Forum Name: Gear Wanted
Forum Discription: Wanted water sports gear
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31976
Printed Date: May-29-2024 at 5:28pm

Topic: Prop Puller
Posted By: PNALEWAJK
Subject: Prop Puller
Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 12:16pm

I Need to have the prop on my '87 Ski Nautique repaired. I'm looking to buy a prop puller if someone out there has one they no longer need, let me know.
Thanks.

-------------
Corvette Pete

Replies:
Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 12:43pm
Pete, its usually hard to find used prop pullers because they are a useful tool and people beat the crap out of them. I offer new pullers from Acme. C clamp style and harmonic style.

-------------

Posted By: mark c
Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 1:46pm
Where are you? Maybe someone with one is nearby.

Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 2:09pm

That would be cool... I'm in Thompson, CT. Right on the Mass boarder.

-------------
Corvette Pete

Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 4:53pm
I'm up in Shrewsbury MA just off of RT 9 and have the harmonic style (the one you beat with a hammer). Got mine off my 87 pretty easily and I don't think it had ever been off before.

Date Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:08am

Hi Mark,

How much did you have to "beat it"? I'm a little worried about possible damage to the shaft or trans.

-------------
Corvette Pete

Date Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:42am
It needed about a dozen good hard whacks to get it to pop off. I used a 4 lb hammer to hit it with but hard is a relative term, you cant really wind up on it because your laying on the ground and you need to be careful that you don't hit the rudder but it did take a good amount of force to free it up. Mine had probably not ever been off, or certainly hadn't been off in the last 6 or 7 years while the PO had it and it was on there really tight.

Print Page | Close Window