NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel tank line replacement..

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel tank line replacement..
    Posted: December-29-2020 at 5:48pm
I'm ramping up on parts given the access I'll have with the shaft replacement. Is the line at the tank 3/16th's? Nothing in the PCM manual, as I suspect its just stock line the factory uses during assembly. Pics would be good too, as I misplaced the thread that just discussed this. Thanks, MS
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 6:36am
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

I'm ramping up on parts given the access I'll have with the shaft replacement. Is the line at the tank 3/16th's? Nothing in the PCM manual, as I suspect its just stock line the factory uses during assembly. Pics would be good too, as I misplaced the thread that just discussed this. Thanks, MS

Since you seem to ask questions in this thread and others without mentioning things like what the boat/engine are, you should probably have an avatar and a signature line that says in every post what you have 

Unless for some reason you think everybody knows what you have or will do a search and figure out that it's a 96  SN with a gt40 engine. Wink

I'd get some USCG approved  3/8 line though. 

A1-10  or A1-15 designation hose more than covers you requirement wise on the supply side of the LP fuel pump 

Here's a link to some of that stuff, with some info as you scroll down in the link.

You can probably find better pricing with a little searching

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 10:36am
Thank The Buddha we've got Ken policing our posts for accuracy of included info ;-)

hehe...

Thanks man!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 11:09am
I've found SKIDIm to have the best price on fuel line.  Pick up some plastic hangers at NAPA or splurge and get the nice metal and rubber ones from McMaster Carr.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Pick up some plastic hangers at NAPA or splurge and get the nice metal and rubber ones from McMaster Carr.

A good hardware store like Ace will also have them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 6:43pm
I'd bet that one of those big box stores like Home Depot has the same clamps too 

They might be cheap  and inferior to the McMaster ones though.

They're everywhere Wink
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I'd bet that one of those big box stores like Home Depot has the same clamps too 

As of this last October, I've switched pitching to a different company. 

I'm now one of the "helpful hardware folks" 

Big smile

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 8:35pm
What is amazing about McMaster Carr, other than they have everything that you need is I can order a bag of hose hangers at 5PM and they are delivered the next day by noon.  How do they do that? 
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 9:26pm
I drove over to the one here in Elmhurst about a week ago- I'm not telling Pete anything new but the place is huge. They are pouring more footings as well- looks to be adding on 1/3rd as much.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2020 at 10:43pm
You guys crack me up! 

So, I'm fairly well sourced for my project and may have found a buddy of mine that'll take on a couple of days work this winter in a nice toasty shop in the finger lakes :-) Easy haul up there from my hut.

ARE Shaft will be here in a week and got a nice phone call today from SKIDim. Got plenty of 5200 and enough packing for the shaft and rudder. Cutlass bearing in-hand, and will have fuel line next week.

Since we'll be in the shop, likely swap out the wheel hubs on the trailer so we're road-trip ready. I can overhaul the existing ones on the bench for spares.

I'll wait till I'm summarized for a few of the small items...switch breakers, and the usual spring tune-up items. 

I'd planned on doing the drivers seat skins, so I'll look into the heated mats. Good option for those of us w/o heaters...yet ;-)

I had an MB wagon years ago with a heated wheel...my wife LOVED it. Good call there....

Stay tuned...It's April before we know it!

Mark
1996 SN Signature GT-40

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 5:16am
Hey.............nice signature line Wink  

While you're doing that stuff, it would probably be good to pull out the anti siphon valve and the in tank suction line to check for junk.

if you do, they'll probably be in good shape.............but if you don't, they'll turn around and bite you right at the least convenient time to have engine issues.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 5:23am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

As of this last October, I've switched pitching to a different company. 

I'm now one of the "helpful hardware folks" 

Big smile

A short 5 minute or so drive from home?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 8:12am

Hey.............nice signature lineĀ Wink

While you're doing that stuff, it would probably be good to pull out the anti siphon valve and the in tank suction line to check for junk.

if you do, they'll probably be in good shape.............but if you don't, they'll turn around and bite you right at the least convenient time to have engine issues.

Funny you mention that, as I was thinking grabbing that valve as I was at Skidim. I know I have to fish out that gas cap chain screw that dropped down the filler neck this past fall :-(

Ultra...
1996 SN Signature GT-40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic