NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello and Temperature Gauge?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
93 Ski Nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93 Ski Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello and Temperature Gauge?
    Posted: September-10-2004 at 12:18pm
Hello- I am a Correct Craft fanatic and owner of a 1993 Ski Nautique base boat. This looks like a GREAT site!

I have a question. My temperature gauge has spiked periodically and tapping the gauge face will bring it back to a normal reading. I have checked the connectors at the gauge and not found the problem. It seems like a bad gauge but the VDO gauge (100-220 degrees)no longer seems available.

Does anyone have advice and any way this gauge can be fixed or perhaps something else I should check? Someone else in here once posted about 93 boats with a similar problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2004 at 1:00pm
It sure does seem like a guage problem. Make sure the electrical connections, at the back of the gauge, are clean and tight.

You could try emailing or calling North Hollywood Speedometer (www.nhspeedometer.com). They repair VDO instruments and might be willing to attempt a repair on a marine gauge. Or, you could try fixing the gauge yourself. I am not familiar with that guage yet (I say yet because I just purchased a '93 ski that I will be picking up on the 18th), but you if like most marine gauges, they are more or less permanently sealed.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2004 at 2:04pm
I would check with mid-west correct craft or a different dealer in your area and they should have a direct replacement gauge.
dmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2004 at 8:42pm
What should the temperature read on the boat when running it? I have noticed it running cooler when running it faster, and hotter when putting along (which makes some sense, I assume the water is getting to the engine easier at the higher speeds). Thanks.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2004 at 5:49am
It sounds like your impeller might be warn. The temp should run between 140 and 180. It shouldn't vary more than about 15 deg. between cruise and idling around.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic