and a prop!

I agree, CQ- the 206 should pull 5. I believe my dad has pulled 3 behind his 196 and had a bunch of throttle left. A pylon/tower would help a bit too, I think.

Id still like to try 6 behind my boat- I just need to find the bodies!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 3:09pm
FWIW Beth drove the 4 man run with CQ's 206 and mentioned that it wasn't trying too hard.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 3:14pm
Larry- We'll try 4 deep next time.
Would be a pretty cool comparison to pull the same line up of skiers behind your boat, Tim and Keith's boat too.

Tim- I'll just clean up the points, bump the timing a couple degrees and get some 93 octane- we'll be fine.

Quinner- Have fun this weekend- Looking forward to some footin vids out of it!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Id still like to try 6 behind my boat- I just need to find the bodies!

Quinner...Didn't you say you were going to try to get out here to CT sometime soon. We'd be happy to have you join our line.    Bring along one more midwesterner to round out the six. It will still be a New England event tho, as it will be a New England boat and happening in NE, right???
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 6:01pm
Quinner,

If your going to head to CT, just drive through MI and we will take the BFN in tow.

Just got back from the lake both me and Jake got about an hour a piece of glass time footing this morning. Sorry no pics the wife had to work and, don't tell anyoen but we went with out a watcher. Fishermen were not happy to see us.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 8:16pm
Glad to hear it James. It's been 80 degrees and sunny here the past 2 days. Got out this morning for a few runs behind the boat. No fisherman, but we certainly woke up the people sleeping in the house on the island

Have a great weekend everyone
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 9:04pm
Brad,

I am sure the people on the island wanted to get up anyway. Just hope the warm spell lasts a little longer. As the lake has dropped a couple degrees.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 1:52pm
Hey guys the owner of the python that I just bought said he has had seven footers behind it at once. He did not say what size they were, but I don't think anyone is going to need to lose wait before GL next summer for a six man run.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 5:55pm
See below. I forgot how to use CCF.com already.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Hey guys the owner of the python that I just bought said he has had seven footers behind it at once.

Wait, what? Python that I just bought? I know I haven't been living on the moon that long, but did you buy another Python or did I mis-understand?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 8:09pm
Ken,

I tried buying a python in the beginning of August. That deal didn't work out do to the owner not being honest about the condition of the boat. I just went and looked at a 2000 air with the python in it this morning. Boat checked out and road good. Will be picking up on thursday when the guy gets back from Vegas. The lady at the bank was not in today, plus she could not have the paper work done on such short notice. So I only have one python.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 12:56pm
Ahh, very nice choice of boat. Did you sell the BFN? That boat is a workhorse!

I'm happy to see that you had a great year, James. Thanks again for the use of your boat at GL. That was a very enjoyable morning. Post a pic of your new ride when you get it.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 9:19pm
Ken,

The BFN is still in the garage. It's not going anywhere. MY wife said it was ok to keep both. I will for sure post a pic once I get it home. Although some of the improvements to the BFN are going to be pushed back a bit due to this purchase.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 10:25am
James
Did you pick up that pyhon in Waterford? I had posted one for sale on Watkins Lake.
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 7:52pm
Tull,

No this python was the one 79 mentioned on ebay, located on whittmore lake. Pick it up Thursday when the guy gets back from Vegas.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 8:00pm
Are you going to pack for the drive to Whitmore Lake. That has to be 20 miles, round trip
Can't wait to see it.
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 8:17pm
I think I will have to make a few stops along the way. Bathroom break, lunch, dinner. Very funny tull.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 12:00am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Quinner...Didn't you say you were going to try to get out here to CT sometime soon. We'd be happy to have you join our line. Bring along one more midwesterner to round out the six. It will still be a New England event tho, as it will be a New England boat and happening in NE, right???

Hopefully next summer, havn't made it back east in a few years now, that's where it all started for me!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 11:48am
Congratulations on your purchase, James. You're bringing it to GL next year, right? You have a loving and understanding wife to let you keep the BFN too. Bless her heart.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 7:46pm
Ken, my wife said to tell you thanks for your wonderful comments. She is wondeful, but I know keeping both will cost me something down the road. I was going to ask the group which boat they want me to bring next year to GL? But we will leave to wait until closer to GL.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2007 at 1:35am
Heyy tull, Ive been to hidden lake before to watch some ski shows. One of the guys on the Skibees wanted me as a double base skier for the pyrimids but i dont live there so that wouldent work. Id love to slalom on that lake. My lake(chapman) is about 5 minutes from there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic