Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What type of trans is this?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What type of trans is this?
    Posted: April-07-2013 at 9:26pm
Maker? Is this type a direct drive? Best way to change fluid? Is there a screen ,any where?

Thanks and Happy Spring!
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 9:31pm
Borg warner 1:1 direct velvet drive. there is a screen on the bottom port for the cooler line. Also where you can change the fluid. look in the reference section there is a service manual for this tranny there.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 9:47pm
Thanks you so much HatterBee! I see people saying to pump it out.. So, I was wondering... Now did they make any changes to the fluid?

TYPE =-----A? fluid? Or is it called something else now?

Thanks again...

They say to change this trans fluid 1 time per year...?
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 10:04pm
Dexron III is the current stuff you'll want to use.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 10:58pm
I use a Turkey Baster to draw out the transfluid from the dip stick area. I picked up a plastic one just for this job.
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 11:43pm
Linda,

I have a pump that I can lend if you are near. Where in NY are you?? I'm in Scotia, near Schenectady/Albany.

Todd
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 7:27am
Lin,
Some have reported that an old cosmetic bottle pump will work too. It just takes some pumping to get the roughly quart of fluid out. Just make sure you don't loose the plastic dip tube down the dip stick hole.

BTW, since you don't know when the fluid has been changed and it may still have type A in it, I suggest two fluid changes. Do one, run it for an hour or two and then do the second one. Type A is compatible with III but you just what to get as much of the better stuff in as possible.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 10:04am
Very kind of you to offer,, Just too far though... Western ny..
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 10:08am
8122. ty I would think that it has been changed,, The previous owner took real good care of the boat...It looked real clean and had no oder from last season.. As always thanks again for your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic