Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NO POWER ON TAKE OFF

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
zx900rr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zx900rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 4:10pm
i have been in and out of town. i will be taking her out on tuesday, i am hoping i can just clean her out and put some fresh fuel. i will keep you posted. thank you for the help!

saludos
WildH2OSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildH2OSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 11:13pm
Good luck and when you take her out get a cheap timing light and check that.
Also I have to second the check of the plug wires. I managed to have 7 & 8 reversed on mine.
I also had problems that sounded quite similar to yours from a source that no here has mentioned yet..... how are your exhaust hoses?
I had one that had a crack in it and basically I was reburning the exhaust gasses coming from cylinders 1 2 3 & 4. This was causing me to come out of the hole really weak because of the build up of carbon dioxide while idling but when the boat got up to speed enough air was forcing its way to clear out the motor box and give it enough clean air to run.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by WildH2OSkier WildH2OSkier wrote:

I also had problems that sounded quite similar to yours from a source that no here has mentioned yet..... how are your exhaust hoses?
I had one that had a crack in it and basically I was reburning the exhaust gasses coming from cylinders 1 2 3 & 4. This was causing me to come out of the hole really weak because of the build up of carbon dioxide while idling but when the boat got up to speed enough air was forcing its way to clear out the motor box and give it enough clean air to run.

Please fill us in on this "carbon dioxide" problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WildH2OSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildH2OSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 12:29am
Whoops my stoopid pill must have kicked in really good there. I would go back and edit this but since you wisely chose to quote it I guess I shall accept the ribbing. Dioxide/monoxide, tomato/potato lalalalaaaah!!
I've got a correct Craft, I'm too blessed to be stressed.
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 1:06pm
I had a similair issue after doing a tunup over the winter (plugs / wires / cap / rotor / points / conds.).

After investigating, I found that my timing was off. I corrected the timing back to the factory spec and she runs like new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic