Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 Senders, 1 Gauge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
80SN Barnfind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80SN Barnfind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Senders, 1 Gauge
    Posted: June-29-2015 at 2:53pm
So I replaced the fuel sending unit in my 80SN a few seasons ago and it worked flawlessly for a year and a half. Mid season last year it began to read only 1/2 when it was actually full...wtf?   I go thru the whole wiring gig, checking resisitance, good ground, shunt the gauge...all the checks and all good, have no idea what gremlins are causing this.... we finish the season with trusty 'ol dipstick.   

Over this past weekend I figure I'll go thru it all again and pull the sending unit and replace if needed. As you all know the space is tight, visibility is limited and you have to remove a few things to get to the sender, slight pita. I dig in and I'm guiding the sender up and out and it gets to a certian point and stops, so I turn it, change the angle and try again, still caught somehow. .... After further investigation I find the remnants of an old float hanging on the end of the one I'm trying to remove!

Took a while to fish the old one out, but the best part of the story is that it still worked!

Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic