Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Props for 95 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SteveHookEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Props for 95 SN
    Posted: September-19-2015 at 11:10am
I want to get an additional prop for my 95 SN to keep just in case. Can someone describe the differences and what gains and benefits I'll get from each? I'm confused about the different pitches.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by SteveHookEm SteveHookEm wrote:

I want to get an additional prop for my 95 SN to keep just in case. Can someone describe the differences and what gains and benefits I'll get from each? I'm confused about the different pitches.

Steve,
In the maintenance section, go to the FAQ thread. There are great links to issues as well as props. Plenty of testing has been done along with the results. If you can't find the results you are looking for, get back to us.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 12:25pm
Sorry to be such an idiot--I promise I'm not new to the internet and searching---but I cannot find anything in that FAQ ever. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I see many topics listed but nothing about props other than installing or $10 prop puller.

I'm not interested in more top speed---it's fine as-is. And the pull is nice too. I'm looking for a "general purpose, everyday running" prop. I have a four blade prop on her now. I can't see any marking to tell me which one however.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 12:57pm
I didn't see anything either Steve. Tim has done a lot of prop testing over the years,when he sees this I'm sure he'll comment. As to what size you have on now,many modern props have the size stamped on to the hub,you need to remove the nut to see it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 2:12pm
ACME Props:
422 is standard issue for a 351W and PCM 1.23:1 transmission.

654 is very close to the 422, but lower in pitch by 1/2" and will give you a bit more hole-shot

1868 is 1 1/4" lower in pitch than the 442 and will be very strong on hole-shot. Watch out that you don't over-rev with this prop.

What prop are you running now? What RPM are you pulling at wide-open-throttle?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 10:19am
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 10:34am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tim,
We need a link in the FAQ for your prop expertise.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2015 at 2:30pm
Ordered the 422 from Delta Prop. Great price to start, $20 off discount coupon and free shipping = $367 delivered! My prop repair guy just told me that it is less than he can get it from his wholesaler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 2:06pm
Wow! What a huge improvement over my OJ prop that was on the boat. The Acme 422 has much more hole shot pull and 3 MPH higher on the top. And is just smoother overall throughout the power band.

I never thought I'd be able to tell that much difference!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tim - a good idea has been presented here. Could you perhaps do a quick write-up that discusses props and then provides your recommended prop for different models of Correct Craft boats? If you do that we can put a link in the FAQ. You could do so here or make a completely new thread.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic