NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

high pressue fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bohinny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: high pressue fuel pump
    Posted: June-24-2012 at 8:07pm
Anybody ever have luck finding a high pressure fuel pump for a 95 gt 40 at an auto parts store at the lake and boat is not starting. No fuel pressure on the rail checked high and low pressure pumps low pressure pump is running high pressure is not checked and I have the 12 volts at the pump for the two second prime. Just would like to get pump local if possible. If not where is the cheapest.
Thanks
Billy
Billy
Bohinny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 12:30am
Well after the pump cooled off it started pumping (running) so we got back out on the lake and lifted the engine cover when stopped to keep thing cooled off. I found a Carter p60962 for $155 at napa going to try and get it tomorrow and try that. I think the pump is getting to hot and locking up. Will see if that fixes the miss as well.
Billy
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 3:32am
$142 at SKIDIM, but it doesn't seem that you are going to want to wait get it shipped.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080025A

Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
Bohinny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 1:08pm
I have the $299 dollar pump for the non FCC http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=55-6014
On my pump there is a 962 stamped on it and the carter pump Part#p60962 so i am just trying to locate one napa says they cant get i will try online.
Thanks
Billy
Billy
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 1:28pm
Having an external HP pump makes sense now since you said it would cool off when you open the engine compartment; it would take a while to cool off a pump in the FCC.

Try searching at autotrader.com; I got my idle speed control valve amazingly cheaper for the same thing than what the discount marine places were quoting (same PN, etc.). Same hermetically sealed unit.
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic