NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are these? :)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are these? :)
    Posted: March-17-2015 at 12:26pm
So i'm piddling around at the office this morning and my boat isn't here for reference so I'm trying to identify plugs. Nothing was hooked up on my boat/old motor when I bought it so some of this will be on a learning curve for me. If anybody has pictures of their GT40 harness all hooked up that would help as well. I found the wiring diagrams for the boat, dash, and what not but nothing that identifies these.

I know the big plug here is in the hull and main my harness to the motor... Not worried about that one.
What are the two other ones?

Then there are these two that aren't hooked up to anything.

And then there are these... I believe these go to the two little terminals on the top of the trans. I'm sure if there is an orientation for them or if they can go on either side.
nuke_mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuke_mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2015 at 12:53pm
I am not 100% sure, but based upon my experience so far, the boat has a "generic" wiring harness put in it to accommodate pretty much anything option wise. I have looked at the ones for my boat and there are leads for docking lights, other interior lights, others that are not connected to anything cause mine does not have those installed. I have noticed a few in the engine bay too, but that maybe to accommodate the ZR6 motor and any sensors that motor has that my EX 343 does not.   

So those maybe wires that would go to the other transmission/motor gauge option for that year?   
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2015 at 2:03pm
Well, this is the actual motor harness and more than likely a ford product rather than PCM or Nautique.... But, that can also mean the same thing in the opposite direction. I.E. the motor harness was made for a truck that has different needs than a boat. A/C, Heat, Transmittion, ETC...

jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2015 at 5:00pm
Shared files from OneDrive http://1drv.ms/1FwUtWA

Dig in the photos and zoom. Everything is labeled on the wires. If you can't find one pm me and we can Skype in front of both boats to follow the wires.

http://1drv.ms/1FwUtWA
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2015 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by jhersey29 jhersey29 wrote:

Shared files from OneDrive http://1drv.ms/1FwUtWA

Dig in the photos and zoom. Everything is labeled on the wires. If you can't find one pm me and we can Skype in front of both boats to follow the wires.

http://1drv.ms/1FwUtWA

Thank you very much... This helped quite a bit.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 7:00pm

The one closest to the palm of my hand with the orange seal/ring is the only one I haven't been able to identify yet.

The previous picture link was a huge help.
jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 7:57pm
I have my finger on the one I think it is. The other 2 wires in your bundle match that same bundle on mine. The brownish one with the small black rubber connector doesn't go to anything on mine. The plastic connector is connected and the remaining wire appears to connect to the 60amp breaker with the red and orange wire. I think we're looking at the same wires. Starboard side by the fuel pressure regulator? Would be scary to mess up anything on a 60 amp breaker.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 9:08pm
Yep, Looks to be the same bundle... But, I went through your pictures and looked at the two additional wiring harnesses I have here and none have that plug? Just my new to me motor/harness.

Weird.

I'm headed out but I will see if I can better some pictures with better light before I leave town.

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 9:42pm
Trey is it a purple wire ??

If so it maybe the EEC power wire PCM did a retrofit of this circuit. Deleting a fuse in battery box with the wiring running to ECM at rear of engine. What year boat did the GT40 come from it may have still been running original fuse in battery box.

Have a look at this thread GT40 EEC Wiring Retrofit
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 9:53pm
I'll look when I'm back at the motor...

Motor is a 98 and boat is a 2000.

jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Treybizttu Treybizttu wrote:

Yep, Looks to be the same bundle... But, I went through your pictures and looked at the two additional wiring harnesses I have here and none have that plug? Just my new to me motor/harness.

I tried to find a matching connector like yours with the orange circle on that wire and couldn't find anything that looked like it. Color of the covered wire would definitely help. The only thing close in shape was the connector for the fuel injector wiring harness to the main wiring harness.   That however has 3 wires I believe and is about twice the size. The boat in my pictures is a 1999. Next week I should be out on a buddies model year 2001 with GT-40 and will see if I can see anything if you don't resolve it by then with other members taking a peak at their motors.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2015 at 11:40am
My buddy is at the shop at some point today so he is supposed to get me a better picture, trace it back, and tell me what color wire it is.

I did find this other photo on my phone this morning. But, my phone is junk and I can't take a picture to save my life.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2015 at 2:06pm
The wire going into the plug is dark brown. I need to see if we can trace it back to a specific breaker or relay.

It looks like the connector in Lewy's retrofit thread so I wonder if it's the secondary EEC power supply and just different color?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2015 at 7:35pm
Oops, it was dark enough purple to look brown to my buddy.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 1:29am
Followed your right up Lewy and it worked perfect!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Treybizttu Treybizttu wrote:

And then there are these... I believe these go to the two little terminals on the top of the trans. I'm sure if there is an orientation for them or if they can go on either side.

This looks like the neutral safety switch wires I know that. You already got it started, so looks like I'm late to the party. Yup, they are interchangeable, meaning either could go to either post on the switch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic