NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Lift's - Preferred Manufacturer?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Lift's - Preferred Manufacturer?
    Posted: October-15-2012 at 4:41pm
We have had a Shorestation in the water for about as long as I've been alive. My parents just bought a used higher capacity Shorestation for my Dad's Mastercraft.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2012 at 3:49pm
Here is a pic of my dock with My 88 2001 on the right and my 79 mustang 17 on the left, It has a floating dock attached as well it is 1015 sqft
I am on Lake Wylie in NC what lake are you on ??

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

and the air in / air out type.

OK, now I understand! Your first post stated water in/out but now your are saying air in and out so, that sure means a "floater" to me!!

It's all in how you look at it Pete! It's still water in/out. What happens when you pump the air in?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 10:09pm

and the air in / air out type.

OK, now I understand! Your first post stated water in/out but now your are saying air in and out so, that sure means a "floater" to me!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 9:47pm
Those accross the cove are grandfathered. The lifts are a combination of true hoists and the air in / air out type.

No "structural" roofs are permitted going forward either - all must be canvas/fabric.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 9:14pm
I saw that too Pete but it almost looks like there are pilings on that side? Maybe they are grandfathered on that side or the rules are different there?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

NCH20, did you happen to notice the lifts across from you? What are they using? Do they like them?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 8:56pm
Hmm...how's that one above work with an inboard and with our shark fins?

In any event, you can't put a canopy on it!
NEDLUTZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEDLUTZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 8:15pm
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 7:03pm
NCH20, did you happen to notice the lifts across from you? What are they using? Do they like them?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 6:40pm
I have a polylift. I like it better than the hydrohoists as the tanks are much thicker and the metal work is stronger. That said, the new hydrohoists also have thick plastic tubes as opposed to the old fiberglass tubes, so I think they are comparable. We have hydrohoists in my area that are old fiberglass and are still working at 25 or 30 years old. Econolift, and Galvalift are two other common freefloating docks in our area.

I don't know if there are any current hydraulic systems. One of the neighbors out hear started building them about 15 years ago. He made 20 or 30 of them and then a divorce kind of blew up his plans. A garden
hose was hooked to the hydraulics. They require more frequent haulout than the air filled lifts, but they are much quieter.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 6:18pm
the nice thing about hydrohoists is the ability to change your oil on the water just as if on the trailer, use a hydroslide and put it under with oil drain pan and drain oil, carefully so you don't spill any, of course.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 4:48pm
Peter
The beauty here is that this can stay in year round as the ice does not exist in NC. Swatinz I fully expect your SN to be tied up here one week-end for some family enjoyment
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 4:37pm
I have an econolift and love it. Air in to lift and air out to lower. I think they have dealers all over. Lift
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 4:36pm
I will try to attach some pic's of the dock while under construction.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 4:06pm
Interesting on the the jetdock issues....I'd bet interested in the manufactures take...those are NOT inexpensive!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 4:02pm
Mark,
Check your links. Nether work!

BTW, I have two friends that tried the Jet docks. Nothing but problems!! Yes, both said it was easy to drive on but getting the boat off was a different story.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:54pm
Greg, you have better options than a hydrohoist...

If it were me, and it's not, I would choose one of these in a heartbeat:

Drive on, crank off, no mechanicals to speak of to break. You don't need electricity, etc...

Jetdock for inboard ski boat
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:37pm

Correct - I cannot have anything touching the bottom of the lake which forces me to something similiar to the hydrohoist

It sounds like you will need one of the "hydro" hoists then?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:36pm
then you do need a hydrahoist, they attach to the dock and float/ air in, air out, they are the only type used out here at the delta...4 foot tide change twice a day...in fresh water. they make them for all sizes of boats, tons of skiboats sitting on them here.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

He's talking about Hydrohoists Peter, like these:

http://www.boatlift.com

Typically used for boats too large for a conventional lift....

His "pilings" comment refers driving pilings and then mounting lift hardware to make a "permanent lift". Also a common practice.

Where!!! Not where I'm at!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:29pm
Correct - I cannot have anything touching the bottom of the lake which forces me to something similiar to the hydrohoist
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:16pm
He's talking about Hydrohoists Peter, like these:

Typically used for boats too large for a conventional lift....

His "pilings" comment refers driving pilings and then mounting lift hardware to make a "permanent lift". Also a common practice.

My take is he's restricted from the latter, and not sure why a conventional lift won't work for him...

Hydro hoist
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 3:03pm

I will need to install one of the pump water in / pump water out types as the Lake that I am on will not allow piles driven into the lake bottom so my dock is a floater.

Greg,
"Water in and out"???? What kind of lift are you referring to? Piles???? What type of lift are you talking about that needs pilings??? There are floaters that pump air in and out!!! Just as Mark mentioned. what about a free standing.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 2:15pm
Why not just get a free-standing Hewitt or Shorestation lift?

Links removed....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 2:06pm
Just wondering what folks thoughts were on boat lift manufacturer's - who is preferred and who to stay away from. I will need to install one of the pump water in / pump water out types as the Lake that I am on will not allow piles driven into the lake bottom so my dock is a floater.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic