Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holley 4160 600cfm

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holley 4160 600cfm
    Posted: June-09-2012 at 3:44am
I was all set to adjust the float levels on my 3 yr. old Holley for my 351, but discovered it is a factory set model with no external adjustments. Before I get in over my head in taking the bowls off I thought I'd check the fuel pressure to see if it were causing the post shut off dripping and flooding in the secondary (I'd read that it was an automotive problem w/ some). Any experience with a need for a fuel pressure regulator, anyone? And, any other suggestions for curing the post run drip/flood syndrome?
'86 Martinique,351 PCM
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2012 at 10:26am
I had the same issue earlier in the spring. Took the front bowl off and adjusted float, cleaned needle and seat, and problem solved! Pretty simple fix. Mark
levin
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2012 at 2:55pm
Hey, Mark. Any particular caveats you might pass on to me before I launch into this fix? I Understand that there are "tabs" to be bent for adjusting and that the float bottom is to be level with the base of the bowl, but aren't there some measurements as well? I hope its just a matter of a little debris or trash that's causing the problem.   Thanks.
'86 Martinique,351 PCM
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2012 at 6:09pm
I would vote for debris. All to often I hear of "adjusting carburetors" when the darn thing ran just fine for years, now doesn't and everybody want to turn the magic screws. So... it went out of adjustment sitting in a shed all winter?
Good on you for for doing your homework.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
84SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 2:37pm
If you did get a little bit of trash in the carb, how can you clean it out? is their an easy way?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by 84SN2001 84SN2001 wrote:

If you did get a little bit of trash in the carb, how can you clean it out? is their an easy way?

Yes, as mentioned:
Originally posted by levinmark levinmark wrote:

I had the same issue earlier in the spring. Took the front bowl off and adjusted float, cleaned needle and seat, and problem solved! Pretty simple fix. Mark

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 1:10pm
Only pitfall is that you may or may not need gaskets. I would get a couple of float bowl gaskets and a base gasket, just to be sure. Cheap insurance.

A rebuild kit would include every gasket you would possibly need, but the base gasket.
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 10:37pm
get the blue gaskets (, reusable)that way you will not have to buy new ones when it happens again....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic