NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some barefooting shots

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some barefooting shots
    Posted: December-21-2006 at 9:54pm
Lots of talk last summer about learning to barefoot or getting back into it. This might make you reconsider.

barefooting
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 7:00am
Hey - I've taken a few of those!
When your heels hit the back of your head, ya know it was a bad wreck!
Thanks for reminding me Larry, Nice video!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 7:58am
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Yeah, those are called scorpions. They'll stretch the abbs out pretty good. Funny thing about barefooting, after all the crashes you'll do it all over again the next weekend, the rush is too great to ignore.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 9:58am
Great videos, Larry. My Dad and I are going to fix up the CCF drop ski real soon. I'll post pics upon completion.

Ken
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 11:02am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Yeah, those are called scorpions. They'll stretch the abbs out pretty good. Funny thing about barefooting, after all the crashes you'll do it all over again the next weekend, the rush is too great to ignore.

All I get are the scorpion falls for whatever reason. I have some falling reflex hard-coded into my brain which must cause this fall every time. I've taken my back to the threshold of fracture/fusing on more than one occasion I'd reckon. I've done a pretty good job of ignoring the rush over the past couple years because of this.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 11:06am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

You've got it Alan.
When I bought the 84, my cousin went out and bought a boom.
We spent many, sun up to sun down, weekends hanging off that thing & getting the sh*t beat out of us.
(84 side spray )
I'd go to work on Monday am, barely able to walk & with a solid bruise from my calf to the top of my a$$!
But it was an addiction and you missed that Monday am feeling when you didn't get out on the weekend.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 11:17am
No pain no gain!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Great videos, Larry. My Dad and I are going to fix up the CCF drop ski real soon. I'll post pics upon completion.

Ken

Ken- make sure it's a bright color so we can see it after sunset on those late season nights
-Brad
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 6:08pm
ohhhh I miss barefooting... Come back summer!!!!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 11:06pm
Alan; Even after all these years, that 1st step-off of the season is a rush! I've always said its the second best feeling in the world.

Fantasy for '07: double run with Hollywood.

john

PS: Larry, wasn't it more fun in the "cut-off" days or am I just dreaming?

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

PS: Larry, wasn't it more fun in the "cut-off" days or am I just dreaming?

No jbear, you are not dreaming. Booms, 375 HP "air" boats, fancy wets suits, tumble turns and deepwater starts, and all that stuff are ok, but there was no greater feeling, back in 1972, than screaming down the lake behind the old 66 Mustang, dropping a ski, saying a prayer, holding on, and managing to keep going, pretty much totally out of control. There were two of us on the lake who could do it and it was quite a novelty and we were celebreties of a sort. Plus the satisfaction of teaching ourselves, because there was no one else around that could do it. I'll take that over what its all about today.

Larry and friend TJ, September 1972
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 10:42pm
Larry: Used those kinda pants myself in an earlier life. Mrs jbear threw 'em all away a few years ago. I couldn't agree more with your comment. But maybe its just because we are gettin' older. Sure was an awesome way to learn and it was cool being one of the very few guys around that could do it. Took me a whole summer of trying to step-off to finally get a short run. Boy was it worth it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic