Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stringers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wilson View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stringers
    Posted: July-02-2004 at 5:24pm
Does anybody know if anybody sells pre-cut stringers for early Nautiques (I have a '79). Pulled up some of floor to find rot. Planning as project over winter. Are there any products out there that serve as a non-rotting replacement to wood stringers (platic, aluminum?)
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2004 at 2:29am
There was a previous post from someone... I can't remember who, but, they were going to wrap the rotten stringer, after using rot doc, with an aluminium channel where the motor mounts to them. By saying stringers, do you mean the lateral boards attached to the longitudinal ones? There should be two that run longways on either side of the keel, or center, and two shorter ones to the outside of those, then the stringers run perpindicular to those and are thinner and smaller.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2004 at 11:41am
polyhead,the engine & tranny are mounted to the "primary" stringres.the smaller ones to the outside of these would be the "secondary" stringers.the boards inbetween the stringers are called "bulkheads" we have 2.the bildge bulkhead,[in front of the ski pylon]and the forward bulkhead.then we have 4 secondary bulkheads between primary & secondary stringers.       
kenny g
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2004 at 1:02am
Hey that was me who used the aluminum...don;t do it! I wasted a lot of time. Just trim off the top of the fiberglass with a cutting wheel and dig out the wood as far back as you can and pour in epoxy. Try to get at least 8-10 inches of solid bond to the existing fiberglass. The fibergalss does all the work.

Should be able to do this with the engine and tranny in the boat.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic