NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Tow Vehicle on Order

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2021 at 3:40pm
Well I could always plug in at home but it was at work where my troubles usually began and I could not be late picking up our son at day care. After burning out glow plugs and fuses eventually I found out that much like you did JQ that it would fire right off if I towed it. One day found a piece of rope the line gang had thrown out,tied a loop on each end slipped it on the bumper and a buddies hitch. In less than 10 ft it would be running but.... he had to take at least 2 laps around the lot just because he could!
JQ talk about torque steer- that Rabbit had unequal drive shafts and because of that would pull to the right when slippery. Not quite a mile from home is almost a 1/2 mile grade and if it wasn't plowed yet I'd have to start going up it in the other lane because if I didn't by the time I got to the top I'd be in the ditch. As it was I would end up on the right hand shoulder. 
We also had your cousin-

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2021 at 8:15pm
My first Diesel was a GM 6.2L in a Suburban, 140 HP and maybe 245 TQ, got good MPG but had very little power, with the boat on the back it was a toad, took forever to get up to hwy speed.  We drove it 14years.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 8:40am
Oh by the way my '04 Jetta has over 320,000 mi and in the spring I picked up a new to me '14 Passat TDI (LOVE IT)

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Gary only 40.3 at an average 28mph ??  My VW gets 38 at 80 mph. 100 mi round trip commute 98% highway
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 9:12am
Mr Quest, those Audi 5000 were super cool euro stuff back in day. I always thought chics would dig them. Wasn’t that the Quattro too
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 1:39pm
Paul the highest I've seen on the road not towing so far was 38, the above being city driving. I have to keep perspective- the Avy would have been getting 12. 
It will be interesting what JQ gets on the truck,I'm sure it will beat the Avalanche with ease
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Paul the highest I've seen on the road not towing so far was 38, the above being city driving. I have to keep perspective- the Avy would have been getting 12. 
It will be interesting what JQ gets on the truck, I'm sure it will beat the Avalanche with ease

MPG
Well the rig has over 500 miles on it already.  I haven't filled it up yet as the long-bed has a 48 gallon fuel tank.  I may need a 2nd mortgage when I have to fill it.  According to the Ford factory "trip computer" this beast gets 18+ MPG around town.  This assumes no warm-up idle for 10 minutes in my garage.  On the freeway today (I-15 and I-80) I got 23-24 MPG on cruise at 65 MPH.  At 70-72 MPH, the mileage dropped down to 21 MPG.  The real test will come when I tow the Ski Nautique down to the lake.  THAT is the number I'm interested in.  Anyway, not too shabby for a 7,500 pound truck.  

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2021 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Mr Quest, those Audi 5000 were super cool euro stuff back in day. I always thought chics would dig them. Wasn’t that the Quattro too

Chicks dig big German cars.  My 5000 wasn't a Quattro, but the Q was very cool.  My wife (back then she was my girlfriend) loved the Euro cars I drove.  I was importing "gray-market" cars over from Germany.  My cousin owned a shop in northern Germany and would send me gray-market cars regularly.  I always had a Porsche, Audi, BMW or Mercedes as my daily-driver.  I even had a Peugeot 505 for a few months.  My wife LOVED the Peugeot.  Go figure...

JQ

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2021 at 8:50am
She probably thought Peugeot sounded sexy rolling off your tongue
But those trunks were weird with the hump. Kinda cool grill
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2021 at 6:39pm
My 2014 JGC Ecodiesl still going strong at 230Klms. Flash tuned when warranty expired at 100K to disable EGR. Fitted crankcase Provent catch can at around 50K to minimize crankcase oil reaching inlet manifold,intercooler and turbo. All emissions equipment still installed.
I plan to keep this vehicle going as long as I can as Jeep no longer bring the diesel option in any of their vehicles to Australia Cry

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic