Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop Puller

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
PNALEWAJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PNALEWAJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop Puller
    Posted: November-09-2013 at 12:16pm

I Need to have the prop on my '87 Ski Nautique repaired. I'm looking to buy a prop puller if someone out there has one they no longer need, let me know.
Thanks.
Corvette Pete
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2013 at 12:43pm
Pete, its usually hard to find used prop pullers because they are a useful tool and people beat the crap out of them. I offer new pullers from Acme. C clamp style and harmonic style.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2013 at 1:46pm
Where are you? Maybe someone with one is nearby.
PNALEWAJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PNALEWAJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2013 at 2:09pm

That would be cool... I'm in Thompson, CT. Right on the Mass boarder.
Corvette Pete
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2013 at 4:53pm
I'm up in Shrewsbury MA just off of RT 9 and have the harmonic style (the one you beat with a hammer). Got mine off my 87 pretty easily and I don't think it had ever been off before.
PNALEWAJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PNALEWAJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:08am

Hi Mark,

How much did you have to "beat it"? I'm a little worried about possible damage to the shaft or trans.
Corvette Pete
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:42am
It needed about a dozen good hard whacks to get it to pop off. I used a 4 lb hammer to hit it with but hard is a relative term, you cant really wind up on it because your laying on the ground and you need to be careful that you don't hit the rudder but it did take a good amount of force to free it up. Mine had probably not ever been off, or certainly hadn't been off in the last 6 or 7 years while the PO had it and it was on there really tight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic