Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

linkage again

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
badfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: linkage again
    Posted: June-22-2012 at 1:43pm
adjusted my cables according to this thread: http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25676&KW=&PID=329423&title=morse-throttle-cable#329423 and it appears to work for a few shifts, then fails. It's as if the cable no longer holds its position. When failure occurs, its as if the trans is struggling to get into gear and missing. The cable appears to be losing it's setting and pushes the trans shift lever to a point where it can't quit engage. When the cable is disconnected, the trans shifts/operates just fine. I'm wondering whether I'm not properly performing the task, or the cable is done? Is it possible I haven't enought tension against idle?
Eric Brenco
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2012 at 1:47pm
Are the brass cable ends at both the trans and helm worn control?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2012 at 2:44pm
The cable jacket has a fixed position on both ends. Is it slipping in the rear bracket?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic