NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

STYLIN'

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 12:20am
Yikes...thank goodness HW is due to arrive later this evening. I gotta get him to teach me to scan...in self-defense.

Actually Bill has more pictures from this era than you can imagine. I have alot too...difference is Bill's are all in picture books..which we all look at time after time..and mine are all in boxes. Maybe we'll share more if the interest is there as time goes on.

yeah CQ..Bill went from hardly ever being on his computer to this. The new computer has really created a picture monster! BUt I just cannot express how much fun this era was. And to be able to share it with your 'hero' and his family..plus our ski club family....well there just ain't words. We'll have to let our pictures do the talking.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 2:57am

[Bill, I am so glad you got a new computer and scanner, can only imagine what other treats we are in for, this is awesome!!!]

[/QUOTE]

Chris: Glad to provide a little entertainment, but I might have to back off a little until I see what John comes up with now that he has called in the high technology help. [Hollywood] I have a vast supply of material to chose from and all legit'....no photo-shopping allowed!!
    Sad to admit but I was still using my "free" computer given to all Ford employees back around '97 or '98 with the ever popular Windows 98 operating system! Talk about "keep it original"!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 3:08am
[QUOTE=jbear] Yikes...thank goodness HW is due to arrive later this evening. I gotta get him to teach me to scan...in self-defense.

Actually Bill has more pictures from this era than you can imagine. I have alot too...difference is Bill's are all in picture books..which we all look at time after time..and mine are all in boxes. Maybe we'll share more if the interest is there as time goes on.

yeah CQ..Bill went from hardly ever being on his computer to this. The new computer has really created a picture monster! BUt I just cannot express how much fun this era was. And to be able to share it with your 'hero' and his family..plus our ski club family....well there just ain't words. We'll have to let our pictures do the talking.

quote: John

Full disclosure: Yes that is my tube. Given as Christmas gift to my kids by John and Patti when they were 4 and 6. Put up in the attic where it remained for 20+ years. My kids were not allowed to tube!! Recently pulled out this old/new tube and put into service because grandkids are a whole different set of rules!!

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 2:39am
this water skiing is a tough business...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 4:03pm
Everytime I see pictures of Bill with the gray sides I think of Maury Finkle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Everytime I see pictures of Bill with the gray sides I think of Maury Finkle.

Must have been before my time....never heard of Maury Finkle!! Looks like a dude from an Adam Sadler movie!

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 12:15pm
Close, it's Ben Stiller from the Starsky & Hutch with Owen Wilson.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 3:19am

Close, it's Ben Stiller from the Starsky & Hutch with Owen Wilson.

Thanks...that's a memory refresher. By the way how come no pictures from last weekend's ski session??? I thought we would see more stuff of you and Eddie. [I see plenty of my brother]

Did you ever call on the Brookpark Casting Plant in your travels?? Gone....totally freaking Gone when I went by this morning although they will be hauling scrap off the site for months to come! Back in the day we had 10 molding lines working 27 out of a possible 30 shifts....9000+ people in that building alone!! Sad...very sad.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 3:35am

Me and "jbear" when he was just a "cub"...going to my wedding #1.

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:43am
Bill, you should take a drive past the Chrysler plant here in Twinsburg.
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:44am
1965???? i was a tadpole
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Bill, you should take a drive past the Chrysler plant here in Twinsburg.

I have...get the same sick feeling I get when going by the old casting plant site!! How did we get from there to here?? I was out to breakfast yesterday with some guys and one happened to express joy that call centers were returning to our shores....I'm thinking "WOW"...we replace manufacturing with call centers....impressive!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 12:34am
holy Cow..just stumbled upon this one. Just check out them haircuts and those glasses!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 2:13am
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

Thanks...that's a memory refresher. By the way how come no pictures from last weekend's ski session??? I thought we would see more stuff of you and Eddie. [I see plenty of my brother]

We did not bring a camera, so I guess that means we didn't even ski...

Did you ever call on the Brookpark Casting Plant in your travels?? Gone....totally freaking Gone when I went by this morning although they will be hauling scrap off the site for months to come!

Personally no, but we did go there probably once a year. Just cruising Brookpark rd?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 2:41am
aaaahhhhhh yes.....spent a little time and more than a few $1 bills on Brookpark road. Back in the day of course..not lately.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 4:53am

Did you ever call on the Brookpark Casting Plant in your travels?? Gone....totally freaking Gone when I went by this morning although they will be hauling scrap off the site for months to come!

Personally no, but we did go there probably once a year. Just cruising Brookpark rd?

Ah yes...cruising Brookpark Road, did that more than a few times!! Tuesday was bowling day and we were backed by a bar on Brookpark named the GiGi Lounge. Obviously had to patronize them and then proceed to work our way west on Brookpark. Worked nights...bowled in the am...rule was "if not home and in bed by 7:30 don't bother to wake me for work". Miss those days but probably couldn't handle it anymore!
     Here's one from the Brookpark road days.

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

holy Cow..just stumbled upon this one. Just check out them haircuts and those glasses!

john

Okay on the glasses... But what is wrong with those haircuts??
We soldiers like that style...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic