NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wood boat trailers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wood boat trailers
    Posted: October-19-2010 at 1:48pm
Hey guys... Wanted to get some opinions on a trailer issue, looking for a trailer for our 55 Chris Craft Continental.

I ran into a manufacturer who makes the v-bunk trailers listed on the Laporte's site. Is one of these trailers going to support a hull properly?

Would we be better off going with something new like a Phoenix trailer with multiple bunks? Flip side is that I saw a TON of the old v-bunk trailers at the Warner auction last week...so obviously they last. Pricing seems to be pretty close for tandems.

Here is how she is sitting now, bunks are directly under primaries.

Any opinions?

Chris
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 2:10pm
Chris,
Bunks under the primaries are good but really not needed. As long as you have support close to and picking up as many frames as possible you're good to go. Actually, I like the wishbone spread somewhat. It gives the boat more stability on the trailer - it won't want to roll over as much.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 2:41pm
Thanks for the info Pete. I like the looks of the v-bunk trailer as I feel it is more fitting to the wood boats. Just wanted to see what everyones opinion were on them as far as supporting the boat.

I think Paul Morris (Clear Lake Chapter) has one under a boat he is parting this winter. I'll have to investigate and see if it will work for our boat.

Hopefully we can find something soon as we are leaning to getting the boat up to Steve Bunda this winter.   

....also got to see some of the early v-bunk trailers made by Jeff....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 3:09pm
Chris,
Did I tell you about Steve? Good guy and does nice work. I've known him going back quite a few years all the way to the old MACBA (Midwest Antique & Classic Boat Association) days!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 3:30pm
Sure did Pete. You gave me his contact info in this thread. I've been talking with Steve for a while now about getting the boat up to him. Only problem is...we need a trailer! He said he could have it back in about 18 months and his shop is very impressive.

Here is a 55 he finished not too long ago...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Sure did Pete. You gave me his contact info in this thread.

You see what happens to the memory!! Well, that was almost a year ago!!

If you take it over to him between Christmas and New Years, stop by. Crandon is about 20 miles from Three Lakes. I'll be up there! If you time it correct, my wife and daughter are already planning on a big shop warming party!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
yuanyiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuanyiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2010 at 12:19am

Winter brides who wed in cold climates face a serious dilemma: Will your wedding gown leave you shivering? You don't have to sacrifice style just because the weather is frigid. Here are five features to look for in a gown that's perfectly appropriate for winter.
Sleeves
wedding dresses
If the idea of finding a stole that matches your look seems daunting, wedding dresses choose a gown that doesn't need one. Sleeved gowns are back in a big way (click here to see for yourself) and are simply perfect for winter brides who want a little extra protection from the elements. Sophisticated cap sleeves will keep you from feeling overexposed, while three-quarter sleeves, or even something full-length, will surely have you covered.
Heavy Fabrics
wedding gowns
The best part of winter wedding fashion is that you can indulge in luxurious silk satins without getting too hot or feeling weighed down by the fabric.wedding gowns If you're considering a ball gown, winter weddings are definitely the ideal time for full skirts. If you love the look of lace, opt for a heavier variety like Battenberg lace, which will keep you warmer than a more delicate type like Chantilly lace.
Embellishments
prom dresses
For a gown that truly stands out against the snow, prom dresses choose a style that has plenty of embellishments. An ornately decorated bodice is flattering and fun, while allover shine (like a sparkly tulle ball gown) is fairy tale-worthy. And don't feel limited to crystals -- pearls, sequins, and the fabric itself can also add some amazing sparkle.
Accessories
wedding dresses
Don'wedding dresses t feel forced into wearing a coverall just because the weather is cold. You can wear shoulder-baring strapless gowns or slinky sheaths because you'll still keep cozy with some seasonal accessories. Bundle up in a faux fur stole or a comfy cashmere wrap for a look that both exudes a charming winter style and keeps you warm.Color
Whether the shade is a bold departure from traditional white (we love icy-blue gowns) or a more subtle, understated hue (like blush pink), a colorful gown will add drama to your wedding day look. To avoid going overboard, opt for delicate (and crystal clear) accessories: Diamond studs or a simple solitaire necklace are an elegant way to complete your look.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic