NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looks like my riser gaskets are leaking

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Man, this rig sounds like a headache. Time to wash your hands and upgrade. I'll take it off your hands.

And time for a Y pipe.

I would love a "Y" pipe.

We will be upgrading in about 4 years. I'm getting a new car next year, then once that's paid off, we upgrade to a new boat.

So far this riser fix will only be costing about $70, not including the materials for the muffler.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 11:28pm
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 11:41pm
Reason #10001 for old boats. No mufflers equals no muffler repair.
LPSL. (&$)
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 11:07am
Getting the boat back today from the upholstery lady and I'll be putting the risers back on. I just want to make sure I am correct in that the port to block off is the rear port on the top of the exhaust manifold correct?

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 1:22pm
JP,
Yes, you are correct that the port blocked is the aft port. Don't forget the pictures!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 9:46pm
Got the boat back late this evening. I managed to get the risers on. I cleaned the surfaces and mounted the gaskets. I purchased a small tube of the gasket maker, but literally only got like an inch worth of material out of it. The brand new tube was empty. Go figure.

So I put the gaskets on dry and torqued the bolts to 24 ft lbs. Oh yeah, I also put anti-seize on the threads.

I'll put the rest of the exhaust back on later this week.

Also had the carpet replaced and some holes put into the bimini to allow for my fly high to mount and still have shade.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

I purchased a small tube of the gasket maker, but literally only got like an inch worth of material out of it. The brand new tube was empty. Go figure.

JP,
That's how Autozone sells it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic