NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

100 boats at Muscatine show!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100 boats at Muscatine show!
    Posted: April-11-2007 at 11:50am
Just talked with Dave Moritz... they've got around 100 boats signed up for the Muscatine show!! and still over a month to go...

Make sure you check out the "gallery of boats"...there promises to be a very wide variety of classic stuff!!!...

right now I know of two or three Correct Crafts.. lets try to get some more...

Boat Show Gallery...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 12:06pm
Steve,

As of today we do plan to be there, I haven't signed up yet because I still have to finish the boat and I've got a bunch of work on the motorhome before our first trip. If the weather ever gets better I'll need 2 weekends and we'll be ready to go. I'd say we're 95% sure to make it.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 12:22pm
Cool!
Alan, if you need a "warm & dry" place to work on her ...bring it out some weekend! I can make room in my "toybox"

Let me know!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 1:18pm
Thanks for the offer Steve but I really only need 1 nice day and the boat will atleast be running.

I have a bunch of projects I've been wanting to do on the motorhome and the bad weather is just killing me for time. You know once the grass starts growing half of my weekend belongs to the better half and yardwork. You should see that list
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 3:31pm
Steve,

If per chance I happen to make it to Muscatine, would it be OK if I lock my motorbox shut? I'm suffering from bilge embarassment. Or, did your offer to clean include the engine compartment?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 3:58pm
Chuck,
I would LOVE to help you detail your engine compartment! I'll even buy the "rattle can overhaul" paint.. what color you want?

(btw, Im glad Im not a neighbor of yours... midnight?... barking dogs?.. Id get the shotgun out )
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 4:22pm
Steve,

I think a combo color for my engine would be good, something in a dust belt black with a hint of used Castrol 10-40.

Chuck

P.S. I'm not very good with shot guns, at least all the birds have been safe.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 12:10pm
Hey guys..
Talked with Dave Moritz yesterday and they now have 115 boats pre-registered for the show!!! LOTS of variety!!!

They are planning to have some time trials of 160mph capable boats Sat morning!!

Right now I know of 3 Correct Crafts , My 64, Alan-the magic man's 81 , and a guy from Iowa with a mid 60s mustang. Its a good start , but could use more! Again any mid 80,s and earlier are welcome!

Make sure you check out boats!

Boat Gallery
While your there, click on the "Events" tab to see a tentative schedule...

Chuck , you get my belt-dust paint yet?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 12:15pm
Steve,

We won't get in town until late friday night, probably find a walmart parking lot to sleep in on the way. Hook up with you on Saturday sometime.

Looked at the maps of the river and my boat may stay on the trailer, wing dams everywhere. Looks sort of hairy unless you know the area. I bumped off of 2 wing dams on the Illinois last summer and I thought I knew that river pretty good.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 1:53am
Had a great time at the boat show with Alan&Dana , Steve&Pam myself (Pat)&Wendy .They had a very large selection of wood and classic glass . inboards and out boards . They also had some vintage hydroplanes that ran on the water but it was very windy to open them up . They may have only reached about 80 or 90 mph . Steve And Pam were volunteering at the very organized event . Hopefully more of us can make it next year. Alan and Steve also had there boats there. A very good showing by the two .I do have several pictures but it may take me a bit to post them .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 9:37am
Sorry i missed it! Just picked up the motor Sat............next year!

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 3:11pm
Paul,
Glad to hear you got your motor back. Sorry you couldnt make it to Muscatine..It was a Great time! LOTS of boats of all types! I wish you could have heard the sound of the hydros Pat was talking about earlier.. Hard to descibe what a boat powered by a vintage 2200hp, V-12, WWII Allison aircraft engine sounds like! What a ride!

I hope Pat can get some pics posted...As he said, Pam and I were busy helping and didnt even get our camera out. (Got there at 6am...left at 10:30 that night..)

It was sure fun catching up with some of the 'ol Correct Craft gang ... Hope more can make it next year!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 4:01pm
Steve thanks again for letting us know about this, we had a great weekend even though we didn't get the boat in the water. They did a great job putting that event together in such a short time.

Hopefully next year they'll have a sanctioned APBA event that will keep the action going all day Saturday, I think that will really draw some people in.

One thing I can tell you is no matter were you go boat people are the best. The Muscatine Power boat club let us set up the motorhome on their property both friday and saturday night for the outragious fee of $1 per night. We had the whole grounds to ourselves and set up about 30 feet from the banks of the Mississippi. Woke up to about 80 pelicans lounging on a sand bar a stones throw from us. Great, much needed relaxing weekend.

Pat/Steve don't forget to let us know next time your running to the sandbar, we'd love to tow up and join you for a few cold ones.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 11:09pm
muscatine pics

It took me a while but I got some on here . Enjoy!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic