Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Wildcat parting out

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
anotherboatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anotherboatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 Wildcat parting out
    Posted: November-11-2020 at 1:57pm
I'm sneaking up on 80 years old and am giving up on the restoration of my '69 wildcat.  Would like to sell all in one bundle.  I have the original chrysler 440 engine with complete overhaul, .030 overbore, new pistons, rings, bearings, stainless valves, .010/.010 forged crank, etc.and original 72c transmission  All original externals, dual raw water pump, etc.   New log style exhaust manifolds. I also have the original prop13x16, shaft, rudder and post, strut, stuffing box.  Original lights, air horn, blower, glove box.  Power blue hull is rough but restorable if you have the patience, good windshield, a few gauges, seat frames etc.  Fuel tank from a ski supreme.  Original trailer with new tongue.  Would prefer selling as a package deal.  Located in VA.  Taking offers.
anotherboatnut
tleed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tleed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2020 at 7:19pm
We should talk. I have a 1974 Southwind 18. Two weeks ago I hit a massive tree on Claytor Lake (close to Pulaski, VA), & wrecked my prop & prop shaft. So I’m in need of a few parts, including the bracket on the bottom that holds the prop. It got bent sideways.

Given that I’m not far down the highway, I’d like to know what parts you have, whether they’re compatible, and what you’d like to get for what you have.

Being a Mopar fan, getting my hands on a 440 is terribly tempting as well.

Can you call me? I forget how to send my phone w/o posting it on the web.

Thomas DeBusk
Thomas

1974 Southwind 18 with 318 cubic inches of reverse rotation roller cam "Moparvation"
tleed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tleed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2020 at 7:19pm
Is this a secure message?
Thomas

1974 Southwind 18 with 318 cubic inches of reverse rotation roller cam "Moparvation"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by tleed tleed wrote:

We should talk. 

Can you call me? I forget how to send my phone w/o posting it on the web.

Thomas DeBusk

You could PM Erik via the link in his profile. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 8:43am
Very few running gear parts will interchange between the wildcat and Southwind, very different boats.
anotherboatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anotherboatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2020 at 11:26am
Thomas
Here's a photo of my Wildcat orginal 440
Erik

anotherboatnut
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2020 at 8:10am
Looks awesome!  Any pictures of the hull?  Thumbs Up
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2020 at 8:34am
Hello Virginians, I am almost 1/2 way between you two in Roanoke.  Good to "meet" ya!  

When COVID get less crazy in our area, a mini-reunion is due!  Thumbs Up
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2020 at 8:41am
Wow very nice boat nut
tleed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tleed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2020 at 10:06am
Yes, there should be a meeting. I suppose you go to Smith Mountain Lake?
Thomas

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2020 at 10:16am
Yup!  Hardy...

I bet you are at Claytor?  Bought our first '92 Nautique from Conrad Brothers on Claytor.  Love those guys!
Tommyboy1904 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommyboy1904 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 7:49pm
do you still have the rudder?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic