Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

limp mode

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Reginavac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reginavac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: limp mode
    Posted: June-17-2012 at 2:36pm
I have a 1995 ski nautique with gt40. last season it ran fine two times out. 3rd time out went into limp mode. I removed wire from oil pressure switch, no luck. I then removed the brown wire from the water temp switch this worked. I replaced the water temp switch, did not solve problem. still have to remove brown wire from temp switch. Does anyone know what the green wire on the water temp switch is for? is it a ground wire? The engine seems to run just fine with the water temp switch wire off. One thing I did between the 2nd & 3rd time out was remove the dash pod to wax around it.

John R
Reginavac
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 10:55pm
John there are 3 water temp sensors on the GT40 engine.

1. The ECT sensor near the front on inlet manifold it is a two wire device as it has a signal return to the EEC. This is the main one for controlling fuel and ignition via computer.

2. Engine temperature gauge sender.

3. Engine temp switch that puts the EEC computer into limp(SLOW) mode.

The SLOW or limp circuit is just a parallel cct from the third engine temp switch and a oil pressure switch.

When either of these switches are activated they switch to ground or earth. By removing the wire from the faulty switch it stops this ground signal from being sent to pin 24 at ECA connector (computer). Not sure what colour wire is at that temp switch but the wire to the ECA connector is shown as tan/black.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic