Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 signature series shower?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1995 signature series shower?
    Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:40am
Hello again all.
I have been doing some research on the 95 signature series boat and noticed everything says it came from the factory with a shower? Does anyone have photos of what it looks like or what they have made DIY for a shower? Where are you hooked up to is it worth it etc.
It's not something i have to have but if it's not too hard to make it work it would sure be great to have. I have a make shift shower on the outside of my camper but the water is luke warm and if i can make a hot shower from my boat mama would sure be happier to stay at the lake a few more days.
Thanks for your help
Rick
cooperlacy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 2:29am
My 95 signature has an originally-equipped shower. There is basically an RV water pump located on the port side of the motor. It draws hot water from the rear port block plug and cold water from a splice in the raw water line. The hot and cold lines feed to a garden hose 'Y' splitter used as a mixing valve. After mixing, the hose goes to the pump and then back to a garden hose type sprayer for the shower head.

Honestly, the only time I use it is when we ski very early or very late in the year when water temp is 55 deg. or below. Then I'll use the shower to get feeling back in my feet. I use the heater far, far more. Personally, unless my boat already had the shower, I wouldn't spend the money on it.

I don't have any pictures now, but can snap some this weekend if you're still interested.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 11:52am
Well Said! The only thing I would add is the boat motor needs to be running to maintain the shower water hot temp and flow.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:16pm
I don't know about not using it much I'll start using mine around now(39* this morning) untill the end of the season, then again in the spring.
I would say that where the factory put the mixer valve was a PITA to use and get at so I retro fitted mine to a more usable spot.
I made a better set of valves cut in a access port where I can reach it from the swim platform fill the wetsuit with warm water then jump in. When I get out same thing warm up with warm water.

Here is the mixer valve I made and installed in the bilge.

Flip up the back seat for access. pull out the shower handle and tell the driver to turn on the pump that easy.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:25pm
I use my shower a lot. Fill up the wetsuit and also a cooler for my boots and gloves in drysuit season.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:11pm
Paul, nice installation!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Paul, nice installation!

+1 - that is serious shower bling
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 3:04pm
Very nice set-up with the mixer controls! I relocated mine right on top of the pump (inside motor box), but I might have to do something like yours after seeing it. The main reason I relocated mine was that when you made an adjustment it took almost a minute to feel the temp change at the shower head. With 30' of exta hose the water was scalding hot by the time I realized I had opened up the hot water too much.

Paul, do you have a check valve in the line between the raw water line and the pump? My original one was disintegrated and I haven't been happy with the replacements I have used. Being on the suction side of the pump I think it has a difficult time opening even with the lowest cracking pressure check valves I have tried.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 3:29pm
The cold supply should not be on the suction side.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 5:14pm
newbie question... how is the pump turned on? is it by one of the accessory breaker/switches at the helm? My 94 has the shower installed, but I haven't figured it out yet.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The cold supply should not be on the suction side.

My '95 was originally installed from CC this way. Paul, was yours originally hooked up before the raw water pump?

Where do most people tap into after the RWP?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by cooperlacy cooperlacy wrote:

after the RWP

Before the thermo housing
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

after the RWP

Before the thermo housing

X2 The supplys should be on a pressure side not suction.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

newbie question... how is the pump turned on? is it by one of the accessory breaker/switches at the helm? My 94 has the shower installed, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Yes, the pump is turned on by an accessory switch on the dash. The pump also has a pressure switch that turns it off after it reaches its set point (40 psi IIRC). Then it's ready to go the next time you use the spray wand.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 9:17pm

Yes, the pump is turned on by an accessory switch on the dash. The pump also has a pressure switch that turns it off after it reaches its set point (40 psi IIRC). Then it's ready to go the next time you use the spray wand.

Ahh, I thought it was weird to have to turn it on and off at the dash for use at the back of the boat.    Thanks
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Paul, nice installation!

+2

Have a shower in my 98 Sport also. It did come from Lake Tahoe so I guess a heater and shower are standard for their short season.

Use the heater a lot early and late in the season down under. The shower only ever gets used on the last few trips as the water temps drop significantly. Adjusting from under dog house is a pain. Usually get the scalding water as it takes a while to get back to the shower head. May have to move mixer valve closer to shower head and in a more convenient spot.

Thanks for the pics Paul.    
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 11:59pm
WOW!!! super clean instal gun-driver. that look very usable and just pleasing to the eye! i noticed the pump next to the engine and turned it on a few times wondering what it was for and i think the owners before me was using it as a ballast system pump...lol
I really like your set up and if you don't mind i'm gonna try and replicate it the best i can.
Thanks again for all the help fellas.
For my first nautique i absolutely love this thing just trying to get familiar with as much of it as possible.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 11:31am
Paul can u show some more photos of where your pump is and where its connected
thanks
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 12:33pm
Kirk
My Sig edition came with it mounted under the motor cover on the port side but if you don't have enough room there you could mount it anywhere you wanted.

Since everybody liked that I'll take it a bit further. I also upgraded the pump with an ag-spray pump for more GPH, and installed a water filter since the rivers can get pretty grody. It's nice to shower off at the end of the day with clean water.
Pics to follow.

Here's the filter install. It’s a Cuno whole house filter I had taken out of the house system. The mount was made of 1/4" Plexiglas and aluminum strapping. I lined the inside of the mount with foam window insulation for vibration. The looped extra hose is to allow you to pull it out to change filters. It was mounted just aft of the combing pad on the port side behind the seat back.

This is the pump I upgraded too. The original pumps diaphragm was shot so I upgraded to 3.5 GPH. I believe the stock was 1.2 GPH.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/high-flo-12-volt-ag-sprayer-pump-5275088
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 6:26pm
Great set up!
I just bought the 3.5 pump. Now to get it all hooked up. Did your boat have that access under the seat?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

Did your boat have that access under the seat?

No I added that. Did you get your daughter a wake board yet??
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 10:23pm
Yes found one on CL just last week should be here Tue !
Also just bought a couple of access holes
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 11:02pm
Kirk what I did is I mounted the valve manifold to a piece of ¼” Plexiglas that I mounted to the bolts from the strut.(first picture in first post)
I centered the port as best I could to be in the middle of the rear seat base but still over the valves.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic