NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Impeller lubricant?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2015 at 6:38pm
Lately for water ski bindings we have been using hair conditioner. A little remains so taking off a tight binding is easier as well.Some use shaving cream, some a mild dish soap. Nothing is petroleum based!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

and no, I would not expect an air leak to show up as a water leak with the engine off.

I agree since without the engine running, the delta P is equal inside to outside. With it running, the delta P is less inside than out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2015 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

John B didn't spend too much time on it

Peter,
I feel I've figured out you problem!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2015 at 8:56pm
Just replaced mine and it was bad with 45 hours.. Sorry no pics
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2015 at 10:10pm
Our 95 was sucking air initially. It was the seal on the water filter cover. It does not take much to pull air rather than water and air will flow through holes that water may not leak from.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2015 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

and no, I would not expect an air leak to show up as a water leak with the engine off.

I agree since without the engine running, the delta P is equal inside to outside. With it running, the delta P is less inside than out.

Really? i figured there would be a little bit of pressure inside that hose due to water just wanting the fill the cavity of the boat if the hose wasn't connected to the strainer.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2015 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Really? i figured there would be a little bit of pressure inside that hose due to water just wanting the fill the cavity of the boat if the hose wasn't connected to the strainer.

It's a open system. The only pressure past the RWP is from restriction and head. Not much head since 27" equals 1 PSI.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic